Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HandyNZL

30-mil Budget Cap

Ahead of this weeks WMSC meeting, the FIA has released detailed plans of how teams can effectively produce and race Formula One cars on a budget of 30-million, or less.

"We feel strongly that under these new guidelines, there will be optimum room for innovation and creativity on behalf of designers and technical teams." said FIA President, Max Mosley.

"Adding on to our suggestions and guidelines should be a relatively simple and straightforward procedure," he continued "and cars will be competitive out of the box"

For a review of today's announced FIA Techinical Regulations, refer: Tech Regulations

Sauce: Sauce

what I'd do.

build identical replicas of all tracks at 1/2 full size and situate them in the middle of the actual circuits.

allow teams to race at the same time as the real F1 cars but in carts around these mini circuits.

who ever comes home first wins.

**** it.

what I'd do.

build identical replicas of all tracks at 1/2 full size and situate them in the middle of the actual circuits.

allow teams to race at the same time as the real F1 cars but in carts around these mini circuits.

who ever comes home first wins.

**** it.

:lol: Have the reserve drivers race in the karts, that would be interesting aswell :lol:

Ahead of this weeks WMSC meeting, the FIA has released detailed plans of how teams can effectively produce and race Formula One cars on a budget of 30-million, or less.

"We feel strongly that under these new guidelines, there will be optimum room for innovation and creativity on behalf of designers and technical teams." said FIA President, Max Mosley.

"Adding on to our suggestions and guidelines should be a relatively simple and straightforward procedure," he continued "and cars will be competitive out of the box"

For a review of today's announced FIA Techinical Regulations, refer: Tech Regulations

Sauce: Sauce

Champcar, is that you?

It's ludicrous to suppose there would ever be a two-tier system in place. It's Max's usual ploy of making outrageous demands to achieve a lesser goal. Though I don't agree with any limitations on spending, per se for me, any cap must exclude driver's salaries, marketing budgets etc.

Plus you'd get more innovation, diversity and overtaking.

Innovation costs money. Lots of it.

:lol:

Let's hope pitbabes don't come under the budget cap! I won't tolerate cheap, substandard bimbos and neither will Max.

I won't tolerate cheap, substandard bimbos and neither will Max.

Don't worry. I think Paul and Andres have prepared you for what you can tolerate.

As a team owner, what route does one go down.

Well, that's the key question (I'm assuming it was a question? :P ). From all the noises Ferrari have been making it seems unlikely to be able to build a competitive car, even at $40m. Bernie is now saying that figure is likely to climb, but at what point do the disadvantages of the budget cap (whatever it may end up being) get outweighed by the technical freedom it brings? Not only that but the best minds must be looking at ways to get around the system. How would you regulate it anyway? Even if all teams books have to become transparent, they can still call in freebies from suppliers and pay them in other ways.

Don't worry. I think Paul and Andres have prepared you for what you can tolerate.

Well, nobody prepared us for him! And, believe me, nobody has lower standards than Paul and me. And we're proud of it!

I think a 40 mil budget cap would be feasible given the team's payroll and the drivers salaries are outside the cap.Even 30 would be feasible..........and more importantly we could see more number of teams enter F1.

i agree with him...plus the budget cap may result in less innovation...i dont want f1 to be like gp2 or any other open wheel racing..

The cap is a lesser problem. The real issue is the two sets of rules... which will only multiply once FIA "interpretations" come into play.

It's ludicrous to suppose there would ever be a two-tier system in place. It's Max's usual ploy of making outrageous demands to achieve a lesser goal. Though I don't agree with any limitations on spending, per se for me, any cap must exclude driver's salaries, marketing budgets etc.

You'll remember that they used to fill up the grid with F2 cars. Sort of a 2 tier system.

You'll remember that they used to fill up the grid with F2 cars. Sort of a 2 tier system.

Yes, but that was filling up the grid. The F2 drivers never got championship points.