Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HandyNZL

B M W Threatens Leaving F1

Reports are linking BMW saying they will withdraw from F1 if a two-tier system is introduced.

That makes two from nine teams when you include Ferrari...one can only imagine Renault saying the same, and maybe even Toyota and Mercedes....

The clouds of discontent are certainly brewing, aye, what?

Whilst I agree that money needs to be roped in, I also say, that if a team has the resources i.e. the sponsors, willing to fork out the money, then so be it. Let the sponsors reduce their spending on their own, and there is no doubt that this would trickle down rather rapidly into the operating budgets of the teams.

This is yet one more nail in the coffin. I think the teams want F1 to be F1, as in something pure and what it was all about thirty / forty years ago...it's just this stupid governing body, thats not even supposed to be making any rules!!

One other point is that entries are open at the end of the month / or early June (forget which), for seven days, for the teams to enter the 2010 championship.....can anyone imagine no teams entering? That would once and for all screw over Max and Bernie and loud and clearly tell them, enough is enough.

i dare to say it's not just cus of the budget that bmw and ferrari are threatening to quit. it's all about the loss of power from the teams next to the decisions. 'either we have a voice or we're out'. i think this may actually lead to some consense, but even if ferrari and bmw ever quit f1, i dont see a day when NO teams at all will be willing to race. it's a full loss of money.

BMW??? Oh, yes, I remember they...nice chaps! I didn't know they were still around, though.

Well bollock me. If BMW leave that will mean...having 2 less cars on the grid?

It's quite funny, everybody jumps when Ferrari make similar vibes, even Ecclestone jumps in and says 'I will protect Ferrari' - Yet when BMW say something, there is just a tumbleweed blowing through :lol:

Bring back Pacific Ilmor :lol:

If Ferrari and BMW leave ... then thats 4 cars gone, even more boring racing

Reports are linking BMW saying they will withdraw from F1 if a two-tier system is introduced.

That makes two from nine teams when you include Ferrari...one can only imagine Renault saying the same, and maybe even Toyota and Mercedes....

The clouds of discontent are certainly brewing, aye, what?

Whilst I agree that money needs to be roped in, I also say, that if a team has the resources i.e. the sponsors, willing to fork out the money, then so be it. Let the sponsors reduce their spending on their own, and there is no doubt that this would trickle down rather rapidly into the operating budgets of the teams.

This is yet one more nail in the coffin. I think the teams want F1 to be F1, as in something pure and what it was all about thirty / forty years ago...it's just this stupid governing body, thats not even supposed to be making any rules!!

One other point is that entries are open at the end of the month / or early June (forget which), for seven days, for the teams to enter the 2010 championship.....can anyone imagine no teams entering? That would once and for all screw over Max and Bernie and loud and clearly tell them, enough is enough.

As there has been no consultation with the teams, other than the agreement to provide drivetrains at a reasonable cost and then, only under the threat of a standard engine being introduced, the FIA are basically pulling these numbers out of the air. Of course, there was huge and unnecessary excess throughout the sport but most of the teams have reigned their spending in already. They now know what they need to invest to race competitively and and that combined data should have become the basis of the FIA's benchmark.

Two tier diffusers, Mr Horner...you know....the one you don't have on your cars.

Although that does look like a 2008 spec rear wing