Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yurp

Shanghai

Okay - I'm bored and this is my 'local' GP so let's be avin ya.

Might a couple more teams surprise us with a new diffuser?

Will Button continue his winning streak?

Is it Barichello's turn?

Could the court case losers be out for blood?

Which other teams will this circuit suit?

Okay - I'm bored and this is my 'local' ................

Okay - I'm bored and this is my 'local' GP so let's be avin ya.

Wish it was mine too, we have an office in Nanjing and I'd love to time a visit there with the GP (well, that's bollocks, I'd be going 'cos the ladies are amazing :lol: )

Might a couple more teams surprise us with a new diffuser?

Renault, maybe McLaren will take the blanking plates off their first effort to try it out.

Will Button continue his winning streak?

Hope so

Is it Barichello's turn?

Hope not, but he's proven pretty handy here

Could the court case losers be out for blood?

Doubt it Adam, the Piranha Club will just go back to normal

Which other teams will this circuit suit?

Red Bull will be much closer, and maybe Ferrari - if they can avoid another impression of headless chickens again.

F*k me sideways Argento!

oh come on, I wanted to f*ck you sideways =P

If Toyota do win the race, I'll put on a Manchester United & Ferrari sig picture!

If Toyota do win the race, I'll put on a Manchester United & Ferrari sig picture!

...and I will put a croissant pic as my avatar!

Surely not, in both cases!
...and I will put a croissant pic as my avatar!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Surely not, in both cases!

Yeah, i'm Serious

I said on another forum, that IF Jenson Button wins the Aussie GP, i'll join their Fantasy Wrestling ... and i've joined

maybe we should do these sorts of bets, it could be fun

Yeah, i'm Serious

I said on another forum, that IF Jenson Button wins the Aussie GP, i'll join their Fantasy Wrestling ... and i've joined

maybe we should do these sorts of bets, it could be fun

OK, if Piquet survives this season without getting sacked, I'll eat my own pubes!

OK, if Piquet survives this season without getting sacked, I'll eat my own pubes!

Sig-Quote for evidence ... its on your head now ... quite literally

A bit of news:

KERS for Kubica but not Ferrari in China

This weekend's Chinese Grand Prix is set to see different cars using KERS. Robert Kubica is expected to test BMW Sauber's system in Friday practice, while Ferrari will run without theirs following problems at the last round in Malaysia.

To date BMW Sauber have only raced KERS on the car of Kubica's much lighter team mate Nick Heidfeld, who suffers less from the weight penalty that comes with using the system. However, with the team believing the layout of the Shanghai circuit could bring benefits even to the Pole, they plan to use Friday's practice sessions to find out.

In contrast, Ferrari have opted to drop their KERS system for the China weekend after the reliability issues that hit Kimi Raikkonen at Sepang, instead choosing to focus on other elements of the F60's performance, which has thus far proved disappointing, failing to bring the world champions a single point.

The other teams that used KERS in Australia and Malaysia - McLaren and Renault - are both expected to continue with their systems in Shanghai.

Source:http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2009/4/9180.html

Alonso slams 'ridiculous' tyre choice

By Jonathan Noble and Simon Strang Thursday, April 16th 2009, 08:46 GMT

Double world champion Fernando Alonso is 'very worried' about Bridgestone's decision to bring super-soft compounds as the option tyre for this weekend's Chinese Grand Prix, the Spaniard saying it is entirely unsuited to the abrasive nature of the Shanghai circuit.

The Renault driver claims that the use of the tyre makes the drivers 'look ridiculous' because of the time differential between the option and prime rubber - which was as much as six seconds when the super-soft and hard tyres were used in Australia.

"I think it is the worst decision they made in a long time, because it is a ridiculous tyre for here, for Shanghai," he said.

"I don't know if Bridgestone made the decision or the FIA, but they have to reconsider this type of decision because we look ridiculous on television and we look ridiculous for the spectators, and it is a joke to be in front of TV six seconds slower.

"We will need to change the tyres after five or six laps, is our calculation, because this track is harder than Melbourne and there we only did eight or nine laps.

"And if they want to be funny and mix the results and have overtaking, they can do a better job

"As I said, for a better show, maybe we can pick up our number and then whoever picks up number 15 can put on wet tyres, or whatever, and it is a better show and it's funny. Like this it is not funny."

I thought that's how Ferrari made their pitstop strategies.

That wasn't Alonso whining about something was it? The FIA isn't making him look good enough in front of the spectators? What's Spanish for 'the FIA don't support me enough'?

Alonso slams 'ridiculous' tyre choice

By Jonathan Noble and Simon Strang Thursday, April 16th 2009, 08:46 GMT

Double world champion Fernando Alonso is 'very worried' about Bridgestone's decision to bring super-soft compounds as the option tyre for this weekend's Chinese Grand Prix, the Spaniard saying it is entirely unsuited to the abrasive nature of the Shanghai circuit.

The Renault driver claims that the use of the tyre makes the drivers 'look ridiculous' because of the time differential between the option and prime rubber - which was as much as six seconds when the super-soft and hard tyres were used in Australia.

"I think it is the worst decision they made in a long time, because it is a ridiculous tyre for here, for Shanghai," he said.

"I don't know if Bridgestone made the decision or the FIA, but they have to reconsider this type of decision because we look ridiculous on television and we look ridiculous for the spectators, and it is a joke to be in front of TV six seconds slower.

"We will need to change the tyres after five or six laps, is our calculation, because this track is harder than Melbourne and there we only did eight or nine laps.

"And if they want to be funny and mix the results and have overtaking, they can do a better job

While the whole F1 world is going on about "illegal" diffusers, DOF has to post about tyres!

DOF's post makes sense....so does Nando...

We will have to see who is the clown of the upcoming race.

The race would be ok if they had a decent tyre option and then a bad one,for example a supersoft that lasted for a few laps.But what they have now is one that is too hard and the other is too soft!way to waste a car...