Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quiet One

Dark Times Ahead For Mclaren

:lol:

All true and undeniable.

My problem is that I'm sure this sort of thing has gone on for years but has been viewed byt the people involved in a rational manner. The way in which people here, the fans and the governing body, have lashed out is way over the top, in my opinion. When we reach a period where all quality personnel, like Dave Ryan, have been squeezed out of the sport either through indiscretions or because they are no longer drawn to the sport, we will regret their demise. In the meantime, please, line them all up against a wall and shoot them. See what you are left with.

We are blame culture and perfection obsessed. We want to tinker with everything that doesn't immediately give us total satisfaction. The principles of your argument are sound and that's why it stands up but it will hurt us all in the long term, of that I am quite sure.

And this is the focal point were the main two points of view diverge (the "get on with the raciong already!" and the "hey, this is serious!"). You assume that the chain of events was: DR&LH ****ed up -> people and press going into an uproar -> DR sacked -> more uproar, etc.

My vision is: DR&LH ****ed up -> DR was sacked (another ****up) -> LH apologized (and ****ed it up further) -> WSMC calls for a meeting, etc.

Mainly, you think public pressure and press made it worse, while I think that McLaren themselves made it worse and we are just merely commenting and even if people's pressure must have played its part, nobody asked them to lie, nobody asked them to sack Ryan, nobody asked Ron Dennis to resign, etc.

Let me quote one of the wisest persons I've ever knew (it happens to be me, but that's just a coincidence) :whistling:

McLaren, Mercedes, Hamilton, Ron Dennis, Whitmarsh, Ryan...all facing or faced serious decisions that will certainly influence their permanence in F1 or the outcome of this season. And yet we won't discuss it because its " a fuss about nothing"?

For the record, I wrote that when only DR had been sacked. Things went on with Dennis and the hearings and blah blah blah, but I didn't see mobs rioting through London calling for a McLaren witchunt. At least here in Argentina nobody gave a twopenny **** about all this and even the other teams remaining notoriusly silent about the whole thing, even Toyota (except for Trulli, which is only natural)

In short, I don't think that this whole situation disrupted the natural course of F1 beyond of McLaren's own actions.

:lol:

Honestly, this thread misses the point so spectacularly I assume it's been done to wind us up. It's like me making a dozen posts on how cheating in football is bad and therefore Real Madrid and Real Madrid alone should be banned because one of their players dived 2 months ago. Yes, I'm that against cheating, you see?

Nah, your post makes no sense whatsoever.

Nah, your post makes no sense whatsoever.

Try reading it backwards (but then you can't see your monitor).

Try reading it backwards (but then you can't see your monitor).

Oh...now I get it! It says "Praise the Devil"! I knew it!

And this is the focal point were the main two points of view diverge (the "get on with the raciong already!" and the "hey, this is serious!"). You assume that the chain of events was: DR&LH ****ed up -> people and press going into an uproar -> DR sacked -> more uproar, etc.

My vision is: DR&LH ****ed up -> DR was sacked (another ****up) -> LH apologized (and ****ed it up further) -> WSMC calls for a meeting, etc.

Mainly, you think public pressure and press made it worse, while I think that McLaren themselves made it worse and we are just merely commenting and even if people's pressure must have played its part, nobody asked them to lie, nobody asked them to sack Ryan, nobody asked Ron Dennis to resign, etc.

Let me quote one of the wisest persons I've ever knew (it happens to be me, but that's just a coincidence) :whistling:

For the record, I wrote that when only DR had been sacked. Things went on with Dennis and the hearings and blah blah blah, but I didn't see mobs rioting through London calling for a McLaren witchunt. At least here in Argentina nobody gave a twopenny **** about all this and even the other teams remaining notoriusly silent about the whole thing, even Toyota (except for Trulli, which is only natural)

In short, I don't think that this whole situation disrupted the natural course of F1 beyond of McLaren's own actions.

Well McLaren would have been damned if they did react by sacking Ryan and damned if they didn't. In light of how hard the FIA has come down on them in recent times, it's not difficult to understand why they would try and pre-empt a harsh judgement. You may see it as them making things worse for themselves but imagine the arrogance they would have been accused of if they had not acted atall. Although it pains me to see a great guy like Ryan go, McLaren, in my opinion did the only thing they could do to try and appease the vultures. Unfortunately the vultures can still see plenty of meat left on the bones.

Well McLaren would have been damned if they did react by sacking Ryan and damned if they didn't. In light of how hard the FIA has come down on them in recent times, it's not difficult to understand why they would try and pre-empt a harsh judgement. You may see it as them making things worse for themselves but imagine the arrogance they would have been accused of if they had not acted atall. Although it pains me to see a great guy like Ryan go, McLaren, in my opinion did the only thing they could do to try and appease the vultures. Unfortunately the vultures can still see plenty of meat left on the bones.

Ah, yes...we agree on this.

At an extraordinary meeting of the World Motor Sport Council held in Paris on 29 April 2009, Vodafone McLaren Mercedes admitted five charges of breaching article 151c of the International Sporting Code relating to events at the Australian and Malaysian Grands Prix.

The following decision was taken:

Yup. Doesn't sound too bad.

Sounds bad enough for me....well anyways I have no doubt that Mclaren will return and kick a##...

Anways, no matter how well other teams improve, Brawns this year in their bag.

Sounds bad enough for me....well anyways I have no doubt that Mclaren will return and kick a##...

Anways, no matter how well other teams improve, Brawns this year in their bag.

How can a team return that never left? :P

BAR received something similar ( a six month ban suspended for a year IIRC), only had actual bans on top of it too.

Although a bit on the soft side , it is a fair penalty for the team. Baby Lewis of course seems to have been tried as a minor and does not suffer any seperate consequences. I guess Mclaren have enough trouble with their car and Lewis has been embarrassed enough from the whole thing already. Now to put this behind us and get on with the racing.

How can a team return that never left? :P

:lol: I didn't read well....My friend from Taiwan informed me that Mclaren are banned from three races after reading in some Chinese website, I logged in to confirm and I read it as Mclaren suspended| :P ...my mistake....I read the whole thing once more and understood......Sorry :blush:

Although a bit on the soft side , it is a fair penalty for the team. Baby Lewis of course seems to have been tried as a minor and does not suffer any seperate consequences. I guess Mclaren have enough trouble with their car and Lewis has been embarrassed enough from the whole thing already. Not to put this behind us and get on with the racing.

Sure. Happy trails.

:lol: I didn't read well....My friend from Taiwan informed me that Mclaren are banned from three races after reading in some Chinese website, I logged in to confirm and I read it as Mclaren suspended| :P ...my mistake....I read the whole thing once more and understood......Sorry :blush:

You must be relieved now!

You must be relieved now!

Ya...to be honest, I don't want any other teams to be banned, however they should be stripped off their results.(Just like Mclaren were in Aus)..

I may have to start a new thread called...bright times ahead for Mclaren, because I can sense more positive atmosphere in the camp.

Ya...to be honest, I don't want any other teams to be banned, however they should be stripped off their results.(Just like Mclaren were in Aus)..

I may have to start a new thread called...bright times ahead for Mclaren, because I can sense more positive atmosphere in the camp.

If not keeping the paranoid element.

However you like to see it.

They have a suspended ban, so they will be paranoid until it's lifted from over their heads. ;)

They have a suspended ban, so they will be paranoid until it's lifted from over their heads. ;)

It will hunt them in their sleep. Sure thing.