Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quiet One

Dark Times Ahead For Mclaren

space.gif Dennis relinquishes McLaren's F1 duarrowl_sm.gifties

By Pablo Elizalde Thursday, April 16th 2009, 10:12 GMT

1232122379.jpgThe McLaren team has confirmed Ron Dennis is stepping back completely from his involvement with the Formula 1 squad, as AUTOSPORT predicted on Wednesday.

McLaren said on Thursday that Dennis has already handed his responsibility as CEO of McLaren Racing to Martin Whitmarsh, who was named team principal earlier this year.

Dennis will focus entirely on leading the new sports car business, McLaren Automotive, which will now become an independent company, and which plans to launch the first model of McLaren sports cars in 2011.

Dennis, who missed his first grand prix for many years when he skipped the Malaysian GP, said the decision to step down was made by him alone.

"I passed the role of team principal of Vodafone McLaren Mercedes to Martin Whitmarsh on January 16th, the day of the launch of our new Formula 1 car," said Dennis.

"That day I was asked many times whether I would attend the 2009 Australian Grand Prix. My answer was 'yes'. I duly attended it - albeit not as the person in charge of Vodafone McLaren Mercedes. It was, I admit, a strange feeling.

"The next race, the Malaysian Grand Prix, I watched on TV in the UK - an activity I found surprisingly easy. I'd expected to be more emotional about it, after an unbroken run of attending so many grands prix for so many years.

"I admit I'm not always easy to get on with. I admit I've always fought hard for McLaren in Formula 1. I doubt if Max Mosley or Bernie Ecclestone will be displeased by my decision. But no one asked me to do it. It was my decision.

"Equally, I was the architect of today's restructure of the McLaren Group. Again, no-one asked me to do it. It was my decision.

"I feel enormously enthused about the prospects for the McLaren Group and for McLaren Automotive, and have no qualms about leaving Martin to report to the board regarding matters connected with Formula 1."

McLaren also said Richard Lapthorne will be appointed non-executive chairman of the McLaren Group and a non-executive director of McLaren Automotive.

"This is a very exciting time to be joining the McLaren Group and to be working closely with Ron and his team on McLaren Automotive's expansion into the sports car market," said Lapthorne.

"It's a rare opportunity to be involved at a key stage in the development of a British sports car company of an entirely new sort, especially one that has such a great racing pedigree and such a world-class reputation as McLaren."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74495

Now....lets see the New Mclaren P11 hit the roads!

Hahahahah, loving that avatar, Monza!

Ahk!!! the dreaded ykick virus is back!! quickly people, run for the hills!!!!!!!!!!

Ahk!!! the dreaded ykick virus is back!! quickly people, run for the hills!!!!!!!!!!

If I keep taking the pills it should pass in a couple of days. Just don't stand too close.

If I keep taking the pills it should pass in a couple of days. Just don't stand too close.

I only know one sure cure.

Care to explain the ykick virus?I wasn't here back then. :D I guess it has something to do with communism and other various sins. :P

Gotta wonder what's really behind RD's seppuku and what he's trying to achieve with it...

Digits, 1 to 9 in a row?

Care to explain the ykick virus?I wasn't here back then. :D I guess it has something to do with communism and other various sins. :P

No, it mainly affected the jaw and led to dellusions better known as 'it's my year syndrome'.

Everyone had Ykick's schoolboy snap as their avatar. Monza Gorilla started it.

No, it mainly affected the jaw and led to dellusions better known as 'it's my year syndrome'.

:lol::lol:

Everyone had Ykick's schoolboy snap as their avatar. Monza Gorilla started it.

Ahaa :lol: so that guy with such beautiful eyes was Ykick!!

Interview with Lewis Hamilton on Autosport.com:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74522

I never thought the Hamiltons could really be strong enough to force Ron to leave, I still don't think so. Even more so, I always remained skeptical as if they really had any qualms at all against Ron. But this interview certainly seems to support the theory that some love was certainly lost.

I can't see why. Did Ron really instruct them to lie? Was his request so strong that Hamilton couldn't say "no" even if he was more aware than anybody else that it would be suicidal? If Ron didn't instruct them to lie, then why the coldness?

