Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

King_Alonso786

Alonso's Sensational Start To The Malaysian Grand Prix

Alonso is truly a execpetional driver... I would have him in my car more than anybody else in this era. If he had went to Honda (Brawn GP) instead of staying on Renault, he would be doing the things we saw with Schumacher with Ferrari in 2002 & 2004. Yes, he is that good.

Alonso is truly a execpetional driver... I would have him in my car more than anybody else in this era. If he had went to Honda (Brawn GP) instead of staying on Renault, he would be doing the things we saw with Schumacher with Ferrari in 2002 & 2004. Yes, he is that good.

I agree about Alonso, but Button is already doing that (the bold) with BrawnGP, they don't need Alonso.

In an effort to provide one-stop shopping for their customers, the nation's largest copier companies are enlarging the scope of their businesses by purchasing systems integration and document services firms. By acquiring firms that can integrate digital copiers into computer networks and service those networks, as well as provide printing services on large projects, wow gold the firms are hoping to capture business that would typically be outsourced. "It allows us to provide a lot more solutions for a wider range of client applications," says Bob Raymond, sales manager for Ikon Office Solutions in San Antonio. "The goal is to be able to provide a one-stop shop," says Michael Fitzgibbons, president and chief executive officer of Felco Office Systems Inc., a company owned by Tampa, Fla.-based Global Imaging Systems Co. "Instead of being able to provide a portion of their needs, we're looking to provide a whole turn-key program." Several years ago, national business machine firms such as Ikon, Global Imaging and Danka Business Systems plc began purchasing independent copier sales and service companies in an effort to provide competitive prices and technologically advanced products to their customers. But as more copiers have become digital - and more customers are aiming to hook up their computer systems to their digital copiers - copier firms are stepping in to service that market. What's more, since more firms are preparing their documents in-house, business machine firms are working to provide just-in-time printing services - where they are able to print large quantities of documents for their clients on a demand basis. The goal, industry officials say, wow power leveling, is to have one sales representative selling all the various office equipment services to the company's customers. To that end, Valley Forge, Penn.-based Ikon recently renamed its document services unit to Ikon Office Solutions. Last December, Ikon-Night Rider, Ikon's document services division, acquired Legal Copies International, which owned Alamo Legal Copies of San Antonio. "It's important that we present our solutions to the market in a unified way so that customers can remember a single name for all of their legal and business document needs," Lynn Graham, president of Ikon Document Services, said in a prepared statement released last month. During the second quarter of Ikon's fiscal year 1997 alone, Ikon purchased 24 companies nationwide - nine systems integration firms, six outsourcing and imaging companies, and nine traditional office equipment firms. That brings the total number of companies Ikon has acquired in the first six months of this fiscal year to 47 - 19 in systems integration, 13 in outsourcing, and 15 in traditional office equipment. (Ikon, then known as Alco Standard Co., acquired Texas Copy in San Antonio in the early 1990s.) Bruce Ganger, director of digital and color programs for Danka, says that his firm has grown its systems integration and print-on-demand business internally for several years. However, last September the St. Petersburg, Fla.-based company purchased the office imaging division of Eastman Kodak. That division was already a top player in the print-on-demand business. Tom Johnson, CEO of Global Imaging, says the firm has 44 locations nationwide. In the past eight months, it has acquired two systems integration firms, one of which is the 34th largest in the nation. Fitzgibbons says his firm currently is holding talks regarding possible deals with some local firms. John Thomas, president of the San Antonio systems integration firm The Publishing Group, says he has been contacted by some of the major companies about providing services, but has yet to be approached regarding an acquisition. "They do use my services," he says. However, Sam Lorimer, vice president of SabreData of Austin, another systems integrator, says he has seen many of his peers nationwide get purchased or approached by some of the nation's major office equipment service firms. Of those, he says, Ikon appears to be the most aggressive. "I've seen a lot of peers get purchased by Ikon," he says. While digital copiers still make up only a small percentage of the market, industry analysts say it is increasing. Analysts says digital copiers make up less than 10 percent of the installed market. Digital equipment, which digitizes images electronically instead of using a light source, gears and drums, allows the use of one machine for various functions, including faxing and laser printing. However, digital equipment is becoming a larger source of revenues for the business-machine industry. For example, Xerox Corp., which has its own systems integration division, recently reported that digital sales accounted for 34 percent of its revenues, according to an industry analyst. "There's a sense that there's a lot of waste in a business environment by having a printer, world of warcraft power leveling, fax and a copier," says Kristy Thiese, an analyst with Raymond James & Associates in St. Petersburg, Fla. "The (digital) products are here now and there'll be more coming in a year." But while the digital market is still small, Thiese also notes that systems integration - because it involves servicing equipment - is similar to the copier service business, making it a good business for the business-machine companies to enter. For example, they are able to use the same dispatch system they are already using for their copier service people. "It's a similar business to run to the business they're already in," she says. "It's a good growth business for them." However, Thiese says that as digital copiers do take over the market, independent copier companies could feel financial pressure to expend capital to provide systems integrations and other complementary services. Duane Meehan, president of Office Communications Systems Inc. (OCS), the largest independent business machine firm in San Antonio, says he saw several years ago that digital copiers would create the need for systems integration and formed a division to address the need. He is expecting that division to grow. Indeed, Meehan says he was recently told by a top official of a major copier manufacturer that by the year 2000, no more analog copiers would be developed by the firm. "Everything they are doing is going to be connectable," Meehan says about copier manufacturers. "As a dealer, we've had to be fully prepared to sell and service digital copiers." So far, Meehan says that adding systems integration to his business has helped fuel the firm's growth. OCS has seen its revenues grow by more than 60 percent over the last three years.

Digital propelling copier businesses to broaden scope

Indeed/agreed/f*ck off.

*delete as appropriate.

Awww cheers Alejandro. For an Alonso fan, you're not all that bad yourself.

Is that a compliment? :eusa_think:

For a Max&Bernie fan, you're not all that bad yourself. :lol:

:lol:

Yes, it was a compliment. It's good that the Alonso fans feel welcome here. After all, who else would I wind up?

Alonso is closer to Prost, Senna, Schumacher... than any other.

But do you think BGP would be the same if Honda still be there. I'm not sure, I think they have now the best engine together with Ferrari.

Alonso is closer to Prost, Senna, Schumacher... than any other.

But do you think BGP would be the same if Honda still be there. I'm not sure, I think they have now the best engine together with Ferrari.

It's a pity really...I mean Kimi is regarded as many who worked with both Schumacher and Senna; to be faster than both...it's a fact people. It then means that Kimi is higher above all those drivers mentioned 2 post above :D

It's a pity really...I mean Kimi is regarded as many who worked with both Schumacher and Senna; to be faster than both...it's a fact people. It then means that Kimi is higher above all those drivers mentioned 2 post above :D

Kimi is faster. It matters because it is present tense as well as a fact.

It wouldn't be. Honda would not receive the treatment that BGP's got. Just look at Toyota.

If Honda were still here, there would'nt be a BGP or Button winning more races in 2 weeks than he has in 8 years!

Yes, it's a pity that he can't capitalize on that speed... still it's a cool trait to have. Not so cool with his current fixation with walls, but still cool.

Do wish Kimi would show his full potential and Ferrari would provide a reliable car from the season start - but then that not their way of doing things - they're often their own worst enemies.

Do wish Kimi would show his full potential and Ferrari would provide a reliable car from the season start - but then that not their way of doing things - they're often their own worst enemies.

Unfortunaly for Kimi, it appears Ferrari works best under the iron rule of a team leader that kicks them in the behind when they get stuck, someone like....... Alonso. Not saying Kimi is a bad driver, quite the contrary, for me Kimi is exceptional, however, team leader he ain

Unfortunaly for Kimi, it appears Ferrari works best under the iron rule of a team leader that kicks them in the behind when they get stuck, someone like....... Alonso. Not saying Kimi is a bad driver, quite the contrary, for me Kimi is exceptional, however, team leader he ain

Take the Honda point but it's still the same guys so they may have been up there after all.

but not the engine.

Kimi's been underperforming for a while, now he seems ready to be back on top but he hasn't got a winner car. Let's see.

Hmmm don't see it myself; don't get me wrong I like Kimi and think he is fast but to say he is faster than Schui and Senna is wrong imho. The thing is he may be faster than Schui and Senna but to do that he has to be faster than Schui and Senna, which he is not.

Too inconsistent. Too lazy and often simply not fast enough. If, as you assert Kimi is better than Schui and Senna:

1) Given the thrashing Massa gave (and still gives) him in identical equipment; that must mean Massa is even better than Schui and Senna???!!! How comfortable do you feel with that statement?!

2) Why doesn't he have more WDC's?

3) Why isn't he challenging the front runners even when he is in a bucket 'o s##t car? (which Senna and Schui certainly did).....

Hmmm don't see it myself; don't get me wrong I like Kimi and think he is fast but to say he is faster than Schui and Senna is wrong imho. The thing is he may be faster than Schui and Senna but to do that he has to be faster than Schui and Senna, which he is not.

Too inconsistent. Too lazy and often simply not fast enough. If, as you assert Kimi is better than Schui and Senna:

1) Given the thrashing Massa gave (and still gives) him in identical equipment; that must mean Massa is even better than Schui and Senna???!!! How comfortable do you feel with that statement?!

2) Why doesn't he have more WDC's?

3) Why isn't he challenging the front runners even when he is in a bucket 'o s##t car? (which Senna and Schui certainly did).....

He is "faster than", not "better than".

A rocket can be faster than any F1 car. However, try to drive in a rocket through Monaco. And if the rocket pilot is drunk...

He is "faster than", not "better than".

A rocket can be faster than any F1 car. However, try to drive in a rocket through Monaco. And if the rocket pilot is drunk...

Doh <slaps head> OK, my post above ^^ substitute "faster" for "better". Same thing applies.

But you are right.

Even I wouldn't go so far as to say Kimi is Senna fast, he just ain't. Close, maybe.

The difference is that (as Tanita and others said) Kimi can rarely access his speed consistently, whereas Senna was fast at will.