Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HandyNZL

How Many Races Does Piquet Have Left?

Will he stay or will he go?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. how many more races will he get

• 1-3
    • 3-5
    • 5-7
    • 7-9
    • rest of season
    • he'll be left behind in china when the plane leaves

How many races:

I wish: 1-3

I think: rest of season

We need a clown in F1,but this one isn't funny anymore.It's pathetic.

tbh, the way Nakajima is driving atm, he could be the new clown!

tbh, the way Nakajima is driving atm, he could be the new clown!

Hmm...Naka has let my expectations down. Is he strugling with tyres? :huh:

He exceeded my expectations last year, by a country mile. This year he hasn't, so far. I expect him to shape up much more than Piquet though - albeit partly because Sir Frank is much fairer than Flavio.

Lets make a change... Webber to renault... would love to! :P

Lets make a change... Webber to renault... would love to! :P

All he has to do is talk with Flav. Although I never fully understood why Flav never wanted him at Renault.

All he has to do is talk with Flav. Although I never fully understood why Flav never wanted him at Renault.

He knew he was better than Alonso...of course :P

Piquet gets the rest of the year...it's not like the guys they have waiting in the wings are any better. Di Grassi and Parente have no future in the sport. Honestly, no one in GP2 this year or last year does. But I also said Sebastian Vettel wouldn't stick and Liuzzi would. So...

Piquet gets the rest of the year...it's not like the guys they have waiting in the wings are any better. Di Grassi and Parente have no future in the sport. Honestly, no one in GP2 this year or last year does. But I also said Sebastian Vettel wouldn't stick and Liuzzi would. So...

I hope Reno have a future too. Who knows, if Reno dithes Flavio, may be Alonso, Flavio and Pat leave to ferrari and repeat Shumi+Brawn+Todd?

It all depends on how Alonso's therapy is going, I think. If he is shown pictures of Lewis and doesn't go Bruce Banner, he is probably ready for a team mate who can go around corners.

It all depends on how Alonso's therapy is going, I think. If he is shown pictures of Lewis and doesn't go Bruce Banner, he is probably ready for a team mate who can go around corners.

:lol:

Nelsinho's time is limited by the number of front wings available from stock. At some point demand will exceed supply.

:lol:

Yeah I thought they must've been close to running out in China.

:lol: Yup.

A lot of people have voted he'll finish 3 more races. They must think he'll be around for years yet.

:clap3:

Nelsinho's time is limited by the number of front wings available from stock. At some point demand will exceed supply.

:clap3:

Did read an interview with FB on how happy he is with the progress of that Reno (fitting that illegal diffuser I guess :P ) and the disapointment with Nelson's performance in Shanghai. We have all heard it before how disapointed they are with Piquet blah blah...but I don't really see him get fired so soon. ;)

Yeah - he is most likely to survive the season...but then this is pretty much the same team that dumped JV on his backside on a whim.....

I think the big problem is that they can do in-season testing to compare him with anyone, so it's a case of rocks and hard places...a real gamble to bring anyone else in to replace him - you just won't know what you'd get....the better the devil you know.....

Yeah - he is most likely to survive the season...but then this is pretty much the same team that dumped JV on his backside on a whim.....

I think the big problem is that they can do in-season testing to compare him with anyone, so it's a case of rocks and hard places...a real gamble to bring anyone else in to replace him - you just won't know what you'd get....the better the devil you know.....

I don't like to start a conspiracy, but back while he was testing, we all noticed how quick he was compared to Fifi and Kova. Some (including himself) even said he will own Lewis if he is given the right car and blah blah.....but if we see their performance (before entering F1) we have a reason to belive them. May be is talented after all, and he is not motivated, he is like a good artist who can perform so well at rehearals and suck at stage in front of the audience and his the stage managers know the reason why he sucks and prefers it that way.

I don't want to defend his crash records, but I would like to point out the massive weight difference between Piquet and Alonso after qualifying in Shanghai....I don't thing its fair to say he could have qualified further up the grid. You know, things like that.

The cars that can't get into Q1 can be fueled as much as they like, can't they??

The cars that can't get into Q1 can be fueled as much as they like, can't they??

Yes (I knew you meant Q3).

The first two sessions Q1 and Q2 are fume runs....the weights posted after qual are their strategic weights...they top 'em up! Apart from P1 to P10 of course, which run Q3 in "race trim".

One would think a heavy load is best option for a lower qually performance as this gives you flexibility and the opportunity of the race coming back to you...however, a lighter car on a track where passing was possible, would be a better option in my opinion, at least then you have the opportunity to get amongst the middle to front runners before first stop, and have two plans worked out for how much you take on for second stint...heavy if you haven't made it high enough up the field, or light so that you time your second stop as close as possible with those that quallied P1-P4, so that you have the same fuel load as them in the final stint....and if you have your eye in from passing all race up to that point, then there is every chance you can continue with passing and get some points - which is the aim of the game.

Last guy to do that was Rubens at Hockenheim - 18th to 1st....