Interview with Lewis Hamilton on Autosport.com:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74522

I never thought the Hamiltons could really be strong enough to force Ron to leave, I still don't think so. Even more so, I always remained skeptical as if they really had any qualms at all against Ron. But this interview certainly seems to support the theory that some love was certainly lost.

I can't see why. Did Ron really instruct them to lie? Was his request so strong that Hamilton couldn't say "no" even if he was more aware than anybody else that it would be suicidal? If Ron didn't instruct them to lie, then why the coldness?

Common Andres! Are you so illetrate to understand that its a press hype? Mclaren are having a serious project, they even approached my college for design solutions for their new car, someone has to head all these. Rons getting old and he needs to rest his arse in a chair, but he still wont, Mclaren needs to make money too.....so they are planning to produce over 1000 cars a year, and are recruiting nearly 800 work force for their new project, they have also roped in Frank Stephenson for desiging their new car. For Godsake, don't fall for everything the press types!

Just shows Lewis Hamilton up even more as an ungrateful sod, and his father a power crazy d#ck using his sons success to get himself somewhere when really he is a nobody! I really hate the Hamilton's! They are a cold heartless family and think they are bigger than the sport itself. Give me the attitude of Jenson and his father anyday!

Common Andres! Are you so illetrate to understand that its a press hype? Mclaren are having a serious project, they even approached my college for design solutions for their new car, someone has to head all these. Rons getting old and he needs to rest his arse in a chair, but he still wont, Mclaren needs to make money too.....so they are planning to produce over 1000 cars a year, and are recruiting nearly 800 work force for their new project, they have also roped in Frank Stephenson for desiging their new car. For Godsake, don't fall for everything the press types!

Ermm...and what does anything of what you wrote has to do with the interview or my comments on it? :lol:

Sorry, I really don't get the connection

Ermm...and what does anything of what you wrote has to do with the interview or my comments on it? :lol:

Sorry, I really don't get the connection

I read the interview,

All I am saying is that his depature has nothing to do with the latest scandal....atleast I choose to belive like that, as someone like him is needed to head a massive project like what Mclaren are getting into.

hehe....I read your post again! Sorry I jumped this time! :whistling:

Just shows Lewis Hamilton up even more as an ungrateful sod, and his father a power crazy d#ck using his sons success to get himself somewhere when really he is a nobody! I really hate the Hamilton's! They are a cold heartless family and think they are bigger than the sport itself. Give me the attitude of Jenson and his father anyday!

Cool down Ross baby! read that interview again!

I read the interview,

All I am saying is that his depature has nothing to do with the latest scandal....atleast I choose to belive like that, as someone like him is needed to head a massive project like what Mclaren are getting into.

Ahhh ok, I get it now. It is still hard to believe that the guy decided many years ago that he would leave exactly at this time and was so commited to the road cars project than even the prospect of an upcoming WSMC hearing in which his honor would be in "disrepute" could convince him of staying two more weeks to attend to the hearings. Sorry, I don't buy it.

Ahhh ok, I get it now. It is still hard to believe that the guy decided many years ago that he would leave exactly at this time and was so commited to the road cars project than even the prospect of an upcoming WSMC hearing in which his honor would be in "disrepute" could convince him of staying two more weeks to attend to the hearings. Sorry, I don't buy it.

He already decided to back out in the begning of this season. My previous land lord who's wife is Ron's ex wife's friend did tell me last year itself (before they got divorced or after that I don't remember) that Ron's an a##hole in person, and he is already decided to quite F1 in the end of 2008 I was surprised he didn't announce in Brazil.....I belive they sacked few guys to reduce the damage, but I don't think Ron's depature has anything to do with this scandal.

I read the interview,

errr... I own a Brooklyn Bridge in NYC. I'll sell it to YOU! CHEAP!!

:rolleyes:

He already decided to back out in the begning of this season. My previous land lord who's wife is Ron's ex wife's friend did tell me last year itself (before they got divorced or after that I don't remember) that Ron's an a##hole in person, and he is already decided to quite F1 in the end of 2008 I was surprised he didn't announce in Brazil.....I belive they sacked few guys to reduce the damage, but I don't think Ron's depature has anything to do with this scandal.

Aha, so he really IS an a**hole! Just as I suspected. My ex wife told me she knows where Jimmy Hoffa is. I believe her,...