Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pumpdoc

China Race Thread

Yet again no points for Ferrari... 3 races how long has it been since that happened?

~ 30 years?

They seemed to be in a somewhat decent position (given the start of the season) still before pit stops (apart from Massa having stopped), Kimi exchanging position with Lewis at more or less similar pace. After the stops everything changed, Kimi dropped to ~ 15 and couldn't recover (overtaking Bourdais and Heidfeld during the last lap doesn't make any difference, especially since Bourdais had overtaken Kimi a few laps before that) while McLaren's were able to stay in the points fight. Wonder what happened, did they just need a few more laps before pitting, the bunch was quite tight still after the SC?

Based on the live timing, Kimi's driving seemed somewhat uninspired after his pitstop and subsequent drop. Any news on his possible engine problems that he complained about in radio?

Well, Alex, maybe if he had spun less he'd have gotten points. Same goes for Hamilton, from a podium contender to behind Sutil, and then Kovalainen. All his good overtaking gone to waste.

I agree with you. He made a few mistakes, Hamilton too, and some others very good drivers too. Kubica, Heidfeld, Kimi... I think they have to improve it's not only the diffuser, their cars are crap. Look RBR, no KERS, no diffuser and Renault engine...

Anyway, I still cannot understand what the point was pitting so soon behind the SC. That was the dumbest decission I've ever seen. Can anyone explain?

Woohoo!!!

Great 1-2 Red Bull .

Superb driving Seb, Mark and Jensen, well done.

Looks like this will be an entertaining season after all.

I guess it's safe to say Vettel gets DOD today, brilliant drive. Same goes to Webber, but since Vettel won...

A very nice drive from Kova too, after all the bashing he has got. After the race, he was wondering the timing of his pit stop, saying he had loads of fuel left in his tank at that point. He might've even made it 4th with a better strategy.

EDIT: not 3rd, 4th of course!

I guess it's safe to say Vettel gets DOD today, brilliant drive. Same goes to Webber, but since Vettel won...

A very nice drive from Kova too, after all the bashing he has got. After the race, he was wondering the timing of his pit stop, saying he had loads of fuel left in his tank at that point. He might've even made it 3rd with a better strategy.

According to some, it would be because of the conspiracy against him and that someones father was twiddling with some dials and switches......

A very nice drive from Kova too, after all the bashing he has got. After the race, he was wondering the timing of his pit stop, saying he had loads of fuel left in his tank at that point. He might've even made it 3rd with a better strategy.

Yes, and he should ask Alonso about tire pressures, worn tires for new tires and so on...

According to some, it would be because of the conspiracy against him and that someones father was twiddling with some dials and switches......

:lol:

The best of all is that it could be real. :unsure:

;)

According to himself, he suspected that because he was just behind another car at that point, the team wanted to take him in at that point in order to not waste time behind a slower car. However, he managed to overtake it just before his pit, and subsequently got stuck behind Sutil for a few laps after his stop.

Really enjoyed that....

Great to see Red Bull up on the podium, Webber and Vettel must be one of the best driver-pairings on the grid. And even better, 3 of the best personalities on the podium.

Vettel is looking like the new rainmeister, smooth as glass he his.

So, Flabio, the two cars that romped away with it didn't have the trick diffuser, what do you say now? :lol:

Ferrari - oh dear. Jense was criticised for letting his chin drop, but Kimi's declaration that the title is over is way to early... wouldn't be surprised to see him get bollocked, or replaced - I'm saying that 'cos Ferrari seem to be slipping back into the complete shambles (and blame culture) of years gone by.

Buemi is making Bourdais look bloody awful.

Piquet. Just wtf are Renault doing with him in the car?

Good damage limitation by BrawnGP - but talks of a BGP whitewash don't look realistic, the RB5 looks awesome, and with plenty more to come. The next lot of updates for the teams could shake it all up again...

Think we're in for a good season. Unless you're a Kimi fan :P [sorry Brad!]

EDIT: Just realised, the Renault looks prettier after it's been in an accident :lol:

He grabbed a Coke and an icecream at the same time....

:lol:

Unlucky Sutil, I was really hoping he'd pick up a few points ah well

Hats off to Red Bull, winning their 1st race, but I wanted the Aussie National Anthem to of been played instead TBH

aaah well, looks like Brawn GP are beatable

I'm hoping it rains all season, those Red Bulls are awesome in the wet.

:nono1:

No more wet races! No more wet races!

Altogether now!

Red Bull have the rain advantage, Brawn GP the dry advantage! I do however feel more concerned about Red Bull than any other team challenging BGP now!!!

Flawless driving from Vettel, thoroughly deserved.

Great to see Webber and Button on the podium, love to get used to it! :D

As much as I like Vettel, I really wanted Webber to win as I feel sorry for the guy. He is not champion material but is certainly good enough to win races and now he has a super German as a team mate! Ah well

Well done Vettel, Webber, Button. As much as a Button win would have been fantastic, this result is actually great since it means we have a fight on our hands!!!

Yes, but don't we need a DOD thread? To keep us occupied and to get better reviews of all the guys (I always end up forgetting about someone).

Top stuff. Well done to RBR, Vettel and Webbo. It was always a case of when and not if.

Okay - now I've got a bit more time...

Spent most of the race flipping between constantly failing streams, but what I got to see was fantastic.

Great racing and those Red Bulls look fantastic in the wet.

Sterling stuff from Vettel and Webber too - his luck seemed to hold out for once.

Bad luck Trulli - Kubica c#cked up good and proper there - wonder if he'll get a 10 place grid penalty for Bahrain. Problem is, to me, it seems slightly unjust if he does (conditions weren't great) and unjust if he doesn't (they docked Vettel for far less).

Any way - not to gripe - was the best race thus far this season. Props to Red Bull, they deserve it.

As much as I like Vettel, I really wanted Webber to win as I feel sorry for the guy. He is not champion material but is certainly good enough to win races and now he has a super German as a team mate! Ah well

Well done Vettel, Webber, Button. As much as a Button win would have been fantastic, this result is actually great since it means we have a fight on our hands!!!

What I don't understand is why the heavier fueled Webber (albeit one lap) pitted a lap before Vettel, despite them both being 1 and 2 so not being held up. After the SC bunched 'em all up you'd think Red Bull would leave it to the last possible lap to fuel their cars so they could get out in front of as many cars as possible. Instead Button jumped him.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D :D :D I knew it, I knew it!!!!

Congrats to RB and Vettel in particular. Ferrari must have both him and Buemi in their sights. With a new floor coming from Newey and the team, BGP will have their hands full with the RB5. This can only be a good thing. Brawn need to be pushed to get the best out of the team and drivers and it will take the sting out of the diffuser nonsense. Clearly, the Brawn nemesis is the tyres. Of course, the diffuser helps through providing more downforce and increased grip but it is an area they must address - rapidly. A step on the engine would help too as the RS27 unit was definitely RB's ace card this weekend.

Congrats Kati. :mellow:

I need to enjoy ^^ I don't support a winning driver everyday :) haha Now i want the wdc! :)