Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pumpdoc

Spanish Gp Race Thread

did anyone of you hear that about Massa's fuel? I think I will root for Force India from now on, I can not continue altering my blood pressure like this.

Vettel produces one of the best passes of the race on Massa.

Once again passes are very rare in F1 so you are completely right but the most painful was to see Alonso passing Massa, that was humiliating, I don't drink alcohol but I think I need a drink now or at least to sleep for a couple of hour to erase this bitter feeling from this race.

DoD woll be a tough pick for this race. Most drivers seemed to have given all they had. It all came down to pit strategies and car performances.

Nice race in the end. I liked Webber and Alonso, poor Massa. Button is driving flawlessly race after race. Not too bad weekend.

Yes but the team changed RB strategy just to benefit JB, JB even apologised to RB on the radio, it looks like RB was born to be a second driver and make way for any other driver no matter what team he is driving for.

Of course, a special mention should be done to the real heroes of today: the viewers of this yawnfest of a race.

Hooray for us! :yawn:

Really nice from Ferrari to bring us a scent of the 90's. Pit with 22 laps to go, took them long enough to see Massa did not have enough fuel, took them even longer to make the decision to let Vetel pass thereby losing one more place to Alonso. At the point they saw Massa did not have the fuel to go the distance, Alonso was like 24 sec behind Vetel. They even had time to pit for a few liters of fuel. Mistakes upon mistakes upon mistakes. Time to let some people go.

Strange to see RedBull didn't play any strategy games with Vetel, with the same strategy, lowest top speed of the grid and no KERS in Barcelona one can wonder if they were actually counting on Ferrari messing up. Weber's mechanics did a lot better. Redbull had the pace to challenge for victory, by the looks of things they would probably have messed the strategy even if Massa had not come between them and the Browns.

To me is going to be an easy choice, Kimi is the DOD, he started 16th and finished 15th even having a DNF, he had a great start even when he was unable to see the starting lights, he was driving 10th carrying the KERS extra weight because his KErS was not working and that is why kimi deserves it.

:lol: Can't help but admire your optimism :P

Yes but the team changed RB strategy just to benefit JB, JB even apologised to RB on the radio, it looks like RB was born to be a second driver and make way for any other driver no matter what team he is driving for.

They played dirty with Rubinho? I thought they were expecting a better result on a 3-stopper but Button had to do something different to try win the race.

[quote name='El Silenci

Average race, but at least I watched it. Really glad Webber and Alonso had good days. Sucks for Rubens and Felipe, but the latter can't complain; he got points. Not sure how my PPP went, and that's all that matters. I guess I'll find out soon enough. On to whatever race I watch next.

Really nice from Ferrari to bring us a scent of the 90's. Pit with 22 laps to go, took them long enough to see Massa did not have enough fuel, took them even longer to make the decision to let Vetel pass thereby losing one more place to Alonso. At the point they saw Massa did not have the fuel to go the distance, Alonso was like 24 sec behind Vetel. They even had time to pit for a few liters of fuel. Mistakes upon mistakes upon mistakes. Time to let some people go.

Strange to see RedBull didn't play any strategy games with Vetel, with the same strategy, lowest top speed of the grid and no KERS in Barcelona one can wonder if they were actually counting on Ferrari messing up. Weber's mechanics did a lot better. Redbull had the pace to challenge for victory, by the looks of things they would probably have messed the strategy even if Massa had not come between them and the Browns.

There is really no explanation to this, even if you try to do all these mistakes on purpuose you wouldn't do it worse than Ferrari, I am really waiting to hear from the team.

Average race, but at least I watched it. Really glad Webber and Alonso had good days. Sucks for Rubens and Felipe, but the latter can't complain; he got points. Not sure how my PPP went, and that's all that matters. I guess I'll find out soon enough. On to whatever race I watch next.

My PPP was awful, I dropped about 30 places. That's the last time I pick Piquet to win.

Another victory for Button ... ah well, unlucky Kimi & Lewis

zzzzzZZZzzzZzz.......snore.........are we there yet?...mumble..........*yawn*.....zzzzZZzzzz

well considering it was the Sp GP it was not bad, well done to JB, MW and FA!

[quote name='AleHop' post='292287' date='May 10 2009, 10:03 AM']They played dirty with Rubinho? I thought they were expecting a better result on a 3-stopper but Button had to do something different to try win the race.[/quote]

I know you will hear more on this soon

Bad day for Ferrari, though I believe they still have some positives to take from this race. Reno too have shown improvement.

Good show by Webber & Button. Rubens seemed to have resigned to the fact that he won't be WDC, going by his face after the race.