Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HandyNZL

Spanish Gp

Really Massa that heavy now that is suprise

Yep. Good job by Messy, could be on for a podium, it seems Ferrari have improved.

Strange, Webber and Vettel are fueled the same.

It sure is a big gap for the same weights. Vettel is driving exceptionally well at the moment it seems.

Stellar stuff from JB but he's two or three laps shorter than Vettel and Massa. The latter has KERS and may cause an upset from fifth for the Brawns. Trulli in seventh and 20kgs heavier on fuel is in a very good position. Vettel definitely had the edge again. The Brawns are really hanging on by their teeth now despite this weekends upgrade. There not much more to come either. RBR can take this Championship if they want it bad enough. We must never write off Ferrari, they put a heavier car with KERS into fourth, 4/10ths off pole - a major improvement. Don't forget we may have rain too. Lets hope JB's great form continues. Whatever happens it should be an interesting race.

Why as a team would you fuel your drivers exactly the same? this just means one of them (It'll be Webber) will be carrying an extra lap of fuel for no reason, as they'll have to pit 1 lap early....

Apparently Webber wasnt happy about his own efforts either, but what are Red Bull doing? I remember wondering why in China did Webber pit first even though he carried an extra lap of fuel through quali, now this... Their strategies are weirding me out.

It sure is a big gap for the same weights. Vettel is driving exceptionally well at the moment it seems.

Yes, however I meant strange in the sense that no team would surely willingly want their drivers to pit on the same lap.

Why as a team would you fuel your drivers exactly the same? this just means one of them (It'll be Webber) will be carrying an extra lap of fuel for no reason, as they'll have to pit 1 lap early....

Apparently Webber wasnt happy about his own efforts either, but what are Red Bull doing? I remember wondering why in China did Webber pit first even though he carried an extra lap of fuel through quali, now this... Their strategies are weirding me out.

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks so. ;)

Yes, however I meant strange in the sense that no team would surely willingly want their drivers to pit on the same lap.

Maybe Red Bull don't want any claims of favouritism from their drivers. Whoever does better in qualifying and the race gets first call on when to pit. Seems a fair way of doing it, or at least better than Ferrari's quali strategy lately -_-

Maybe Red Bull don't want any claims of favouritism from their drivers. Whoever does better in qualifying and the race gets first call on when to pit. Seems a fair way of doing it, or at least better than Ferrari's quali strategy lately -_-

Makes no sense to start doing that now when trying to fight for WCC and WDC. Or when pace is so tight that one extra lap worth of fuel could put you a couple of places further down the grid where overtaking chances are pretty much none. Plus, as Sato pointed out, it's not the first time a Red Bull driver {read Webber} is going to probably have to pit unnecessarily early.

Makes no sense to start doing that now when trying to fight for WCC and WDC. Or when pace is so tight that one extra lap worth of fuel could put you a couple of places further down the grid where overtaking chances are pretty much none. Plus, as Sato pointed out, it's not the first time a Red Bull driver {read Webber} is going to probably have to pit unnecessarily early.

Yeah, that's true - I just can't think of another explanation other than Red Bull making an error somehow, which seems..unlikely.

Wow, Alonso had the lightest car? That's kind of embarrassing.

Yup. His first stint will be the parade lap.

Wow, Alonso had the lightest car? That's kind of embarrassing.

And Lewis the heaviest!!!!!! :huh: what the!!!!!!! did they forget to take off some of the tools after they fitted the engine?

renault car sucks...alonso is to just trying to please his countrymen by running on very light fuel load which wont help him in the race at all...i hope he switches to brawn or ferrari(if they improve) next season or else one of the greatest driver in f1 will fade away... :(

renault car sucks...alonso is to just trying to please his countrymen by running on very light fuel load which wont help him in the race at all...i hope he switches to brawn or ferrari(if they improve) next season or else one of the greatest driver in f1 will fade away... :(

Gral.McArthur would have approved that.

Who do you mean? :P Back to Alonso, he always fuels himself light at his home track whenever he has no hope of winning.

Brawn unfortunately will not walk away with this championship. The others have indeed caught up. HOWEVER... it has now been proven the double diffuser is not the be all and end all... look at Renault and look at McLaren. The Brawn and Toyota were just good cars already. The Ferrari we all knew was a good base and had plenty of room for improvement, but I am worried for Red Bull. I don't think they need the double-diffuser, their car is undergoing a radical re-design in the back end and I have a feeling trying to gain '3-5 tenths' might also end up costing them 3-5 tenths and thus making the diffuser pointless!