Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yurp

Shanghai

Brawn using their soft tyres? Diffuser teams don't look so hot here.

Yup. That is interesting. Not sure why, really. I'd imagine the diffuser itself will still be giving a fair amount of time, surely more than in Aus at least, so perhaps the other teams have a few new bits on their cars or perhaps they've found better set ups.

So you also get the pictures that DC is talking about? Also in the races Martin will always go on about "we see here Massa punting Bourdais..etc..etc" yet our feed is of the race - not a replay....do you get the replays and see what he's talking about? Always wondered....

...however when you lot got ads in ITV days, we just had race feed and no commentary - which was a welcome 2min relief from James Allen....

Yeah I've not noticed many problems like that here, mate.

That was my thought when I saw the times too.

:lol:

You did well to spot that one!

As Handy says, the fuel loads are very interesting. No doubt this explains most of the lack of pace the diffuser teams showed in Q3. Still, they might be slightly less far in front after accounting for fuel.

Pos. Driver Car weight

1. Vettel 644.0kg

2. Alonso 637.0kg

3. Webber 646.5kg

4. Barichello 661.0kg

5. Button 659.0kg

6. Trulli 664.5kg

7. Rosberg 650.5kg

8. Raikkonen 673.5kg

9. Hamilton 679.0kg

10. Buemi 673.0kg

11. Heidfeld 679.0kg

12. Kovalainen 697.0kg

13. Massa 690.0kg

14. Glock 652.0kg

15. Nakajima 682.7kg

16. Bourdais 690.0kg

17. Piquet 697.9kg

18. Kubica 659.0kg

19. Sutil 648.0kg

20. Fisichella 679.5kg

The weights are in....Hamilton was the heaviest of the top 10 (679kg)...Alonso the lightest (630-something)...Brawns about mid weight, if you can call it that (660'ish), and both RBR's in the mid 640's.

Reno has ditched KERS?

Brawn are relatively heavier than I anticipated listening to Button's comments after qualifying. They must be feeling more confident now, as long as they don't have a botched start.

A little concerned Button is right behind Webber as he normally has a bit of a slow start himself. Be interesting to see if it's Rubens - Button after the first lap whether they'll switch round or have to fight it out like the good ol' uncompetitive days.

I have an inkling one of the Brawn GPs won't make it past the first lap.

Well, as much as I would have loved my husband to be on pole, I would like to see him do a bit of overtaking and actually have to fight for the win this time! Still, Barrichello did well and Button fairly good too considering the heavier fuel load pretty much shows Brawn GP are still the team to beat.

Alonso's lap doesn't look quite so stunning now. Vettel did very well! I hope it stays this competative throughout the season as in reality it's shaping up to be a damn fine year of racing ahead of us!

Trulli's heavier than I thought too - makes me think he's got a chance this race - depends how bunched the top 4 stay during the first stint.

I have a feeling Alonso will be on his much maligned supersofts, which will mean he'll be holding up Webber etc behind him - in turn handing the race to Vettel.

EDIT - Saying that, I just remembered that Vettel said something about a problem with his car in the press conference (hence only 3 runs in quali). So we shall see.

Out the door? You believe all the sensationalist media stories then do you?

And why are the RBR's unreliable (apart from a 5 euro rubber boot)?

You're going to scream match fixing next if Button doesn't win here.... :P

Its good you support your man and your team, but as my dearly departed mother would say, if you can't say something nice, then don't say anything at all. No one here knows what is going to happen with Hamilton at the hearing, if anything, Whitmarsh et al are saying he is staying, and on prime tyres the McLaren is more than competitive here at china. He is most likely heavily fuelled, as those softs were not serving him well in practise and they will be wanting to limit their exposure on them.

As for the race, i think it will be a good one. And it would be great to see another team break their wins duck. The more cars that win, the better in my view.

Haug did hint that Mclarens are pretty heavy compared to the cars in front.

I like that, I got nothing against Button or Brawn GP, but I would like to see some different faces on Podium. Its going to rain which gives us an a chance to see guys like Vettel, Lewis, Button, Barichello and Sutil at their best. Hope tomorrows race will be a good one and free of controversy.

Another thing I would like to say is that, if Lewis leaves Mclaren, it could be because of the scandal related stuffs, but I don't think he he would want to leave Mclaren because of their current state of performance.

Trulli's heavier than I thought too - makes me think he's got a chance this race - depends how bunched the top 4 stay during the first stint.

I have a feeling Alonso will be on his much maligned supersofts, which will mean he'll be holding up Webber etc behind him - in turn handing the race to Vettel.

EDIT - Saying that, I just remembered that Vettel said something about a problem with his car in the press conference (hence only 3 runs in quali). So we shall see.

Do you think it would be so hard to overtake here?

Redbull, regardless of how light they are, don't have Diffuser nor Kers! :D Newey Magic finally kicking in?

Can anyone tell me......is Reno using Kers in this race?

Nope he is not. Beats me why they would not have it here in Shanghai with one of the longest straights. Same goes for Ferrari. Kimi has Hamilton right behind him who is the first of the KERSed cars. Will be an interesting first corner between the two.

Nope he is not. Beats me why they would not have it here in Shanghai with one of the longest straights. Same goes for Ferrari. Kimi has Hamilton right behind him who is the first of the KERSed cars. Will be an interesting first corner between the two.

I think Alonso does not, while Nelsinho does have. Also Nelsinho is not running the updated diffuser that was kindly planted into Alonso's rear end.

They're saying that water got into the system with all the rain in Malaysia and they're worried about its reliability. I couldn't care less, really... and Piquet also said that Renault were "experimenting", so...

I think Alonso does not, while Nelsinho does have. Also Nelsinho is not running the updated diffuser that was kindly planted into Alonso's rear end.

I have something too that I would like to kindly plant into Alonso's rear end! :huh:

Won't Button be jealous? Anyway, they're saying that Renault didn't have time to make 2 diffusers. And none of them are running KERS.

I have something too that I would like to kindly plant into Alonso's rear end! :huh:

As long as it makes him drive faster, Flavio wouldn't give a tit so he is all yours :lol:

They're saying that water got into the system with all the rain in Malaysia and they're worried about its reliability. I couldn't care less, really... and Piquet also said that Renault were "experimenting", so...

Ti's a pity, so much for the KERSed revolution. Think Mclaren is the only team sure of their system. Lets see if it works in their favor tomorrow. BTW I read that Hamilton was running some bits on his car on Friday that was not on Heikki's..... any idea if they where fitted to Heikki's too?

Do you think it would be so hard to overtake here?

Nope - I think it'll be just as easy to overtake as at other tracks, but Alonso's mighty good at defending a position - we saw that in Malaysia.

That's why I think he'll be defending on supersofts for the first few laps which will allow Vettel to get a good lead.

Webber and the Brawns will be wanting to beat Alonso to the first corner if they really want to challenge Vettel.

Just my take.

Nope - I think it'll be just as easy to overtake as at other tracks, but Alonso's mighty good at defending a position - we saw that in Malaysia.

That's why I think he'll be defending on supersofts for the first few laps which will allow Vettel to get a good lead.

Webber and the Brawns will be wanting to beat Alonso to the first corner if they really want to challenge Vettel.

Just my take.

I remember Vettel telling in the post qualifier press conference that overtaking here is not too easy. Alonso has been good at the starts this year and he is also running super light so expect him to slip past Vettel too! That will be mighty interesting

Just my take.

Nando is not using KERS here!

BTW I read that Hamilton was running some bits on his car on Friday that was not on Heikki's..... any idea if they where fitted to Heikki's too?

Heikki had the old front wing in quali, dunno about the "hybrid diffuser".

I remember Vettel telling in the post qualifier press conference that overtaking here is not too easy. Alonso has been good at the starts this year and he is also running super light so expect him to slip past Vettel too! That will be mighty interesting

I'm crossing my fingers for Vettel escaping that threat!

He did say that, but I'm not sure that overtaking here is any easier or harder than elsewhere. What makes the difference is which car is trying to overtake which - if the performance variation is great enough the track doesn't really matter - there are opportunities on every track.

Nando is not using KERS here!

very true - a lot will come down to tomorrows start, subsequent weather and any safety car periods (although I don't expect so many SC's since this track has plenty of run off areas - might happen only if it rains really hard, which it has been doing here over the last few days :( ).

I reckon this will be a Trulli win.

Alonso is incredibly light so hes out of the running.

Same with Vettel and Webber.

The Brawns are not as good and are lighter than Trulli.

Ive had a fiver on Trulli at 16/1 pays back