Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quiet One

Piquet Jr. Speaks His Mind

Alonso, not liked even by his teammate

Renault's second driver Piquet Jr. said that being with the Spaniard is like being hit in the head with a cricket bat.

For the Brazilian driver Nelson Piquet Jr., sharing the Renault F1 team with his teammate Fernando Alonso is hard, akin to being hit in the head with a cricket bat for four days straight.

"Maybe it's a little like that. it's quite hard. I'd say it's almost like that" Piquet commented on an interview in April's issue of the British magazine F1 Racing in which he answered to questions from the fans.

One of them reminded him about Eddie Irvine's words, which compared his staying at Ferrari with the multiple times champion Michael Schumacher with being hit in the head for four days straight with a cricket bat. Piquet thinks his situation is fairly similar.

Piquet, now undergoing his second season as an F1 driver, bemoans that Alonso, double WDC, is top priority in the team.

"I have a very strong teammate, and the team is focused on him. I would like a situation in which the team looked after me instead"

The 23 years old Brazilian, son of 3 times WDC Nelson Piquet Sr, complained about the pre season testings short times behind the wheel he got. "Fernando wanted more testing time and the team wanted him to test more, because they think he can make the car improve faster"

Piquet also criticised his team boss, the Italian Flavio Briatore, of which he said that hasn't been very helpful and that not always is fair.

"He can be really tough, you need to be able to ignore the bad things, absorb the good things and judge everything"

A fan asked him whether Alonso would leave Renault if Piquet managed to beat him, like he did at McLaren in 2007 after the intra team fight with Lewis Hamilton.

"People say he (Alonso) is waiting since a long time ago to move to Ferrari. So maybe he will find an excuse to leave the team" he said.

The Brazilian driver, who did not have a good 2008 season and who has scored no points so far this season said that "Alonso had always top priority inside the team regarding strategy and everything else"

Piquet also complained about his bad luck at the Singapore GP when he crashed precisely in the race Alonso won. "The team called Alonso at the perfect moment. All the s##t happens to me and he is lucky. Like this year's pre season tests"

Translated from this article in Spanish

------------------------------------------------------------

Now THAT was funny! :D

How does Alonso getting a lion share of pre season testing make him lucky?

Its because he is better i guess. Nonetheless bloody funny...translating from spanish does give it a better flavor :clap3:

Shut the f**k up Piquet you worthless piece of sh1t!!! It's not Alonso's fault you f**k your car into a tree nearly every f**king race, go f**k yourself you jealous, worthless piece of sh1t & go join Yuji Ide's biggest F1 rejects club you f**king tw@!

Yes, Mika, and the day you're able to say that with finesse you will be respected xD

Piquet is with one foot out of F1 I guess... xD

Shut the f**k up Piquet you worthless piece of sh1t!!! It's not Alonso's fault you f**k your car into a tree nearly every f**king race, go f**k yourself you jealous, worthless piece of sh1t & go join Yuji Ide's biggest F1 rejects club you f**king tw@!

:lol: shhh..Danny boy...shhhh....

Translated from this article in Spanish

------------------------------------------------------------

Now THAT was funny! :D

But I thought Piquet was in Reanult thanks to Alonso. :eusa_think:

:angry: :angry::angry: UNGRATEFUL!!!!!! :angry::angry::angry:

I think Piquet should be quiet, work harder, be patient... And never ever beat Alonso or he could be fired. :lol:

Er, no sorry, didn't quite get that. I mean, speak your mind, get it of your chest and tell us what you really think :D

Er, no sorry, didn't quite get that. I mean, speak your mind, get it of your chest and tell us what you really think :D
What I really think:

Shocking. Piquet has a mind.

Not that much of a mind, as you can see. My diagnosis: severe head trauma. Probably caused by a cricket bat or similar.

Shocking. Piquet has a mind.

:lol:

I guess if you can't drive like your Dad you might aswell be a gobby sh!te like him. I found the interview unremarkable, (a lot like Jr's driving) and not scandalous or shocking atall (quite unlike his driving).

Not that much of a mind, as you can see. My diagnosis: severe head trauma. Probably caused by a cricket bat or similar.

:clap3:

I guess if you can't drive like your Dad you might aswell be a gobby sh!te like him. I found the interview unremarkable, (a lot like Jr's driving) and not scandalous or shocking atall (quite unlike his driving).

Indeed. Piquet can't afford to be so gobby though, you gotta show the talent first then you have the right to say whatever you want. He'll learn, or perhaps not.

Oh, ****! They've found a better driver for that purpouse... Poor Nelsinho!

Actually it makes me think how ****ing difficult is to drive an F1. That guy could have ended seriously injured if that had happened at a higher speed. Bring TC back! :ph34r:

:lol: "Ho-ly s##t!"

:lol: "Ho-ly s##t!"

A different point of view.

I knew it? And he still stayed there at the wall??? :eusa_think:

I read about it, but nothing like seeing it! And Alonso actually manages to make it turn properly on the majority of corners... XD

What a Tit Piquet is!! Its as if he is laying the blame on Alonso for his inability to drive an F1 car without crashing the damn thing every race!

You w#nker Piquet! My support for you has gone down the pan s##thead

Oh, ****! They've found a better driver for that purpouse... Poor Nelsinho!

Actually it makes me think how ****ing difficult is to drive an F1. That guy could have ended seriously injured if that had happened at a higher speed. Bring TC back! :ph34r:

I don't know if it would have made a difference, Mark Blundell even spun a TC 2007 car.

OMG I'm p**sing myself laughing at that!

I was going to go today to that too, but I had work and then went to the beach!

If Piquet really said some of those things, that was very silly on his part, unless he knows he's on the way out anyway or he's fed up with F1. The question about Piquet beating Alonso was particularly funny. However, I can't help but feel sorry for Piquet. There is undoubtedly a grain of truth in what he says about the team being set up around Alonso, and Piquet will suffer both on and off track accordingly. I'm not saying NPJr is any good, but he might not be a laughing stock either, given a chance.