Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HandyNZL

How Many Races Does Piquet Have Left?

Will he stay or will he go?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. how many more races will he get

• 1-3
    • 3-5
    • 5-7
    • 7-9
    • rest of season
    • he'll be left behind in china when the plane leaves

I don't think he's that bad but now I'd like to see some other young driver fighting with the R29's wheel. That would tell us whether he is so bad or just the car is so hard to drive rightly.

Yes - a comparison would be good.

He's obviously no way near Alonso, but what about Grosjean? If I were Flav, or the Renault directors for that matter, I'd at least be setting up some sort of comparitive test on a Friday test session at least???

But perhaps therein lies the problem for replacing him - with no in-season testing, you can't actually have a drive-off for the seat.

Berthard Gachot to replace Piquet :lol:

He'll have a few more bad races, which will mean he'll be either kept on until the end of the season or replaced

TBH, I would take Pedro de la Rosa for the remaining of the season, unless they can find a new young talent.

I vote 1 -3.

Clearly the R29 is a handful and granted it is his second season. Also throw into the mix that Fernando is a daunting team-mate but he has to deliver more, Renault cannot go on being a serious contender with all their eggs in the Fernando Alonso basket, they need someone in the other car that can compete somewhere closer to Fernando.

Does anyone know if Nelsinho had use of the newly designed floor / rear diffuser on his Renault this weekend??

I said rest of season. He's not (quite) as bad as he looks imho. The races so far have been difficult even for Alonso and Piquet doesn't get half as much support from the team. Whether he's retained for next year wasn't an option :lol: but he'll have to improve surely.

I think it's clear that he won't get the boot in the middle of the season, but Renault should seriously consider Sato... at least he puts out a fight -_-

I was surprised that they kept him on this season at all to be honest - now they have I guess it's just a matter of when thy'll be able to of load him.

We might see him there until the rest of the season yet - yikes.

I think it's clear that he won't get the boot in the middle of the season, but Renault should seriously consider Sato... at least he puts out a fight -_-

Yeah, Sato isnt championship material, but he does give a good fight and will do anything, like what he did against Alonso in Canada 2007

I said rest of season. He's not (quite) as bad as he looks imho. The races so far have been difficult even for Alonso and Piquet doesn't get half as much support from the team. Whether he's retained for next year wasn't an option :lol: but he'll have to improve surely.

Echo.

I'd say 2-3 races before he's out & Luca Di Grassi is in! Either that or Romain Grosjean so Renault have a good selection!

They need to keep Piquet. With Nando lost ion the middle of nowhere, piquet is the only chance for the team to get some time on TV when they show his many crashes and spins, not to mention that every time the TV focus on another driver, that driver is lapping or about to lap Piquet. Such media attention keeps sponsors happy.

They need to keep Piquet. With Nando lost ion the middle of nowhere, piquet is the only chance for the team to get some time on TV when they show his many crashes and spins, not to mention that every time the TV focus on another driver, that driver is lapping or about to lap Piquet. Such media attention keeps sponsors happy.
:lol:

I guess they will keep him as long as it takes for Flavio to string a sentence together to fire him, could be some time yet :eusa_think:

Actually, performances in wet races don't count for too much, Hamilton was almost as bad as Piquet today except he didn't hit the barriers. In Aussie, didn't NP have some mechanical problem which sent him off? I forget.

Anyway I think it will be quite soon that he goes - if he doesn't get it together next race then I expect we see someone new for Europe. Waste of a race seat.

In Aussie, didn't NP have some mechanical problem which sent him off? I forget.

Yes. He pressed the brake pedal too hard.

Yes. He pressed the brake pedal too hard.

It's the only way he knows how. Shouldn't be a problem in Bahrain though, I'm sure Flav is ready to remove the brakes from NP's car.

It's the only way he knows how. Shouldn't be a problem in Bahrain though, I'm sure Flav is ready to remove the brakes from NP's car.

:lol:

How many races:

I wish: 1-3

I think: rest of season

We need a clown in F1,but this one isn't funny anymore.It's pathetic.

Yes I'm mean. I bet they leave him to row back to Brazil.

....with Flavio shouting "Ramming Speed!".