Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yurp

Mclaren Possible 2 Race Ban?

• Leak indicates McLaren will make 'unreserved apology'

• Hamilton's team face prospect of two-race ban

A profuse written apology by McLaren will not diminish the heavy punishment likely to be handed down next Wednesday when the FIA world motor sport council examines the so-called "liargate" scandal involving Lewis Hamilton's team. That is the widely held view in the paddock here after a letter from Martin Whitmarsh to the sport's governing body was leaked.

The McLaren team principal is understood to have offered an "unreserved apology" in advance of answering charges that the team lied to the stewards and pressured Hamilton to do the same when attempting to gain third place in the Australian grand prix. McLaren's race director, Dave Ryan, was sacked and the former McLaren chief executive, Ron Dennis, has moved away completely after more than 25 years with the team. A precedent was set in 2005 when the Honda team was barred from two races after lying about a hidden fuel tank in Jenson Button's car.........

just the start of the article from the guardian

- just thought I'd stir the wasps' nest a little ;)

Seems fair enough of a punishment...no worse than BAR doing the fueltank skullduggery.

But.....who knows whats going to happen....apart from F1 shooting itself in the foot....again.

Because of Mad Max, McLaren will be hammered with heavy fine in the range of USD20m especially during credit crunch period.

If you are in Ferrari, you won't be penalised, eg Massa Monza lie-gate. See clips below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74il02wkvMI

:lol:

Psst, the other guys with this kind of attitude disappeared long time ago!

Where you frozen in a block of ice the past 4 years?

Your posts are from 2005 man!

Get on your time machine and go back!

Seriously!!

just the start of the article from the guardian

- just thought I'd stir the wasps' nest a little ;)

Heikki must be happy if he misses races because of all that ;) .

If McLaren do miss 2 races, what will happen with the Qual 1 ... will only 3 cars not make the cut or something?

If McLaren do miss 2 races, what will happen with the Qual 1 ... will only 3 cars not make the cut or something?

Yup.

I wouldn't bother running Q1 at all. Why spend 15 minutes to confirm that both FIs and Piquet will be out?

Yup.

I wouldn't bother running Q1 at all. Why spend 15 minutes to confirm that both FIs and Piquet will be out?

:lol: , but Piquet did better today.

Yup.

:D

Won't happen - the other teams could cry foul since renault would save money on front wings.

Yup.

:lol: but still, you never know, Massa/Kubica could pop in there or even both BrawnGP's :lol:

Nah...Webber did worse

:lol: Poor Webber...wonder if he did anything so bad in his previous birth be so unlucky! :lol:

Nah...Webber did worse

Indeed...had Sutil not blocked Webber,Piquet would've been 16th...just 1 place better than in China,where he blamed it on not having the new diffuser... :rolleyes:

Nah...Webber did worse

Harsh :lol:

Anyway, I think the FIA should employ Sutil, he's much more effective at slowing the cars down than narrowing the rear wings, etc :whistling:

Harsh :lol:

Anyway, I think the FIA should employ Sutil, he's much more effective at slowing the cars down than narrowing the rear wings, etc :whistling:

Make him run on foot along the track, everybody will slow down to watch him. And then laugh so hard they won't be able to build much speed.

Make him run on foot along the track, everybody will slow down to watch him. And then laugh so hard they won't be able to build much speed.

Oh yeah, Sutil has the real masculine run doesn't he :lol: