Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yurp

Shanghai

also kovi had to abort when he was blocked by two inlappers in Q2, so we'll see if that leads to them getting any penalties - I think one was a redbull, but could quite see for sure.

EDIT - you saw that too eh handy - was it a redbull?

About the press conference: yes, and I hate it! Remember Branson in Australia? Ugh... Good thing I'm in Spain now, we get the whole press conference (though they translate, but oh well...).

But we do get to hear them talk between sessions :)

also kovi had to abort when he was blocked by two inlappers in Q2, so we'll see if that leads to them getting any penalties - I think one was a redbull, but could quite see for sure.

DC was saying Webber, but couldn't see the car infront of him. Which is probably highly likely considering he couldn't see cars on the track next to him when he was driving either....

It was, I've heard the car identified as both Webber and Vettel, so who knows which one, however there was another car directly in front of the Red Bull.

We got the press conference fine here.

DC was saying Webber, but couldn't see the car infront of him. Which is probably highly likely considering he couldn't see cars on the track next to him when he was driving either....

When did DC say that?

Well, it couldn't really be Vettel right? He came out right at the end of the session, so...

It was, I've heard the car identified as both Webber and Vettel, so who knows which one, however there was another car directly in front of the Red Bull.

We got the press conference fine here.

So you also get the pictures that DC is talking about? Also in the races Martin will always go on about "we see here Massa punting Bourdais..etc..etc" yet our feed is of the race - not a replay....do you get the replays and see what he's talking about? Always wondered....

...however when you lot got ads in ITV days, we just had race feed and no commentary - which was a welcome 2min relief from James Allen....

:2nd:

I just came in my pants.

I came in my bed and slept, then woke up and came again

:lol:

Hopefully the race will be good even with rain

When did DC say that?

Just before he said "it happened to me with HEidfeld when he was backed into me by another driver"

Was between Q2 and Q3

Well, it couldn't really be Vettel right? He came out right at the end of the session, so...

Webber and Vettel were both out near enough the same time at the end and it could very well have been Heikki's last timed run, which would mean it could be either. If we knew the car in front then it would be easier to pin whether it was the first run or second.

So you also get the pictures that DC is talking about? Also in the races Martin will always go on about "we see here Massa punting Bourdais..etc..etc" yet our feed is of the race - not a replay....do you get the replays and see what he's talking about? Always wondered....

...however when you lot got ads in ITV days, we just had race feed and no commentary - which was a welcome 2min relief from James Allen....

Yep, never seen them comment on something and seen something else. Unless the commentators mess up and think they're seeing something else. :lol:

Just before he said "it happened to me with HEidfeld when he was backed into me by another driver"

Was between Q2 and Q3

So DC appears to be going with the view that the first car is at fault. Such a short clip which was focused on Heikki I'm trying to think which car it was. At a guess I'd say a Ferrari. It was a slow car after all. :ph34r:

So DC appears to be going with the view that the first car is at fault. Such a short clip which was focused on Heikki I'm trying to think which car it was. At a guess I'd say a Ferrari. It was a slow car after all. :ph34r:

Haha....ouch....

Seems like Alonso must be quite light (under 0.6 secs between his Q2 and Q3 times), while the rest of the frontrunners appear more or less equal in fuel (around +1 sec to Q3). Kimi, Lewis and Buemi seem to be the heavy bunch, unless they just screwed their laps (didn't see the quali). Nico too to some extent.

Of course, perhaps Alonso just took it easy in Q2 and simply flew in Q3. We'll see in a couple of hours.

He's reported to have said that he gave it all in Q2,so he must be quite light.

Anyway,the start is going to be awesome!

Oh and Rubens was veery calm suggesting that the war has only started and they will be up there cause they're way heavier.Although he did admit being surprised and that he didn't expect a 4th and 5th...

http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp...11897&FS=F1

The incident DC refers to then. Strange. No mention of another car and it seems that it was a flying lap attempt, but that it was aborted (from DCs quotes from post qualifying). Quite different in my opinion.

Well DC is senile and old now isn't he....maybe he now thinks there was a second car...however in todays telcast he said there was a car that backed Heidfield up, but only Heidi was penalised....

Still, though - that was last year....so we'll just wait to see if Kovy protests or not for this race :)

Seems like Alonso must be quite light (under 0.6 secs between his Q2 and Q3 times), while the rest of the frontrunners appear more or less equal in fuel (around +1 sec to Q3). Kimi, Lewis and Buemi seem to be the heavy bunch, unless they just screwed their laps (didn't see the quali). Nico too to some extent.

That was my thought when I saw the times too. Lucky us, we now get the fuel loads so we may still get a surprise.

As soon as Q3 was over I heard some cheers over BGP's losing the pole. This is a pity. It's not BGP who has cheated us. It's FIA.

perhaps they were just cheers for Vettel getting pole? But then that wouldn't fit with your take on the world, would it....

Well DC is senile and old now isn't he....

Now? I thought he'd been that for quite some time. ;)

I watched Quali and I am not surprised at all at the grid. The RBRs are quick on all fuels loads and power to them. But, they are brittle and I can see major reliability problems in this seriously hard race. The BGPs are slow here, mainly due to tyre issues and they probably ran very heavy having seen RBRs Q2 pace. JB has understeer, Rubes, oversteer. I'd rather have Ruben's problem and that probably accounts for the minute edge he had on JB throughout the session. Alonso pulled his time on fumes - there is little doubt about that. Hamilton is over two seconds off the pole and my guess is that he will be out of the door next week. However, he is a disruptive little sod and despite his talent, it's difficult to see where he might fit in. It will be interesting to see the fuel loads in a little while but with the Brawns less than three tenths off the Bulls and reliability a prime issue here, it could get pretty hairy - especially with some rain on the way.

I watched Quali and I am not surprised at all at the grid. The RBRs are quick on all fuels loads and power to them. But, they are brittle and I can see major reliability problems in this seriously hard race. The BGPs are slow here, mainly due to tyre issues and they probably ran very heavy having seen RBRs Q2 pace. JB has understeer, Rubes, oversteer. I'd rather have Ruben's problem and that probably accounts for the minute edge he had on JB throughout the session. Alonso pulled his time on fumes - there is little doubt about that. Hamilton is over two seconds off the pole and my guess is that he will be out of the door next week. However, he is a disruptive little sod and despite his talent, it's difficult to see where he might fit in. It will be interesting to see the fuel loads in a little while but with the Brawns less than three tenths off the Bulls and reliability a prime issue here, it could get pretty hairy - especially with some rain on the way.

Out the door? You believe all the sensationalist media stories then do you?

And why are the RBR's unreliable (apart from a 5 euro rubber boot)?

You're going to scream match fixing next if Button doesn't win here.... :P

Its good you support your man and your team, but as my dearly departed mother would say, if you can't say something nice, then don't say anything at all. No one here knows what is going to happen with Hamilton at the hearing, if anything, Whitmarsh et al are saying he is staying, and on prime tyres the McLaren is more than competitive here at china. He is most likely heavily fuelled, as those softs were not serving him well in practise and they will be wanting to limit their exposure on them.

As for the race, i think it will be a good one. And it would be great to see another team break their wins duck. The more cars that win, the better in my view.

As soon as Q3 was over I heard some cheers over BGP's losing the pole. This is a pity. It's not BGP who has cheated us. It's FIA.

:lol: - priceless

Out the door? You believe all the sensationalist media stories then do you?

He's got a greedy father who is more arrogant than he is. His toy's broken and he wants a new one - so, Daddy will get one for him. It's a no-brainer.

And why are the RBR's unreliable (apart from a 5 euro rubber boot)?

Why did they run so few laps? If a 5 euro rubber boot is their only problem, why were they hiding in the garage?

You're going to scream match fixing next if Button doesn't win here.... :P

If he deserves to win, he will. If he doesn't, he won't - that's life.

Its good you support your man and your team, but as my dearly departed mother would say, if you can't say something nice, then don't say anything at all.

Your Mother was no relation to me and I'll say what I like, mate!

No one here knows what is going to happen with Hamilton at the hearing, if anything, Whitmarsh et al are saying he is staying

What did you expect Whitmarsh to say?

and on prime tyres the McLaren is more than competitive here at china.

McLaren's china is more competitive than the car, anywhere! :lol:

He is most likely heavily fuelled

I'd be surprised if he wasn't - he's ninth on the grid!

as those softs were not serving him well in practise and they will be wanting to limit their exposure on them.

You bet they will!

As for the race, i think it will be a good one. And it would be great to see another team break their wins duck. The more cars that win, the better in my view.

At last, we agree

That was my thought when I saw the times too. Lucky us, we now get the fuel loads so we may still get a surprise.

Now then, Maure, how did you discern as to who or what the cheers were directed? I'm intrigued.

The weights are in....Hamilton was the heaviest of the top 10 (679kg)...Alonso the lightest (630-something)...Brawns about mid weight, if you can call it that (660'ish), and both RBR's in the mid 640's.