Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rainmaster

Driver Of The Day Shanghai 2009

I have no opinion. I was strangely underwhelmed by that race.

Just thought you all should know that.

Cheers - that has made my day. Keep up the good work !

Webber said the conditions were just on the edge. And even I can tell Malaysia was worse (bolts of lightning, hello?) but so much rain spraying around made it seem just as bad in China. But if safety defender Webber said it was fine to race I believe him.

Agree.

My DOD vote is definately not going to Button as he didn't try and overtake to get his gold medal and ensure he got another win, because that is what all true champions should do....so says my mate Bernie! So there!

My DOD vote is definately not going to Button as he didn't try and overtake to get his gold medal and ensure he got another win, because that is what all true champions should do....so says my mate Bernie! So there!

Didn't try and overtake or was persuaded by circumstances not to? BGP carry few parts to a race and don't have a spare car yet. More importantly, he didn't have the pace and kamikaze driving wasn't the order of the day either. I didn't see your fellow colonial chasing his mate too hard either! And, 'definitely' has got two 'i's' in it, you dumb kiwi :P

Didn't try and overtake or was persuaded by circumstances not to? BGP carry few parts to a race and don't have a spare car yet. More importantly, he didn't have the pace and kamikaze driving wasn't the order of the day either. I didn't see your fellow colonial chasing his mate too hard either! And, 'definitely' has got two 'i's' in it, you dumb kiwi :P

Hey look - my mate Bernie said this is the way to go - win at all costs! We must make our stand with him...not against!!!!! :wacko:

Hey look - my mate Bernie said this is the way to go - win at all costs! We must make our stand with him...not against!!!!! :wacko:

Bollocks to Bernie!

Bollocks to Bernie!

I'm telling on you! Expect an invitation to the WMSC to be arriving in your inbox soon, for bringing F1 into disrepute!!! Bernie will not be impressed!!

Should be Vettel but i give my vote to Webber...but of course a deserved win for vettel..no doubt about that....just wish reno wouldnt call alonso to pit so early :( ....but overall great race...

The day has to go to Vettel.

I firmly believe Webber will have his day. The motivation to come back from his broken leg and shoulder injury despite the impact it would had had on his fitness will surely be enough to carry him to a win once he is back to 100% which won't be far enough. Yesterday wasn't his though, but it will make it sweeter.

These 'new' guys (new to the front; not F1) seem to be highly entertaining. Maybe I'm biased, but the press conference was brilliant and it's nice to see drivers up there who can congratulate each other and clearly every result means something to them.

Even the new guy to F1 is showing well.

I'm enjoying the old hats having to fight their way to the points, F1 hasn't lost any credibility, but an interest in seeing how they deal with the situation. Role reversal and these greats don't appear to be smelling of roses. It's a good reminder that actually the way we 'league' drivers has more to do with their cars and opportunities than the talent themselves.

Kubica anyday! he showed how getting out of a trulli train is done! :lol:

but yeahh.. vettel obviously gets dod

HAHAHAHAHA

Kubica anyday! he showed how getting out of a trulli train is done! :lol:

but yeahh.. vettel obviously gets dod

:lol:

Indeed, he almost got DOD for me too, but that would have been for the driver that best modified his nose to look like his nose.

DOD Vettel, the top 3 are all genuine good blokes, post race banter was a real change for the better . How refreshing :D

Indeed, he almost got DOD for me too, but that would have been for the driver that best modified his nose to look like his nose.

DOD Vettel, the top 3 are all genuine good blokes, post race banter was a real change for the better . How refreshing :D

I thought that too!! :lol:

And yes, I was actually angry I had to listen to Spanish guys translating, so I devoured the detailed transcription. All fun :)

Copy that.

Kubica, for not killing Theissen outright and NOT declaring a vendetta against the whole BMW designer team... <_<

Vettel takes my vote for DOD class act all round today.

I was hoping that it might have been some sort of full blown poetic justice that Vettel was taken out of the race by Buemi. Handing Mark the win that Vettel cost him at Fuji, but it wasn't to be, and hats off to Vettel, he was better than Mark on the day and deserved the win.

I feel that a win is just around the corner for Mark, he is well past the apex anyway!!!

Vettel takes my vote for DOD class act all round today.

I was hoping that it might have been some sort of full blown poetic justice that Vettel was taken out of the race by Buemi. Handing Mark the win that Vettel cost him at Fuji, but it wasn't to be, and hats off to Vettel, he was better than Mark on the day and deserved the win.

I feel that a win is just around the corner for Mark, he is well past the apex anyway!!!

I thought of the same moment obviously, but it would be quite the poetic INjustice because in the end they proved it wasn't Vettel's fault. But I thought something along the lines of: "I doubt Vettel will be lashing out against newbies though..." :lol: (Well, Webber's comment is funny but only after some time has passed...)

I thought of the same moment obviously, but it would be quite the poetic INjustice because in the end they proved it wasn't Vettel's fault. But I thought something along the lines of: "I doubt Vettel will be lashing out against newbies though..." :lol: (Well, Webber's comment is funny but only after some time has passed...)

I still feel that the incident in Fuji was Vettels fault, but thats my opinion. Needless to say that was in the past, and everyone has got over that, especially both Mark and Seb. What a great pairing they are proving to be. Onwards and upwards :D

Tbh I prefer DOD this way,without the poll.

This way people reason what they vote,and not just vote their favourite driver and then stay quiet.

See? My lazy-ness has so many advantages. Been trying to tell people that for years.

Me too, but it was not worth the effort :yawn: