Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Button Is Awesome

It's a pleasure to watch, he is finally living up to his talent. I think right now he is the best driver on the grid. It also well proves what I have said for a while, that the difference between the drivers who were so far thought to be the heirs apparent to the greats and the good midfield drivers was the car, not a difference in talent. The vastly overrated Kimi and Alonso are looking painfully mediocre, and clearly they are no superior to Button, Kubeetza and perhaps Trulli. The jury is perhaps still out on Trulli, though his one lap pace is always staggering, quite uncanny. Hamilton I won't place in any category yet, though I think he has incredible talent and also suffers

Rubens is in fact driving fairly well, given his age and how well Button is doing. He is consistently finishing and gathering the points. Ignore his whining, for those who know his Ferrari days, we have all heard it before. He is consistent, but not a bright spark. Look at Button's lap times, particularly his middle stint where he went 10 laps lapping within a 10th of a second. Barrichello just had a Schumacher pulled on him, he can't complain.

After yet another year in a championship winning car, will he still be able to complain about unfair treatment? And will the people who shed tears for him in the Ferrari years still be there to hold his hand?

:lol:

Very funny. But yes, I think Jenson is doing a great job. What's most impressive is that he's won the last 2 races without having the best car.

It's a pleasure to watch, he is finally living up to his talent. I think right now he is the best driver on the grid. It also well proves what I have said for a while, that the difference between the drivers who were so far thought to be the heirs apparent to the greats and the good midfield drivers was the car, not a difference in talent. The vastly overrated Kimi and Alonso are looking painfully mediocre, and clearly they are no superior to Button, Kubeetza and perhaps Trulli. The jury is perhaps still out on Trulli, though his one lap pace is always staggering, quite uncanny. Hamilton I won't place in any category yet, though I think he has incredible talent and also suffers

Rubens is in fact driving fairly well, given his age and how well Button is doing. He is consistently finishing and gathering the points. Ignore his whining, for those who know his Ferrari days, we have all heard it before. He is consistent, but not a bright spark. Look at Button's lap times, particularly his middle stint where he went 10 laps lapping within a 10th of a second. Barrichello just had a Schumacher pulled on him, he can't complain.

After yet another year in a championship winning car, will he still be able to complain about unfair treatment? And will the people who shed tears for him in the Ferrari years still be there to hold his hand?

Nope - he can't. But there are still 12 races to go, so who knows what will happen. Yes Button currently has the upper hand - but can he maintain it? This season is not in the bag yet for anyone.

I'm looking forward to RBR mounting a decisive challenge....Adrian Newey and cohorts are pretty good - I think that by season end they will surpass Brawn and his designers.

And Brawn needs to take on sponsors - I understand that they are trying to drive up the price, but that might not be the best thing to do in todays economic climate....it could all so easily back fire to the point that sponsors will say "sorry, thats too much"....a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush as they say. And if sponsors are not signed, how long can they literally afford to keep up with the Jones'?

Better to measure a drivers talent when things aren't going his way, e.g. when he has a crap car. Everybody knows that all the drivers in F1 (bar a couple, cough *Piquet* cough) are good enough to win if they have a good car, excellent strategy, and a crap team mate.

Button is performing well at the moment, he is probably doing the best job on the grid actually, as he is maximising his opportunities. We'll see if he can keep it up and then maybe I'll re-evaluate my assessment that he is not much more than a upper-midfield class driver.

He has the best car and Ross

It's true he has a great car but I think the Red Bull has been the best car over the season so far. Probably that's been the best car for 3/5 races.

Alonso medicre, Overated? Hahahahaha! You are an idiot, Do you remember when he outpointed everyone in the second half of last season, not to mention winning two races in an underpowered inferior car?!

Button is a good driver albeit average, fair do's but he isnt in the same class as Alonso, Hamilton, Vettel and Kubica

What a load of bollox of a thread

It's true he has a great car but I think the Red Bull has been the best car over the season so far. Probably that's been the best car for 3/5 races.

Nah! The Red Bull is actually an awful car, Vettel and Webbo just make it look good :P:whistling:

:lol:

Very funny. But yes, I think Jenson is doing a great job. What's most impressive is that he's won the last 2 races without having the best car.

I was waiting for someone to make that point.

Nope - he can't. But there are still 12 races to go, so who knows what will happen. Yes Button currently has the upper hand - but can he maintain it? This season is not in the bag yet for anyone.

I'm looking forward to RBR mounting a decisive challenge....Adrian Newey and cohorts are pretty good - I think that by season end they will surpass Brawn and his designers.

And Brawn needs to take on sponsors - I understand that they are trying to drive up the price, but that might not be the best thing to do in todays economic climate....it could all so easily back fire to the point that sponsors will say "sorry, thats too much"....a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush as they say. And if sponsors are not signed, how long can they literally afford to keep up with the Jones'?

