Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pumpdoc

Malaysain Gp Race Thread

I think it's still light enough to race now but in an hour, probably not.

The cameras are good at making it look like there is more light than there actually is though.

We are all p**sed off! :P

Ha Ha you more than anyone, did you find your live feed abbas???

Am I the only one who feels that (unless Brawn dominate the whole season of course) this year the champion will be half a point from the second? :lol:

Alonso says no way to a restart.

More than rain the problem is that it's too dark. He said there could be a big accident. So, it restarts very soon or forget about it.

The cameras are good at making it look like there is more light than there actually is though.

It was the same case in Australia, all the drivers complained after the race yet (perhaps luckily) there were no accidents due to poor lighting and they got on with it. If the weather here was like in Australia they could obviously do the same, the biggest factor is the rain, I think.

More than rain the problem is that it's too dark. He said there could be a big accident. So, it restarts very soon or forget about it.

Does the two-hour race limit clock stop when a red flag comes out?

Does the two-hour race limit clock stop when a red flag comes out?

No, that's why it was so stupid to start so late in Sepang.

I don't know. I don't think the race will restart, I think prevention is better than cure and the race should be earlier and we would not have such problems. The drivers always complain and say these things, but I suspect if the race started again they would get on with it anyway!

Ok, here's my official proposal to Bernie and Mosley. Next time a race has to be stopped due to loos of light/rain, all drivers, plus bernie and max should do a comic routine until the 2 hours limit is met.

If the weather here was like in Australia they could obviously do the same, the biggest factor is the rain, I think.

The rain could stop and is lighter now but it's cloudy and very dark because in Sepang it is a bit late. So all together it's s##t!

Great friggin' idea, starting so late. A whole race wasted :meh:

Well its all for your benefit, hope you lot enjoyed watching the race at a user friendly hour :P

Kidding, but seriously this dumb idea of starting races later so Europe can have a sleep is crazy. One shadows and light through the trees in Melbourne Two afternoon showers in Malaysia and bad light, what next at China PEAK HOUR TRAFFIC JAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ha Ha you more than anyone, did you find your live feed abbas???

:D I did, now I am looking at the track lit by lights no better than candles!

Well its all for your benefit, hope you lot enjoyed watching the race at a user friendly hour :P

Kidding, but seriously this dumb idea of starting races later so Europe can have a sleep is crazy. One shadows and light through the trees in Melbourne Two afternoon showers in Malaysia and bad light, what next at China PEAK HOUR TRAFFIC JAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not for MY benefit! Here at the western hemisphere it was actually worse! I had to wake up at 6 to watch this joke of a race. Last year I had to stay awake until 2 a.m. to watch it. I rather stay up late.

6'0 clock is not too early...oh yea in Italy anything before 11am is too early.....and lunch break starts at 1pm which ends at 3pm, and working stops at 6pm and they complain about low productivity and less consumers these days! :lol:

Am I the only person in favour of arranging the races to assist viewers in F1s key fan base of Europe. Ok so maybe this race wasn't a prime target for starting later but the essential idea is a good one even if it requires tweaking.

The rain could stop and is lighter now but it's cloudy and very dark because in Sepang it is a bit late. So all together it's s##t!

Pretty much sums up the situation. I hope somebody learns something from this.

It's the same in Spain Abbas, only their "siesta" breaks are from 2 to 5 pm, so they have to work til 8 XD

On the matter at hand: If they could have it just 1 hour earlier they should have listened

Am I the only person in favour of arranging the races to assist viewers in F1s key fan base of Europe. Ok so maybe this race wasn't a prime target for starting later but the essential idea is a good one even if it requires tweaking.

Well...the savages from the New World respectfully disagree with their European Masters... :P

Not enough Sepang complained about lower spectators, what is now happening out there does not help to attract people for the next year. I guess they are just putting up a huge show to convince the specators that they got enough time to see those cars and they were lucky enough to see the cars much better than they can get to see during other races in the calender! :lol:

I think it's bad for everybody. Look what's happened today, even it was very dark in Australia. They are racing a Formula One, and light is really important.

It's a bad idea to start a race late because if a red flag is thrown there is a limited amount of time (due to light) to wait for bad weather to clear.

I understand the intention behind it but all it actually does is potentially ruin the race for everyone in trying to make it better for some.