Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quiet One

Dark Times Ahead For Mclaren

Aha, so he really IS an a**hole! Just as I suspected. My ex wife told me she knows where Jimmy Hoffa is. I believe her,...

But, does Jimmy Hoffa or who ever he is....know your wife?

I was shown the photos of them staying with Ron's family though...

Ahhh ok, I get it now. It is still hard to believe that the guy decided many years ago that he would leave exactly at this time and was so commited to the road cars project than even the prospect of an upcoming WSMC hearing in which his honor would be in "disrepute" could convince him of staying two more weeks to attend to the hearings. Sorry, I don't buy it.

I don't buy it either. Clearly he is trying to act in the best interests of Mclaren, although that has got him into trouble before, tbf. I doubt his leaving will have that much impact on WMSC's ultimate decision though. James Allen writes sense: http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/index.htm

I'm not sure there is a connection either.

It was well known that Ron intended to go sooner rather than later and the fact that he has nothing to do with the race team shows he played no part in the lie scandal.

I'm not sure there is a connection either.

It was well known that Ron intended to go sooner rather than later and the fact that he has nothing to do with the race team shows he played no part in the lie scandal.

Well, then Ron is really more awful than I thought. So the team is in a critical position with the WSMC hearing, tensions inside, the liargate ruining its public image and the Hamiltons rebelling. And what does he do? "Oh, sorry, but I just remembered I have decided to move to road cars manufacturing. Best of lucks with all the crap, though."

Not the sign of an F1 legend. Like I said, I don't buy it. If there is no connection it only makes him look worse.

He had already handed over the reigns of the race team though.

And so he left when McLaren is at an all time low. As much as I despise Ron, I don't consider him capable of doing something like that for the team he built through all these years.

He had already handed over the reigns of the race team though.

That's pretty irrelevant. If you think about it, then Dennis would obviously know that there would be great speculation about him stepping down at such a controversial time, he would know that people would see it as an admission of some kind of guilt/a piece offering to the FIA and co. If he knew that (which he would) he wouldn't step down unless he wanted people to think that. He felt the need to offer the FIA/WMSC something to reduce their penalty on Macca, in that sense it's a good thing for him to do, a responsible thing. In another sense if he played a part in the events of Aussie, then it only goes a small way to make up for that.

That's pretty irrelevant. If you think about it, then Dennis would obviously know that there would be great speculation about him stepping down at such a controversial time, he would know that people would see it as an admission of some kind of guilt/a piece offering to the FIA and co. If he knew that (which he would) he wouldn't step down unless he wanted people to think that. He felt the need to offer the FIA/WMSC something to reduce their penalty on Macca, in that sense it's a good thing for him to do, a responsible thing. In another sense if he played a part in the events of Aussie, then it only goes a small way to make up for that.

What he said.

I doubt they will either, if anything I expect the FIA to take Dennis' retirement very happily, and still punish Macca as harshly as possible.

He created a monster. In the end he wasn't really in control of it. As to what the monster is or was, that's open to interpretation.

He created a monster. In the end he wasn't really in control of it. As to what the monster is or was, that's open to interpretation.

Frankenstein

I would punish LH financially and MW and Dave Ryan by removing them from motorsport on the period of 5-10 years. The highest punishment would be for MW since he was in charge of the team and I seriously doubt that those two puppets came up with "brilliant" idea to lie.

I would ask MW and LH to refrain from telling porkies in the future, any proof of another lie (or bringing the sport into disripute) in the next 5 years and they (MW and LH) are banned for one year.

Their fine would be - Macca a minimum of

I would ask MW and LH to refrain from telling porkies in the future, any proof of another lie (or bringing the sport into disripute) in the next 5 years and they (MW and LH) are banned for one year.

Their fine would be - Macca a minimum of

I think it misses the key point still. If you don't lie and cheat in F1, you won't win. Meds' solution would be unworkable for McLaren, or any other team that wanted to be competitive.

How about the FIA shrugging off the whole sorry incident as a load of old over hyped bollocks that was never going to wash or be believed due to the radio footage? How about we clip Ryan around the ear for being a cheeky bugger, but a loveable and useful old bugger, nonetheless? How about we say "You know, sport is only games and games include gamesters who will always push the boundaries"? How about we return to a world where this sort of stuff would not be discussed for hours and hours, over twenty zillion web pages, by twenty zillion children?

In short, rightly dock McLaren the points for third but give them points for fourth, give Trulli whatever he's due, re-instate Ryan, stop f*ckin' bitchin' and watch the f*ckin' racing.

I'm gonna have a beer and some of Mrs dribs damn fine marinated chicken thighs. I expect a whole load of abuse when I return.

