Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

King_Alonso786

Alonso's Sensational Start To The Malaysian Grand Prix

:nono1:

Totally uncalled for :eusa_think:

:lol: B-b-b-but you got all personal and called me a p**shead, I mean you know that's why my last relationship ended (you know, with Eric), and you know I have a drink problem and that's the only reason I support Kimi Raikkonen.

Glad to see your new catchphrase coming into play though, as my father once said to me, use it wisely my son (it was a different context but I think it still applies) :P

:lol: B-b-b-but you got all personal and called me a p**shead, I mean you know that's why my last relationship ended (you know, with Eric), and you know I have a drink problem and that's the only reason I support Kimi Raikkonen.

Glad to see your new catchphrase coming into play though, as my father once said to me, use it wisely my son (it was a different context but I think it still applies) :P

:lol: My father told me something similar: "Use it. Wisely or not, my son, but just use it for god's sake! you're already 32 years old!"

I am not sure it still applies here, on second thought.

:lol: My father told me something similar: "Use it. Wisely or not, my son, but just use it for god's sake! you're already 32 years old!"

I am sure he told that when you were 23 itself when you still relied on him for pocket money! :D

My father did tell me something similar when I was 23....and I still get money from him.. :D

:lol: So, did you ever get to use your swiss army knife? I mean, that's what I was talking about :whistling:

Even I wouldn't go so far as to say Kimi is Senna fast, he just ain't. Close, maybe.

The difference is that (as Tanita and others said) Kimi can rarely access his speed consistently, whereas Senna was fast at will.

The key word is "consistently" but the speed is there and plenty of it.

One has to wonder is the consistency was there once too...

Kimi 's a s##t driver, He fluked it in 2007 due to Mclaren's mess, Yes he may have been unlucky in 05 but even then he was over rated

At this moment in time, Alonso, Kubica, Hamilton, Vettel, Glock etc would trounce Kimi in equal cars

You went too far to make sense.

Plus Ralf, Alex Yoong, Mazzacane, Yuji Ide and Nelsinho, if he insist on racing on full wets under a scorching sun...no, wait...Nelsinho wouldn't beat him even in that case.

Funny.

To each their own, of the present drivers I like Kimi the best, followed by Kubi. He has immense talent (have people forgotten that he had only a total of ~ 20 races in single seaters before joining F1, and with that experience he finished in points in his very first F1 race with a Sauber?) and in terms of raw speed is in a league of his own. His no-nonsense I-don't-give-a-s##t-what-other-people-think attitude, always admitting his mistakes and never blaming the team or cursing the technical problems he faces is something many drivers could learn from. I like to follow Alonso's drives as well, but his whinyness (is that a word?) when things are not going his way is just repulsing.

I don't understand how one can say Kimi fluked it in 2007, given he won 2 more races than any other driver that year, his misfortunes just happened mid-season while McLaren drivers blew it in the final races, giving the impression he just "got lucky". During his McLaren years he drove brilliant races that not many drivers in the present grid have been able match.

Kimi is a racer, first and foremost, whether it's F1, rally driving or snow mobiles. We could use much more drivers like him on the grid. At present we've got Kimi and Kubi (perhaps I'm forgetting someone, feel free to add to the list).

Yep. When 2007 is mentioned like this is out of biterness for Hamilton's and RD's spectacular fckup.

It was Kimi's first year with Ferrari and he had to deal with many changes. Still, we overcame a "poor" first half of the season and drove a brilliant second part. He stormed away when all others were falling apart.

Yep. When 2007 is mentioned like this is out of biterness for Hamilton's and RD's spectacular fckup.

It was Kimi's first year with Ferrari and he had to deal with many changes. Still, we overcame a "poor" first half of the season and drove a brilliant second part. He stormed away when all others were falling apart.

Sometimes as a guy who has supported Kimi ever since I started watching F1, I despair to think that Kimi would move away from F1 onto rallying or whatever else pleases him and is pure racing to him. All this commercialization, press briefings, interviews etc are things that Kimi is not prepared to accept as a part of racing. As many have said before and I will too, he is old school racing personified and does not give a hoot about anything which does not involve him suiting up and getting into a car and driving the wheels out, ok maybe you can add vodka and lap dancers.

I still remember the 2005 season with Mclaren when he would have a engine or gearbox failure every third race which would award him a ten grid penalty and still manage to push a heavy car to 2 or 3rd in the grid and then drive his icy cold balls off on race day. I feel he could have gone on to greater things with Mclaren and to me one of the greatest rivalries would have been Kimi facing off with Hamilton within Mclaren.

My greatest fear, and selfish yes, is seeing Kimi walk away from F1 this year because he does not prove a point or more importantly Ferrari chooses Alonso over him. To me Kimi on his day can still blow the opposition away, he has only 15 race days left though.....

I still remember the 2005 season with Mclaren when he would have a engine or gearbox failure every third race which would award him a ten grid penalty and still manage to push a heavy car to 2 or 3rd in the grid and then drive his icy cold balls off on race day. I feel he could have gone on to greater things with Mclaren and to me one of the greatest rivalries would have been Kimi facing off with Hamilton within Mclaren.

That's when I became the heretic of the family in choosing someone else over Michael Schumacher xD

I don't know why Kimi isn't doing well, only he can know that. I just want him to behave like he did in 2005 in McLaren. Maybe too much to ask, I don't know. But if he can't do that then he isn't on top form and it's only logical to replace a driver who underperforms, despite the despair of his fans.

Bottom line: Kimi, you b#####d, wake up already!!

Sometimes as a guy who has supported Kimi ever since I started watching F1, I despair to think that Kimi would move away from F1 onto rallying or whatever else pleases him and is pure racing to him. All this commercialization, press briefings, interviews etc are things that Kimi is not prepared to accept as a part of racing. As many have said before and I will too, he is old school racing personified and does not give a hoot about anything which does not involve him suiting up and getting into a car and driving the wheels out, ok maybe you can add vodka and lap dancers.

My greatest fear, and selfish yes, is seeing Kimi walk away from F1 this year because he does not prove a point or more importantly Ferrari chooses Alonso over him. To me Kimi on his day can still blow the opposition away, he has only 15 race days left though.....

Yep. Kimi is the fastest on the grid for me too and I cannot avoid shaking my head when his position at Ferrari is questioned. Even if all you had as reference was Massa, that would be enough to want Kimi for 100 years. It's Massa who should go (rather, been never there to begin with) and leave room for Kubica or Alonso. Any of those pairing would be unbeatable.

But, well, it was Kimi who took down Hamilton and that implied a lot of bad press for him last year. Not that Kimi gives a fck. He gave up at least one (two?) wins over to Massa and still managed to claim more fastest laps than anyone in the field. I think someone brought up at the time that Kimi stopped sort of a historic record with some 6, or 7 fastest laps in a row.

Anyway, Kimi will go sooner than later, I'm afraid. My only wish is that he gets that second WDC before calling it quits. Getting something done once isn't quite enough. Getting it twice is sound confirmation and reward. Kimi deserves that kind of recognition, I feel.

Ahhh...time to play as devil's advocate for a little while.

First things first: I think Kimi is fast. I think Kimi is an above average driver. I think sometimes his decontract

Ahhh...time to play as devil's advocate for a little while.

First things first: I think Kimi is fast. I think Kimi is an above average driver. I think sometimes his decontract

Fair enough. But you forgot to say that while he drove for McLaren and Ferrari, his teammates didn't win any WDC's, either because the cars suck (for all) or simply because they were not better than him.

I think Kimi was better than all his teammates. He has the potential to be bettter than Massa, we all agree with that. His problem is that he never seems to unleash that potential. Which is sad because there were many, many drivers with lots of potential, but only a few that actually unleasdhed it. Button hybernated for years. But he at least had the Honduh excuse. With the Maccas and Ferraris, it becomes trickier. Even in their bad years both cars should have helped an exceptional driver to achieve so mcuh more.

And 2007 was a great season for him. As I said, it was Kimi's first year with Ferrari and he had to deal with many changes. Still, he overcame a "poor" first half of the season and drove a brilliant second part. He stormed away when all others were falling apart.

This was something I was about to write but got lost in my incoherent ramblings. Yes, he usually has great half seasons. His highs are high. But his lows are way too low. Either he really had all that bad luck (landing in the best teams at the worst time) or...

Imagine my anguish when in 2006 Macca had a shi*he car and he finished, what , 5th in the final standings outside the Renault (not counting fisico) & the Ferraris?? and then moved to Ferrari and Macca had a real good car in 2007. I feel Kimi would have worked wonders with the 2007 Macca car than the 2007 Ferrari. I know its a lots of IF's and buts but just goes to signify the rotten luck that Kimi had over 7 years with Macca.

I think 2006 Moncao was the final nail in the coffin for him. I know we have been through this argument countless times on the pages of this forum, though I have not posted much at all since joining in 2006 I still revere this forum as being mighty insightful because of all these lovely people around. :)

I just hope this year does not signal the end of the beginning for Kimi. Secretly I even hope Kimi moves back to Mclaren and brings back the glory days of 2005.

Btw Maure, http://www.formula1.com/results/season/200...stest_laps.html

10 fastest laps for Kimi in 2008. just another statistic at the end of the day....i'm a defeated Kimi fan :angry:

Wake up Kimi!

I think Kimi was better than all his teammates. He has the potential to be bettter than Massa, we all agree with that. His problem is that he never seems to unleash that potential. Which is sad because there were many, many drivers with lots of potential, but only a few that actually unleasdhed it. Button hybernated for years. But he at least had the Honduh excuse. With the Maccas and Ferraris, it becomes trickier. Even in their bad years both cars should have helped an exceptional driver to achieve so mcuh more.

Well, not just potential. Kimi _is_ better than Massa. His record shows it.

This was something I was about to write but got lost in my incoherent ramblings. Yes, he usually has great half seasons. His highs are high. But his lows are way too low. Either he really had all that bad luck (landing in the best teams at the worst time) or...

His lows are way too low... for him. Compare them to other drivers' lows and the matter changes.

But the different kind of expectations is one of the reasons why Kimi is the man.

Anyway. The thing is that I can understand your position. F1 is essentially a sprint race but it is quite, quite difficult to see it as such nowadays. Perhaps, then, I'd better say that F1 _should_ be a sprint race where every item in the car is designed to give its maximum to, then, fall apart come the flag. I view F1 like that and Kimi is the fastest guy, the guy that can get that extra tenth where no one else can. You could say that, for me, Kimi is the ultimate piece that, together with similar extreme engineering, will produce the outmost possible speed under the circumstances of a track...

Imagine my anguish when in 2006 Macca had a shi*he car and he finished, what , 5th in the final standings outside the Renault (not counting fisico) & the Ferraris?? and then moved to Ferrari and Macca had a real good car in 2007. I feel Kimi would have worked wonders with the 2007 Macca car than the 2007 Ferrari. I know its a lots of IF's and buts but just goes to signify the rotten luck that Kimi had over 7 years with Macca.

Too true. After years of agony at McLaren, he left when a capable car was available.

There are "buts", though. One, it is impossible to tell how much of that McLaren was stolen from Ferrari (I prefer Kimi didn't get mixed up in that mess). Two, Kimi would've had to deal with Hamilton's tantrums and blatant favoritism (better left to Alonso, wth). And, third, Kimi left to win that year with Ferrari.

So it worked out great.

I just hope this year does not signal the end of the beginning for Kimi. Secretly I even hope Kimi moves back to Mclaren and brings back the glory days of 2005.

McLaren still has a huge mess on its plate and no one but themselves to blame. Pity, true, what's happen to McLaren... but I don't want Kimi dealing with that.

Btw Maure, http://www.formula1.com/results/season/200...stest_laps.html

10 fastest laps for Kimi in 2008. just another statistic at the end of the day....i'm a defeated Kimi fan :angry:

Not just a statistic. A tour de force, my friend, a demonstration of strength and skill even when things are not quite working your way.

Well, not just potential. Kimi _is_ better than Massa. His record shows it.

His lows are way too low... for him. Compare them to other drivers' lows and the matter changes.

But the different kind of expectations is one of the reasons why Kimi is the man.

Anyway. The thing is that I can understand your position. F1 is essentially a sprint race but it is quite, quite difficult to see it as such nowadays. Perhaps, then, I'd better say that F1 _should_ be a sprint race where every item in the car is designed to give its maximum to, then, fall apart come the flag. I view F1 like that and Kimi is the fastest guy, the guy that can get that extra tenth where no one else can. You could say that, for me, Kimi is the ultimate piece that, together with similar extreme engineering, will produce the outmost possible speed under the circumstances of a track...

Yes, Kimi is better than Massa, who I still don't rate very highly, but I don't see that Kimi has much scope for improvement (he has a great natural talent on which he leans heavily) whereas Massa is like a ball of clay which can be moulded into something more. He'll never be as good as Kimi but he can close the gap. Hill was similar. Worthy and capable of improvement by application even if not possessed of great talent.

I agree with your view of the definition of the race. Very Chapmanesque.