I believe Haug is paving the way for an exit from McLaren and hoisting his flag at BGP. Brawn's disadvantage is their lack of dev cash for the rest of this season. Virgin will have to buy the whole shooting match as will Vodafone or any other likely sponsor to keep Merc at bay, I feel. RBR are good and getting better but JB is driving his socks off and he knows this is his best chance of a WDC. He won't let that go easily, believe me. He's as hungry as hell.

Nah! The Red Bull is actually an awful car, Vettel and Webbo just make it look good :P:whistling:

The car is better than the drivers at the moment, if you don't mind me saying so. It needs driving!

He has the best car and Ross

Alonso medicre, Overated? Hahahahaha! You are an idiot, Do you remember when he outpointed everyone in the second half of last season, not to mention winning two races in an underpowered inferior car?!

He's very good, I agree.

Button is a good driver albeit average, fair do's but he isnt in the same class as Alonso, Hamilton, Vettel and Kubica

Don't be silly now, of course he is and he's proving it.

What a load of bollox of a thread

Harsh and emotive

The car is better than the drivers at the moment, if you don't mind me saying so. It needs driving!

Maybe, I think Vettel could obviously have done more in Aus, but otherwise his strategies have let him down, why didn't RB change Vettel's strategy to help him get past Kers cars in the last two races? I mean RB managed to change JB's strategy in Barca to make sure he had a strong chance of victory, yet RB doesn't do it for Vettel. Anyway, I think you see my point with that one. RB gives better strategy to Button than RB does to Vettel. So far that's the biggest difference I've seen.

Vettel got involved in a 50-50 at Aus, got screwed for it by FIA in the second race (wherever that was), drove well in the wet to win, and then got screwed by strategy and the wonderful wanKers in the following races. And no, not even the fastest paracarro in the world could pass a Kers car in a straight fight at Barca. So thus far it's a tad premature to judge. I don't think the RB is the fastest car. In qualifying? Maybe. In a dry race stint? Equal to Brawn at best, and that's only been the case for the last couple of races I think.

Not harsh at all, Anyone with an ounce of understanding would acknowledge Alonso is one of the best, if not the best driver in F1. Anyone who thinks otherwise and says Alonso is mediocre is a plantpot

As for Button...He hasnt proved anything other then he can win races in the best car of the lot.

Some may say Red Bull is the best car but thats nonsense, Over one lap they may be but over race pace Brawn GP are untouchable at the moment

Not harsh at all, Anyone with an ounce of understanding would acknowledge Alonso is one of the best, if not the best driver in F1. Anyone who thinks otherwise and says Alonso is mediocre is a plantpot

As for Button...He hasnt proved anything other then he can win races in the best car of the lot.

Some may say Red Bull is the best car but thats nonsense, Over one lap they may be but over race pace Brawn GP are untouchable at the moment

'Aroop, Aroop, Aroop'!!!

That's the sound of my 'bigoted fan-boy' alarm going off.... :)

'Aroop, Aroop, Aroop'!!!

That's the sound of my 'bigoted fan-boy' alarm going off.... :)

Woop Woop! Woop Woop!

That's the sound of an A$hole alert

Why don't you say to the same to the person who started this thread?

Flaming clown

And Alonso would be in the top ten in a Force India? Button didn't have best car in the last two races and won. Alonso is a fine driver but so is Jens. Neither of them are God!

alonso cannot be underrated guys..he is undoubtedly the best driver in the present grid....i agree that button is a very good driver and given a good car he can win championships, but alonso is at a different level...he can improve an inferior car and can get it on podium other than winning championships with a good car.

Weren't you banned for being a bit silly, King Alonso 5430958?

Woop Woop! Woop Woop!

That's the sound of an A$hole alert

Why don't you say to the same to the person who started this thread?

Flaming clown

Thanks for passing by. Your presence fills a much needed gap.

:banned22:

alonso cannot be underrated guys..he is undoubtedly the best driver in the present grid....i agree that button is a very good driver and given a good car he can win championships, but alonso is at a different level...he can improve an inferior car and can get it on podium other than winning championships with a good car.

Alonso is mighty, but prone to error. How many errors does Jenson make?

@ dribbler

i dont think alonso makes many errors... i consider hamilton ,massa and piquet in the top of the list in making errors.. alonso is one of the smoothest drivers... i agree even jenson is very smooth, but his victories are assisted by Brawn's brilliant strategy...

@ dribbler

i dont think alonso makes many errors... i consider hamilton ,massa and piquet in the top of the list in making errors.. alonso is one of the smoothest drivers... i agree even jenson is very smooth, but his victories are assisted by Brawn's brilliant strategy...

I didn't say that Alonso made many errors, nor did I say that he was top of the list in error making. I merely made the point that he does make errors and that Jenson does not.

I do not consider Alonso to be smooth. This is not a criticsm but an observation of his style. Smoothness does not automatically guarantee speed.