Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

King_Alonso786

Alonso's Sensational Start To The Malaysian Grand Prix

And, btw, I think MS's exit from Ferrari was a shame. If he had sent Montezemolo to fck himself and continued, MS would've gotten back his mojo and he would still be the man to beat.

I'm not sure why he retired, but if I was an almost billionaire and world famous driver approaching my 40's, I guess I would have retired too.

There could have been an intra-team politics situation, but if that was the case, I don't think he would have stayed around.

It was good for him to leave before he became an embarrassment for his own name, but I can't help thinking he still had a couple of years left in him!

Tell dribbler. He is into coprophilia now

Good album, though 'Live At Leeds' was better.

However, MS did have a shtty car in 2005. His talent was wasted that season, imo.

Hardly. It was like '96 all over again; a demonstration of his class, earning his wage and making others look average. Muscling up to third in the championship.

Alonso beat Schumacher in 2006. Weren't you watching back then? That was a championship that MS could've won. I was there, side of the track, when his car broke down in Suzuka. Had that no happened, MS would probably have another title to his name. His talent was not wasted in 2006.

When talking about 2006 people tend to focus on Japan where Schumi's car broke down but if you look at he whole season, both Alonso and Schumacher had quite the same and very few problems. Any of them could have won the Championship but Michelin/Renault did a better job than Bridgestone/Ferrari.

When talking about 2006 people tend to focus on Japan where Schumi's car broke down but if you look at he whole season, both Alonso and Schumacher had quite the same and very few problems. Any of them could have won the Championship but Michelin/Renault did a better job than Bridgestone/Ferrari.

That may be true, but (and without going back over the full results of that season) I remember the general consensus being that Michael had missed a trick. He could and should have won but made too many errors. Any other time he would have emerged triumphant but Alonso rightly punished him.

First of all, I didn't get excited or upset, or bitter.

Glad I could make you smile though, which means you tend to take it personally than read the argument. That could blur your perception..

Anyway, I responded to the " Alonso took MS down and I wish my boy had taken him down" comment of yours, not anything else!

The whole reigning/domination thing is not just a one-man achievement. So how can one man be taken down in a team sport? Sure the driver has the final say in success or failure, but there is only so much they can do.

If we take into account the last seasons only, what was FA doing in 2007, 2008? What was Kimi doing last year?

They both threw away championships, they (supposedly) could win. So?

I 'm willing to bet ALL the champions in every single sport/occupation or whatever on this planet have lost their crown at some point...

If someone thinks this a reason to gloat is fine by me!

My god. What a mess.

I truly don't know what you are after, tbh. You think FA threw away a championship in 2008? Really? How was he able to supposedly win with that lemon? Honestly, no idea what you are after there.

MS had the car in 2006 and fought for the championship. He lost it to Alonso. He did. I saw it. I remember it. And he lost to Alonso when he had not lost to anyone in years (with a capable team/car). Alonso's victory ended an era. MS left and that was the end of it.

I'm not sure why he retired, but if I was an almost billionaire and world famous driver approaching my 40's, I guess I would have retired too.

There could have been an intra-team politics situation, but if that was the case, I don't think he would have stayed around.

It was good for him to leave before he became an embarrassment for his own name, but I can't help thinking he still had a couple of years left in him!

On the bold, we agree.

MS had the car in 2006 and fought for the championship. He lost it to Alonso. He did. I saw it. I remember it. And he lost to Alonso when he had not lost to anyone in years (with a capable team/car). Alonso's victory ended an era. MS left and that was the end of it.

Nice theory. How do you explain that Michael confided to Massa at the beginning of 2006 that he was to retire that year?

Hardly. It was like '96 all over again; a demonstration of his class, earning his wage and making others look average. Muscling up to third in the championship.

In short, nothing.

Drivers get only so many years in F1. MS wasted a season in 05 and he had only one more to go. You might not care, I'm sure he did and would've definitely preferred to have an able car than "muscling" or "demonstrating" anything... except another championship in his pocket.

Nice theory. How do you explain that Michael confided to Massa at the beginning of 2006 that he was to retire that year?

You better have absolute proof of that "confidence" (I'm taking about tape recordings, at least) or one of your lot will flip out.

For myself, what the fck does that matter? If MS had won, he would've left unbeaten. He didn't.

In short, nothing.

Drivers get only so many years in F1. MS wasted a season in 05 and he had only one more to go. You might not care, I'm sure he did and would've definitely preferred to have an able car than "muscling" or "demonstrating" anything... except another championship in his pocket.

You and your theories......every driver will have some good years, and some bad years, its life, rest are excuses, just like an economy, there will be good times, and then bad times....stop finding too many excuses and choke yourself.

