Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rainmaster

Driver Of The Day Shanghai 2009

Well, please state (in 140 characters or less) your preferred choice for DoD.

You may choose any driver, as long as it is Vettel, because that's who I choose and I'm right.

Begin.

And no, this isn't a poll. I couldn't be bothered to make a poll.

Well, please state (in 140 characters or less) your preferred choice for DoD.

You may choose any driver, as long as it is Vettel, because that's who I choose and I'm right.

Begin.

And no, this isn't a poll. I couldn't be bothered to make a poll.

Lazy Arse! :lol:

Its Vettel for me. Mark very close.

Vettel, Driver of the day

Webber, Driver of the Team.

It was Webbo, since the beginning, through all these years. Vettel was great, the kid is flawless. But Webbo, albeit more human and les of a demigod, is the one who stood all these years helping making this moment for the team. He worked hard and had to endure many bitter times. Like I said before, Vettel is the real golden boy, but I am happy for Webbo and his biggest victory.

Button had a great race. The rest just survived the chaos more or less. No one was abysmal, no one was too relevant.

Here are my thoughts, what's that you don't want them, well your having them anyway.

1) Vettel drove the best today, it was not just a good wet drive, it was a masterful performance; flawless; it was virtuoso stuff. The guy is surely one of the best rain drivers we have right now, I admit his car is very good in the wet, but he didn't make a single mistake and his pace was unreal. Having the measure of Mark Webber (in any conditions) is not an achievement to be easily forgotten.

2) Well done Red Bull, I am really glad to see them up there. They obviously have one of the best driver combo's on the grid, and one of the best cars in the wet (which I think means good mechanical grip as well as downforce). I wish them luck for the title.

3) Webber, very strong performance. If not for the rainmaster Vettel, that would be his first win, must be a bit hard for him to swallow that - as soon as he gets a good car he gets a talented young charger as a team mate. The guy is unlucky.

4) Hamilton. Fairly disgraceful the amount of spins, clearly a Massa Silverstone 08 mindset. I'm not sure if it's all down to his tyres going off like he says, I mean how many off track moments at the same corner? Still, I think he showed some good skills in the wet at some parts of the race, even if he quickly erased them with mistakes.

5) Kova, maybe the guy is not so bad after all. With the pace he's been showing so far this season, it was only a matter of time before he did a strong performance. A solid and timely drive by the Finn.

6) Kimi. I was just happy he finished without spinning or going off, how sad is that? It just shows how far my expectations have fallen for him. No doubt that Ferrari is a dog in the rain though, it looks bad in the dry, but in the wet - no thanks.

7) Massa - decent drive (for him) until luck and Ferrari's reliability got the better of him. They sure build those Ferrari's strong.

8) Well no matter how many times Hammy spun/went off, Piquet was always able to respond quickly. He managed to test the barriers on more than one occasion and eventually he managed to smash his car. Solid effort. Worst driver of day = Piquet.

9) Who else? Glock did good I guess. Alonso was mediocre, but so were Renault. Buemi was good again, in the points, I can forgive him for almost taking Seb out.

Onto Bahrain.

Andrian Sutil, He got himself into a points winning position, but he lost it all, as usual, but I know, If he didn't drop it, He would of been on MORE points than both Ferrari's

But in all seriousness, Vettle, He drove brilliantly

Vettel! Wasn't my choice for sure until he overtook Button, after that I bow to him.

Kova did well to look so good in such a chaotic race :)

Sutil had such bad luck...

Buemi was very good! Nice performance.

Basically I agree with George about everything but I wanted to highlight the most important bits. Ah, and RBR rules!! :D:D

I'm going to go for Mark Webber to be controversial! Considering he broke his leg quite badly not 6 months ago, and he wa still pretty damn quick today and kind of close to Vettel I'm going to go with him!

Vettel by a mile. The rest:

Webber - Good, not great. Comitted a mistake, which is normal in conditions like these.

Button - Just like Webber.

Barrichello - Terrible pace, which is surprising because, even though Barrichello is rubbish overall, he IS very good in the rain. After the race he said he had brake problems. I don't find it too hard to believe.

Kovalainen - Finally debuted this year. Decent drive, but I'm not impressed.

Hamilton - Leaning between brilliance and stupidity like usual, was lucky to finish on points. His talent is undeniable, but I won't consider him a great until he puts his head into place.

Glock - Started on the last row and did a solid race with no mistakes (that I remember). My honorable mention for today.

Buemi - The first races showed that he has potencial, today he confirmed it.

Alonso - Disappointing for the driver he is.

Massa - Was a serious contender for DOD if it wasn't for Ferrari letting him down again. Another slap on the faces of those who say he sucks on the wet (he's no Rainmaster, but he's not nearly as bad as some people claim either).

Raikkonen - It was fun watching the "master of the race pace" being overtaken like 12 times.

Nelsinho - Disgraceful again. Just get the **** out.

Bourdais - Thank God, another crappy perfomance. Nothing against the guy, I just wanna see Bruno on F1 as soon as possible :lol:

Vettel was brilliant no doubt :clap3: but as a fellow Aussie I am absolutely stoked for the all round top bloke that is Mark Webber. Outstanding drive even though he made a mistake he corrected it and that passing move on Button to re-claim second spot in turns 7 & 8 was a brilliant move in the dry let alone the attrocious conditions that these guys had to contend with. Finally Webbie might have the chance to show what he is really capable of if the RB5 continues to be developed in the right direction. It is nothing less than he deserves.

I think after all the years he's been with Red Bull/Jaguar and the hard times that have occurred, the genuine happiness he showed for Vettel and Red Bull just shows what a classy man he is.

