Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HandyNZL

Old Guard Going Bad

Ferrari are having their worst start in decades - no points, and to be honest, never having looked at getting any thus far. What is needed at Ferrari to change their fortunes?

It can't just be the diffuser? Are they lacking in motivation? Is the team about to self combust into the keystone cops? Are they getting too Italian again?

And whats happening over there at the BMW garage? Kubica was going off his tree about the team switching so early to the 2009 car - and for what? The car is a pig - neither driver can drive it too well, and I think Heidfelds results are being inflated by use of the KERS system.

On a positive note though....has McLaren at least sighted the corner they need to turn to improve their fortunes? Had Hamilton been able to keep it on track today, he may, just may, have had a crack at 4th, or maybe higher....

I'm actually enjoying seeing them struggle. Ferrari and BMW are in shambles, McLaren are on the improve but still way behind the leaders. I find it hilarious to these "such top drivers" having to fight for the lower points. Just goes to show that F1 is all about how quick the car is and not about how good the drivers are.

I would say it's more to do with the driver now than it has been before, but Macca/Ferrari/BMW have all made pigs, just Mclarens seems a little more promising!!

I would say it's more to do with the driver now than it has been before, but Macca/Ferrari/BMW have all made pigs, just Mclarens seems a little more promising!!

The car is as important as it's been for the last many years. Or suddenly Barrichello and Webber are better than anyone else.

I'm actually enjoying seeing them struggle. Ferrari and BMW are in shambles, McLaren are on the improve but still way behind the leaders. I find it hilarious to these "such top drivers" having to fight for the lower points. Just goes to show that F1 is all about how quick the car is and not about how good the drivers are.

Agree.

Most importantly F1 is about cars and money.

It just goes to show, even if you're a big name like Ferrari or McLaren, you don't always win

Pity for Massa, up 10 places from the start then the Ferrari just dies, & what's with these c0ck ups Ferrari make with Kimi, 1st going on wets @ Malaysia when the track was dry, now filling his car up & slowing him down! Ferrari need to get their act together!

The car is as important as it's been for the last many years. Or suddenly Barrichello and Webber are better than anyone else.

Careful now. The crowd is feverish.

defn is very interesting to see the 'smaller ' teams beating the cr$p out of the bigger ones. Me thinks it is a clear case of the smaller teams being more innovative and being able to develop some great cars. Ferrari, BMW and Mclare are clearly lacking in down force at the moment. Once they get their aero updates for the European leg it will be very interesting to see who of the big 3 come out on top. I feel it will be Mclaren as of the top 3, they started out lot worse but have been able to amass the most number of points...

You forgot to add team next to the car (think Ferrari pit stop at Singapore 2008, wet tires for Kimi in Malaysia).

It's called auto racing not men racing, BTW.

And it's just same as it ever was.

The Ferrari is just a bad car, and that is being compounded by poor strategy calls lately (which isn't at all a new thing for this season with Ferrari).

As for Kubica, gotta feel for the guy, denied the title last year by his own team with the promise of future success. Bet he is p**sed off.

They need a driver who is prepared to lead them in a solid direction. Massa is still not that driver and Kimi has his mind in a place where only skiddoos and vodka exist. They didn't feel Michael's loss to start with, but now they are. This may all be happening due to the specific way in which Michael got them all to think around him. It may have worked then but it isn't working now. So, it's Michael's fault.

Eh?

They need a driver who is prepared to lead them in a solid direction. Massa is still not that driver and Kimi has his mind in a place where only skiddoos and vodka exist. They didn't feel Michael's loss to start with, but now they are. This may all be happening due to the specific way in which Michael got them all to think around him. It may have worked then but it isn't working now. So, it's Michael's fault.

Eh?

Yes - I find my mind often wandering off to the exact same land, since this is where one would find Jenni and her beautiful curves....

... now filling his car up & slowing him down! Ferrari need to get their act together!

I don't think filling Kimi up for a one stop strategy was actually a bad move as such, they just should've been able to stay on track for a few more laps before pitting. Now the SC had just left a few laps before and the bunch was too tight to have such a long pit stop.