How about the FIA shrugging off the whole sorry incident as a load of old over hyped bollocks that was never going to wash or be believed due to the radio footage? How about we clip Ryan around the ear for being a cheeky bugger, but a loveable and useful old bugger, nonetheless? How about we say "You know, sport is only games and games include gamesters who will always push the boundaries"? How about we return to a world where this sort of stuff would not be discussed for hours and hours, over twenty zillion web pages, by twenty zillion children?

In short, rightly dock McLaren the points for third but give them points for fourth, give Trulli whatever he's due, re-instate Ryan, stop f*ckin' bitchin' and watch the f*ckin' racing.

I'm gonna have a beer and some of Mrs dribs damn fine marinated chicken thighs. I expect a whole load of abuse when I return.

More insults as expected.....I chuckle.

You're quite right of course, but that only happens in real life. We left that behind when we were told to take the Gollywog of the jamjar :rolleyes:

Oh, and I doubt you'll be getting any tonight Steve, when your wife takes a bath then you liken her thighs to those of a chicken it's worse than telling the truth when they ask, "does my bum look big in this?" :P

Nobody?

Ok I'll get this one.

Why, you ask? Because it's the kind of stupid lying and cheating that ruins the f*cking racing.

Nobody was paying too much attention to all this lately, so I think there is no need to ask for f*cking racing. They kept on racing, after all. Nothing changed much except the pain they inflicted on themselves.

And, as I enjoy the f*ucking bitching, I will add one more thing that bothers me about all this:

People were talking about the stewards, and how stupid they've been for just trusting whatever the drivers said without watching the telemetry or hearing the radio transmissions first. Of course, we all talk with the benefit of hindisght. Now, let's go back to the moment Lewis and Dave are going to meet the stewards: they did not know whether that would be the case, right? I mean, the usual thing was to expect the stewards to have all that evidence and also ask the drivers for clarification. So what would have been the point of establishing a lie they thought that would be unmasked only a few moments later? (if the stewards really had done what they should)

So, IMHO, either they knew that the normal procedure was to just ask the drivers and use no further evidence, or (and this is the interesting bit) they found themselves in a room with some guys that just asked some questions and didn't even bother to look further into it. In that case, then only Dave and Lewis would be guilty, and it would have been more of a spur of the moment thing than a conspiracy.

I think that right now, in this moment, I feel like Kimi Raikkonen. I have no motivation to post anything useful and I want a drink. I think I agree with Andres more than Steve, I think ignoring these kinds of acts just leads to a slippery slope and everybody loses.

You're quite right of course, but that only happens in real life. We left that behind when we were told to take the Gollywog of the jamjar :rolleyes:

Oh, and I doubt you'll be getting any tonight Steve, when your wife takes a bath then you liken her thighs to those of a chicken it's worse than telling the truth when they ask, "does my bum look big in this?" :P

:lol:

Nobody?

Ok I'll get this one.

Why, you ask? Because it's the kind of stupid lying and cheating that ruins the f*cking racing.

Nobody was paying too much attention to all this lately, so I think there is no need to ask for f*cking racing. They kept on racing, after all. Nothing changed much except the pain they inflicted on themselves.

And, as I enjoy the f*ucking bitching, I will add one more thing that bothers me about all this:

People were talking about the stewards, and how stupid they've been for just trusting whatever the drivers said without watching the telemetry or hearing the radio transmissions first. Of course, we all talk with the benefit of hindisght. Now, let's go back to the moment Lewis and Dave are going to meet the stewards: they did not know whether that would be the case, right? I mean, the usual thing was to expect the stewards to have all that evidence and also ask the drivers for clarification. So what would have been the point of establishing a lie they thought that would be unmasked only a few moments later? (if the stewards really had done what they should)

So, IMHO, either they knew that the normal procedure was to just ask the drivers and use no further evidence, or (and this is the interesting bit) they found themselves in a room with some guys that just asked some questions and didn't even bother to look further into it. In that case, then only Dave and Lewis would be guilty, and it would have been more of a spur of the moment thing than a conspiracy.

All true and undeniable.

My problem is that I'm sure this sort of thing has gone on for years but has been viewed byt the people involved in a rational manner. The way in which people here, the fans and the governing body, have lashed out is way over the top, in my opinion. When we reach a period where all quality personnel, like Dave Ryan, have been squeezed out of the sport either through indiscretions or because they are no longer drawn to the sport, we will regret their demise. In the meantime, please, line them all up against a wall and shoot them. See what you are left with.

We are blame culture and perfection obsessed. We want to tinker with everything that doesn't immediately give us total satisfaction. The principles of your argument are sound and that's why it stands up but it will hurt us all in the long term, of that I am quite sure.

:lol:

Honestly, this thread misses the point so spectacularly I assume it's been done to wind us up. It's like me making a dozen posts on how cheating in football is bad and therefore Real Madrid and Real Madrid alone should be banned because one of their players dived 2 months ago. Yes, I'm that against cheating, you see?