Makes me even more proud to be an Aussie. :D

Vettel DOD

Webbo, Jense and Rubinho very strong and faultless.

Sutil and Buemi drove better than their cars showing they can add value when the driver increase the overall importance -as in wet conditions. Piquet jr. showed he always substract value; Kubica was close to the him hitting almost everything near his car. Maybe a little pill of humility will be good for Super Mario...

The Telegraph wondered "what's not to like?" when pondering news that Vettel, a lover of British comedies like Little Britain and Monty Python, gives his cars female names.

"My original car was called Kate. But then it got smashed at the opening race in Australia. So we called this one Kate's Dirty Sister because it is more aggressive and faster," Vettel said.

awwww now that's a cute coincidence ^^ (no i dont have a sister and ive already heard this joke today)

Danica!

Oh, that's not Danica, that's Sutil. My bad.

I'll go with Vettel. I think I've made it clear that I'm not his numero uno fano, but gotta give credit where credit's due...he won the pole, and the race, and that's kinda sorta the goal in auto racing, so he kinda sorta should be the DOD.

The first loser DOD is Webber because he was the first loser in the race, which is kinda sorta what you're supposed to do if you aren't the kinda sorta winner.

Felipe Massa gets a sympathy DOD because Ankit isn't here to tell us how good he really is, 0 points and all. ;)

Jenson Button and Timo Glock get a youth soccer A for effort DOD for being the only reasons I salvaged anything from the PPP this week.

Vettel, Driver of the day

Webber, Driver of the Team.

It was Webbo, since the beginning, through all these years. Vettel was great, the kid is flawless. But Webbo, albeit more human and les of a demigod, is the one who stood all these years helping making this moment for the team. He worked hard and had to endure many bitter times. Like I said before, Vettel is the real golden boy, but I am happy for Webbo and his biggest victory.

Button had a great race. The rest just survived the chaos more or less. No one was abysmal, no one was too relevant.

This

Vettel was brilliant no doubt :clap3: but as a fellow Aussie I am absolutely stoked for the all round top bloke that is Mark Webber. Outstanding drive even though he made a mistake he corrected it and that passing move on Button to re-claim second spot in turns 7 & 8 was a brilliant move in the dry let alone the attrocious conditions that these guys had to contend with. Finally Webbie might have the chance to show what he is really capable of if the RB5 continues to be developed in the right direction. It is nothing less than he deserves.

I think after all the years he's been with Red Bull/Jaguar and the hard times that have occurred, the genuine happiness he showed for Vettel and Red Bull just shows what a classy man he is.

Makes me even more proud to be an Aussie. :D

And this. :D

Vettel, naturally. The SC at the beginning was meant to deliberately destroy his race (Alonso was collateral) and still he was able to fly away. Button did not have it in him to respond although he has the best car in the field by far. In the end, Vettel finished some 40s ahead of the BGP.

Vettel could've won even if Button had not had his last stop. We all saw the young kid pull away, stealing seconds lap after lap. What we saw was the birth of a rainmaster.

Congrats to Webber. Very good race. Hope to see more.

These two guys are the only thing that's worth anything in this joke of a season.

Vettel by a mile. The rest:

Webber - Good, not great. Comitted a mistake, which is normal in conditions like these.

Button - Just like Webber.

Barrichello - Terrible pace, which is surprising because, even though Barrichello is rubbish overall, he IS very good in the rain. After the race he said he had brake problems. I don't find it too hard to believe.

Kovalainen - Finally debuted this year. Decent drive, but I'm not impressed.

Hamilton - Leaning between brilliance and stupidity like usual, was lucky to finish on points. His talent is undeniable, but I won't consider him a great until he puts his head into place.

Glock - Started on the last row and did a solid race with no mistakes (that I remember). My honorable mention for today.

Buemi - The first races showed that he has potencial, today he confirmed it.

Alonso - Disappointing for the driver he is.

Massa - Was a serious contender for DOD if it wasn't for Ferrari letting him down again. Another slap on the faces of those who say he sucks on the wet (he's no Rainmaster, but he's not nearly as bad as some people claim either).

Raikkonen - It was fun watching the "master of the race pace" being overtaken like 12 times.

Nelsinho - Disgraceful again. Just get the **** out.

Bourdais - Thank God, another crappy perfomance. Nothing against the guy, I just wanna see Bruno on F1 as soon as possible :lol:

Brilliant!

I have no opinion. I was strangely underwhelmed by that race.

Just thought you all should know that.

Vettel did a solid, professional job of piloting a high grip car, with a much-improved engine to victory in appalling conditions. Red Bull broke their duck but not before time. Considering the millions that have been pumped in, it was long overdue. Jenson performed a minor miracle in keeping an extremely low grip car on the island to make the podium and still lead the WDC in only BGP's third race. Webber and Barrichello did an average job in excellent equipment - as usual. Hamilton continued to confirm that his ego is still in a fierce battle with his brain, Massa was seriously unlucky, Kimi should pack his bags, [personally, I'd sack him] and Sutil and Buemi should both get medals for effort. The rest were overwhelmed to varying degrees by the atrocious environment. I don't believe I'm wrong in saying, the race in Malaysia was abandoned in virtually identical conditions. Clearly, Charlie Whiting had Bernie breathing down his neck. Ah well, that's commerce for you!

Webber said the conditions were just on the edge. And even I can tell Malaysia was worse (bolts of lightning, hello?) but so much rain spraying around made it seem just as bad in China. But if safety defender Webber said it was fine to race I believe him.