My god. What a mess.

I truly don't know what you are after, tbh. You think FA threw away a championship in 2008? Really? How was he able to supposedly win with that lemon? Honestly, no idea what you are after there.

On the bold, we agree.

Thanks, that's all I needed to hear!

You are missing the point the whole time!

Read the whole post not just isolated sentences and maybe you 'll find yourself understanding more than usual! That bit was an example to demonstrate what I was talking about above but ANYWAY...

Read the whole post not just isolated sentences and maybe you 'll find yourself understanding more than usual! That bit was an example to demonstrate what I was talking about above but ANYWAY...

Tifosi, baby, stay cool!

:coolio:

:clap3: Man of the year award! :P

Why thank you! (I hope that comment was aimed at me and not Rob, baby!)

First of all, I didn't get excited or upset, or bitter.

Glad I could make you smile though, which means you tend to take it personally than read the argument. That could blur your perception..

Anyway, I responded to the " Alonso took MS down and I wish my boy had taken him down" comment of yours, not anything else!

The whole reigning/domination thing is not just a one-man achievement. So how can one man be taken down in a team sport? Sure the driver has the final say in success or failure, but there is only so much they can do.

If we take into account the last seasons only, what was FA doing in 2007, 2008? What was Kimi doing last year?

They both threw away championships, they (supposedly) could win. So?

I 'm willing to bet ALL the champions in every single sport/occupation or whatever on this planet have lost their crown at some point...

If someone thinks this a reason to gloat is fine by me!

In 2008, It was clear from race ONE when Alonso failed to get it into Q2 that it wasnt a WDC winning car

Yes they did improve but by that time it was too late, If Fernando had the car which won in Fuji first race onwards then Alonso would have had a chance to win the WDC.

No way did Alonso "throw away" the title in 2008 (or even 2007 for that matter) He got robbed in 2007 and outperformed last years car which was underpowered, inferior and simply didnt belong at the front

You're right.

Tifosi, baby, stay cool!

:coolio:

:lol:

Rob is the best and the worst engineer in F1 but you only have his second best quote. Late on last year (in China maybe?) he wondered in a pit lane interview if Lewis, who'd just dominated the race, was just out-driving the Ferrari boys in a worse car. At the height of the title battle! Gotta love the boy's accent though.

You're right.

:lol:

Rob is the best and the worst engineer in F1 but you only have his second best quote. Late on last year (in China maybe?) he wondered in a pit lane interview if Lewis, who'd just dominated the race, was just out-driving the Ferrari boys in a worse car. At the height of the title battle! Gotta love the boy's accent though.

I missed it!

In 2008, It was clear from race ONE when Alonso failed to get it into Q2 that it wasnt a WDC winning car

Yes they did improve but by that time it was too late, If Fernando had the car which won in Fuji first race onwards then Alonso would have had a chance to win the WDC.

No way did Alonso "throw away" the title in 2008 (or even 2007 for that matter) He got robbed in 2007 and outperformed last years car which was underpowered, inferior and simply didnt belong at the front

Nando baby, stay cool, read his post again and you will understand what he meant! ;)

Sorry Rob,

I have to Rob your quotes now and then, they seem to work. :P

Nando baby, stay cool, read his post again and you will understand what he meant! ;)

Sorry Rob,

I have to Rob your quotes now and then, they seem to work. :P

I need a whiite visor! Please i need a damn white Visor! :lol:

You better have absolute proof of that "confidence" (I'm taking about tape recordings, at least) or one of your lot will flip out.

F1 Racing Magazine, April 2009, Interview by Bradley Lord, page 59, column 3, paragraph 2;

Massa; "He had told me at the beginning of the season, in Malaysia, that he was going to leave F1 at the end of the year..."

For myself, what the fck does that matter? If MS had won, he would've left unbeaten. He didn't.

I don't give a f*ck about yourself. I made the point for myself. You implication was that Michael left at the end of '06 because he had been beaten by Alonso. My evidence destroys your theory.

This is what happens when I can be bothered to grace the mirky shores of your F1 discussions. It might look better for you if I just go back to calling you a f*ck nugget.

F1 Racing Magazine, April 2009, Interview by Bradley Lord, page 59, column 3, paragraph 2;

Massa; "He had told me at the beginning of the season, in Malaysia, that he was going to leave F1 at the end of the year..."

I don't give a f*ck about yourself. I made the point for myself. You implication was that Michael left at the end of '06 because he had been beaten by Alonso. My evidence destroys your theory.

This is what happens when I can be bothered to grace the mirky shores of your F1 discussions. It might look better for you if I just go back to calling you a f*ck nugget.

Steve baby, stay cool.....

Seems to work! :lol: