Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Button Is Awesome

@ dribbler

i dont think alonso makes many errors... i consider hamilton ,massa and piquet in the top of the list in making errors.. alonso is one of the smoothest drivers... i agree even jenson is very smooth, but his victories are assisted by Brawn's brilliant strategy...

Errmmm :eusa_think:

I was waiting for someone to make that point.

What a point! Brawn Gp and Red Bull are the best cars on the grid! If you are driving one of the best 4 cars what do expect? The worst is 4 or you made a huge mistake or -as Rubinho in the last races before spain- a mechanical problem. The only thing I praise Button is he had not make a single mistake in 5 races. Vettel made one. Webbo made one. Rubinho made one. The rest... who cares? they are at another formula!

Woop Woop! Woop Woop!

That's the sound of an A$hole alert

Why don't you say to the same to the person who started this thread?

Whatever.... go and watch Tellytubbies....

Flaming clown

I am neither on fire, nor am I employed by a circus....

What a point! Brawn Gp and Red Bull are the best cars on the grid! If you are driving one of the best 4 cars what do expect? The worst is 4 or you made a huge mistake or -as Rubinho in the last races before spain- a mechanical problem. The only thing I praise Button is he had not make a single mistake in 5 races. Vettel made one. Webbo made one. Rubinho made one. The rest... who cares? they are at another formula!

Button is best. Lewis was best but has forgotten how to be and now Jenson has remembered how to be best. I think Vettel might learn to be best and then the others will forget how to be best again. It has nothing to do with the cars.

Weren't you banned for being a bit silly, King Alonso 5430958?

I tried to be nice. :cardR::blackflag::banned22:

Button is best. Lewis was best but has forgotten how to be and now Jenson has remembered how to be best. I think Vettel might learn to be best and then the others will forget how to be best again. It has nothing to do with the cars.

No, no, NO

I am the best :D

i agree.. :lol:

RBR and BGP are the best cars out there right now. Barcelona proved it. As PDLR said in the Spanish TV: at Barcelona, you can't hide. Boring as it is, it gaves the true measure of each cars potential. That said, some circuits fit BGP better than RBR and viceversa. The differences are minimal between the teams (more so like in any recent times) but also unsurmountable. 1 tenth per lap difference doesn't sound like too much compared to the half seconds Schumi used to gain each lap on his Ferrari, but no matter how nobody seem to be able to gain that extra tenth.

So many restrictions force teams to spend gazillions of dollars just to try to earn that extra tenth. Soon the curve becomes asynthotic (or whatever way you write that one). It becomes cheaper to just develop next years cars after only a handful of races. Sad.

There are still hopes for a second half strike back from another team, but unless that team has an exceptional driver capable of a comeback a la Schumi 2006, it will be extremely difficult for any other team to challenge the big little duo: BGP and RBR.

I'm still optimistic that the big teams will catch them. RBR is going to be the hardest to catch, but fortunately they've been haemorrhaging points to slower cars so far.

I am neither on fire, nor am I employed by a circus....

:lol:

Alonso medicre, Overated? Hahahahaha! You are an idiot, Do you remember when he outpointed everyone in the second half of last season, not to mention winning two races in an underpowered inferior car?!

Button is a good driver albeit average, fair do's but he isnt in the same class as Alonso, Hamilton, Vettel and Kubica

What a load of bollox of a thread

Reminds me of 2006 where Button scored more points than any other driver on the grid from Hungary onwards in an inferior car...

@ dribbler

i dont think alonso makes many errors... i consider hamilton ,massa and piquet in the top of the list in making errors.. alonso is one of the smoothest drivers... i agree even jenson is very smooth, but his victories are assisted by Brawn's brilliant strategy...

You are clearly very mistaken in thinking Alonso is one of the smoothest drivers on the grid! Therefore any opinion you have of drivers can be dismissed as rubbish. Please don't comment on something you clearly know nothing about.

Nope - he can't. But there are still 12 races to go, so who knows what will happen. Yes Button currently has the upper hand - but can he maintain it? This season is not in the bag yet for anyone.

Upper hand over Barrichello? Of course he will.

Better to measure a drivers talent when things aren't going his way, e.g. when he has a crap car. Everybody knows that all the drivers in F1 (bar a couple, cough *Piquet* cough) are good enough to win if they have a good car, excellent strategy, and a crap team mate.

Laptiimes laptimes laptimes. Why don't people watch the laptimes when they watch races. A good strategy means squat if the driver doesn't maximize on it. Button did.

Alonso medicre, Overated? Hahahahaha! You are an idiot, Do you remember when he outpointed everyone in the second half of last season, not to mention winning two races in an underpowered inferior car?!

I didn't say Alonso is mediocre, I said he is looking like a mid field driver, just like Button did when he didn't have a decent car. Button's as good as anyone on the grid. Look at Alonso's years in midfield cars, and look at Button. There isn't that much to choose between them.

I believe Haug is paving the way for an exit from McLaren and hoisting his flag at BGP. Brawn's disadvantage is their lack of dev cash for the rest of this season. Virgin will have to buy the whole shooting match as will Vodafone or any other likely sponsor to keep Merc at bay, I feel. RBR are good and getting better but JB is driving his socks off and he knows this is his best chance of a WDC. He won't let that go easily, believe me. He's as hungry as hell.

Their problem comes if Ferrari or Mclaren suddenly find their acts - looks unlikely, both are grappling with management change. Between Red Bull and Brawn, I would always bet on Brawn. Vettel is good but still raw. The fact that Button has waited this long for a good car means the experience will tell.

So many restrictions force teams to spend gazillions of dollars just to try to earn that extra tenth. Soon the curve becomes asynthotic (or whatever way you write that one). It becomes cheaper to just develop next years cars after only a handful of races. Sad.

There are still hopes for a second half strike back from another team, but unless that team has an exceptional driver capable of a comeback a la Schumi 2006, it will be extremely difficult for any other team to challenge the big little duo: BGP and RBR.

Did you just praise Schumi twice in a single post and not say anything about Alonso? Aren't you the quiet dood??

Did you just praise Schumi twice in a single post and not say anything about Alonso? Aren't you the quiet dood??

Sorry, won't happen again :D

Reminds me of 2006 where Button scored more points than any other driver on the grid from Hungary onwards in an inferior car...

You are clearly very mistaken in thinking Alonso is one of the smoothest drivers on the grid! Therefore any opinion you have of drivers can be dismissed as rubbish. Please don't comment on something you clearly know nothing about.

Every members opinion is valid here and they have a right to state it - that why it's called a forum. Beware of setting yourself up as God - there are many infidels here who are more than happy to take you on.

Please indeed, funny man.

But you are right. Alonso is far from smooth. Like Kubica, he is a brute on corners. Quite an asset, actually.

Every members opinion is valid here and they have a right to state it - that why it's called a forum. Beware of setting yourself up as God - there are many infidels here who are more than happy to take you on.

I am not god and I do not have excellent technical F1 knowledge. However it is, like I said, very wrong to claim Alonso is a smooth driver and most people with even the smallest knowledge of driving styles would know that.

Please indeed, funny man.

But you are right. Alonso is far from smooth. Like Kubica, he is a brute on corners. Quite an asset, actually.

Wow, you agreed with me! Christ!

And yes, being smooth has it's benefits, however being aggressive is just as beneficial.

Nah. Aggressive but smooth is better. Or is it aggressively smooth?

Well Kimi is usually aggressive but smooth, except when he's had a few vodka shots, then he's aggressively smooth. And fond of the barriers.

I am not god and I do not have excellent technical F1 knowledge. However it is, like I said, very wrong to claim Alonso is a smooth driver and most people with even the smallest knowledge of driving styles would know that.

My point is that there is no 'wrong' or 'right' here - just opinion. I personally believe Nando is far from smooth but I am not going to tell anyone they are wrong to say the opposite. That is their privilege. I would merely say I disagree.

Wow, you agreed with me! Christ!

Sure, no worries... just who the fck are ya, smarmy?

Sure, no worries... just who the fck are ya, smarmy?
It's Ben, your resident gay, not that that's a bad thing! It's good to have a gay on these forums, gets their post count up when they've partied too much & stopped putting their c0ck up Alonso's bum ;) !