Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HandyNZL

Spanish Gp

I was watching P1 and P2 via my laptop today and I was taken with what Ian Phillips of Force India had to say about the diffuser saga. He commented that other teams had been so transfixed on the BGP001's double diffuser that they had probably completely overlooked the main reason why the car was so quick. He went on to say, that Ross had already told his rivals to look elsewhere on the car if they really wanted to learn where BGP's advantage lay. BMW's new rear wing end plate upgrade was one such area, Phillips said, as was the lighter chassis in Kimi's new ride. BGP themselves, brought a lighter chassis to Barca and some end plate bits but little else. JB went past last year's pole time in P1 on low fuel while Rosberg shaved it in P2 on fumes, it seemed - he appeared to run out of fuel later in the session. Button ran with race fuel for most of P2 and some handling problems but a seriously hot run in the dying moments on softs and PBs in Sectors 1 & 2 were for nothing as the yellow flags came out when Rosberg parked his Williams. The Toyota's seemed to be working through their own programme all afternoon and brought up the rear. Webber was quickish as was Vettel. The Ferraris and McLarens look horrible. Nevertheless, there is little to seperate the Brawns from the Bulls or the Willams'. BMW made a step but it didn't seem to be enough. Roll on tomorrow.

Toyota were testing a new aero package. They'll be there or there abouts tomorrow. Renault were fast on softs. Nando will go for pole on fumes tomorrow - bet on it. I wouldn't be surprised if JB has a lot more genuine pace than P2 today. I believe they have a fix for his handling issue.

Ferrari 1-2 on final practice, are they coming back? Definitely seems like their updates have worked and the optimism they portrayed in yesterdays interviews was not groundless.

Really poor work by Ferrari not to send Kimi out again, and poor work by Kimi for not saying he should go out again.

Always seems to be one who can't make it. Crazy to stay in the garage when pretty much everyone else was out.

As if Ferrari don't have enough problems this season. When are they going to stop screwing their drivers weekends from inept qualifying decisions?

Massa at least did well - perhaps 2 cars are too much to concentrate on.

Other then that - Brawn v Red Bull again - looks close too.

EDIT - who's running KERS this weekend?

Hope Ferrari's improvement is real. All the same, I've no clue why they are acting like any time's 'nuff to get into the next Q. Next time, both Kimi & Massa should keep on setting laps until the particular Q's over, ignoring the advice from the pitwall.

Nice going by Button & Vettel. Didn't expect Hamilton to finish so down.

Hoping for a Vettel win tomorrow, with a Ferrari on the podium.

Ah, Button did the job for me in qualifying. More PPP points for me :lol:

Yeah, it's bad that I only care about who does well or not in quali/races if it effects my PPP predictions.

As if Ferrari don't have enough problems this season. When are they going to stop screwing their drivers weekends from inept qualifying decisions?

Dunno if it was the team that screwed Kimi, he at least took the blame to himself.

I think kimi had complaints in the last gp that they did more laps than they needed to in qualifying and used up too many sets of softs. Maybe he had something to do with the decision. Masa learned his lesson the hard way and now it was kimis turn. The season is lost for Ferrari anyway, they should use the rest of it to get fundamental stuff working within the team, so they can make use of a good car next year.

Good to see Button on pole after BBC seemed to forget he was there altogether! :D

Kubica was doing a heroic effort...and then BMW screwed him as usual with a mistake with his tires.

Heidfeld and Kubica are a waste of talent driving for such an amateurish team.

Dunno if it was the team that screwed Kimi, he at least took the blame to himself.

missed that - fair enough

those weights show just how much Vettel does more with a car that's exactly the same weight as Webber's, half a second up on the Aussie