Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yurp

Shanghai

OK, if Piquet survives this season without getting sacked, I'll eat my own pubes!

Granpasimpson.gif

Okay - I'm bored and this is my 'local' GP so let's be avin ya.

Might a couple more teams surprise us with a new diffuser?

Will Button continue his winning streak?

Is it Barichello's turn?

Could the court case losers be out for blood?

Which other teams will this circuit suit?

Hamilton running new front wing and new diffuser in FP1 - so that answers your first question....and Renault is flying one and a floorpan in...

Lets hope not, re your second question.

Lets hope not, re your third question. Would like to see Nico on the top step myself...

No, re your fourth question. They are not vampires. Though Kimi quite likes the night life, so maybe....??!???!

Re you last question - whichever teams can manage the supersoft best will suit this circuit. It won't be Alonso - his frame of mind is already against them so he will destroy them super fast.

Button and Barrichello now 1 and 2....with 41mins to go.....

OK - reporting times like this is getting boring now.....

Dribs - tell us all a joke would ya? Cheers, mate.

Macca at the pointy end of the time sheets...Hammy #1, Button #2 (+0.11), Barrichello #3, Kovi #4, Webber #5......Ferrari outside the top 10....and very bad graining on their cars especially Massa.

Could this be the first step on the ladder back to the podium for McLaren?

Dribs et al are all asleep.

Lunch break's just started here so I can peruse the times for P1...

1 Lewis Hamilton 1:37.334

2 Jenson Button 1:37.450

3 Rubens Barrichello 1:37.566

4 Heikki Kovalainen 1:37.672

5 Mark Webber 1:37.752

6 Jarno Trulli 1:37.764

7 Nico Rosberg 1:37.860

8 Timo Glock 1:37.894

9 Fernando Alonso 1:38.089

10 Sebastien Bourdais 1:38.195

11 Kimi R

Dribs et al are all asleep.

True - all those pansy pommies not hard enough to get up during the night to watch F1....do ya think we should organise a petition to Bernie for them to change the time of the GP's so they can watch them all during daylight after 10am sipping their cups of tea and a scone with jam and whipped cream?

Not that we should read too much into P1 times...

But if we did, it seems McLaren might have done well to forsee the court case outcome early and got cracking on their version of the diffuser before the other non-diffuser teams.

McLaren always had the curvy bit in the middle of the diffuser similar to Brawn and Toyota - just it was blanked off, and they never had the "double deck". The curved center part is now hollow, and they have added an interim "wing" over the diffuser. If this "wing" is all that is needed, maybe some of the less financed teams will adopt this to at least make up some gains without sacrificing the rear ends of their cars like Ferrari will now do.

Certainly Hamilton had the least amount of tyre problems with that new wing too - so things are on the up for Macca, whilst Ferrari seems to lurch from bad to worse (making me get all sentimental about the Ferrari of the 90's and earlier)...maybe Kimi can turn to driving an icecream truck instead since he likes his icecreams and paddle-pops :P

The Brawns are still looking great on low fuel. The Ferrari's look all at sea, as do the BMW's. Toyota look bolted to the floor, I don't think they have shown their hand yet.

Right, must go to work.......

Are Renault running the diffuser too? I read that they were but they seem way off the pace still!

It's still only practice so these times although useful don't give us a true idea of whats going to happen in the race!!!

No - the renaults have not got them on the car yet....maybe for FP2 or saturday??? Oh....and they have Nelshino.....

Nice one JB. Go and tell Flabio to stick it where the sun don't shine!

True - all those pansy pommies not hard enough to get up during the night to watch F1....do ya think we should organise a petition to Bernie for them to change the time of the GP's so they can watch them all during daylight after 10am sipping their cups of tea and a scone with jam and whipped cream?

Certainly nothing wrong with scone with jam & whipped cream & a cuppa tea! mmm might have that tomorrow morning actually.

Whats the NZL alternative then? And considering your nation has always been Britain's b*tch, you're not really in a position to go making fun of us my friend!

wich teams a running new diffusers? Ferrari is out of the picture and BMW seems complicated too. It will be a Brawn vs. Toyota vs. Williams race again.

Particular plaudits must go to Heikki Kovalainen, though, after the Finn's fourth fastest morning time came without the addition of either the new front wing or the diffuser changes, before then trying out the wing in the afternoon. "I'm very impressed by the performance upgrades for this race," he confirmed. "We still need to do more work to find the best balance, but our car definitely feels more stable here."

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2009/04/17/...st-for-mclaren/

:D

Particular plaudits must go to Heikki Kovalainen, though, after the Finn's fourth fastest morning time came without the addition of either the new front wing or the diffuser changes, before then trying out the wing in the afternoon. "I'm very impressed by the performance upgrades for this race," he confirmed. "We still need to do more work to find the best balance, but our car definitely feels more stable here."

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2009/04/17/...st-for-mclaren/

:D

Let's hope Heikki's good practice & quali form this season finally carries over to the race too. I think he's quite capable of surprising many who have been demanding him to be replaced.

Let's hope Heikki's good practice & quali form this season finally carries over to the race too. I think he's quite capable of surprising many who have been demanding him to be replaced.

He should hurry up and prove it then.

He would surprise me by just completing his first lap. So yes, he's quite capable of doing so. Sort of.

Yeah. Got him all the way up to 13th in FP2. Behind Heikki........... Still, Heikki will do the right thing and fall off before the end of lap 1 so we shouldn't worry too much.