Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HandyNZL

Will You Watch?

2010 - will you watch?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. If Ferrari, Renault, RBR, STR, BMW and Toyota not enter for 2010, will you tune in in 2010?

• Yes
    • No

No, maybe one or two races just for the morbo but who care about a series without the best teams. they will really be world champions without Renault, BMW, Toyotaa nd ferrari even if Mecca stay what will be their champ credentials.... I beat force india? lola? and USGP? wow big deal.

Only the best teams can make the best race serial.

Mario

No. I won't be waking up at unearthly hours (that includes 8 AM on Sundays) to watch the Max and Bernie show.

I won't watch it - simply because if BMW leaves then Kubica will with them and that equals "no TV coverage for F1 in Poland".

Poland is 40 million souls. So it is something that Hobbit should consider

Yes. Plain and simple yes. No if, no but, no maybe, just yes. I'm going to watch as much as or more than I do now (50% of the races or so).

And something tells me all of you who voted "no" will tune in again. It'll eat at you. You'll miss it. You'll try other series. They won't be the same. You'll cave. See you in front of a TV for Melbourne.

Not really, F1 is the only racing I ever watch. If over half of the teams leave and the rules move F1 from the place it is now to a place where my dad, and I mean that literally, with $60 million a year can go have a team I have no incentive to watch what so ever

I voted yes

I want to see how bad it was and I bet my interest on F1 will slowly fade away

And I will probably did not notice that I have actually stop watching lolz

I would still watch for sure... At least 1 season to see what happens. I really like the new Brawn GP team because I have been a Button fan for a long time, however even if he left or the team left then I would still watch...

I would stop watching if the qaulity of the show went out the window and I think no one is currently in a position to know what the show will be like if the big teams leave. We'll see...

Poland is 40 million souls. So it is something that Hobbit should consider

About 4.5 to 5 million are watching GP's. With Kubica gone it would drop to about 100-150 thousand as it was before him.

[quote name='goferrarigo' post='292816' date='May 14 2009, 04:09 PM'][b]So watch Williams, Brawn GP, Mclaren and FI and a couple of newbies race, doesn't seem that attractive...[/b]

Apparently though, Ferrari's board of directors have decided to find some other series to invest in, else LMES will be my transition or something else....

All the manufacters leaving (except Mclaren) shows the sport is pretty much in the dumps...[/quote]

That would like watching Indy 2005 Mclaren winning everything single day, we'll be just waiting for a day when they will have both cars out o the race to see who will inherit the fisrt place, Mclaren will be champions in May every year.

About 4.5 to 5 million are watching GP's. With Kubica gone it would drop to about 100-150 thousand as it was before him.

How many Italians would watch without Ferrari? Probably two on duty journalists. :)

If your loved one became fat, you would still love her, wouldn't you? I wouldn't, but I'm still gonna watch F1, whatever bast*rdised form it comes in.

The thing is, although form may suggest otherwise then anything can happen at any moment in F1 and that is what makes it so great.

You never know how any race will turn out, from one corner to the next.

I, as a self proclaimed, auto-racing enthusiast voted yes.

Of course I will!

I don't limit my excitement for the sport to only one form of motor racing, but I will admit...

I don't know how enthusiatic I will be while watching it. ;)

How many Italians would watch without Ferrari? Probably two on duty journalists. :)

It is indeed a fact that TV audiences drop in a given country when it has no drivers. Canada is a good example of this. So, yes, there is reason to believe that interest in Italy will drop if Ferrari moves on.

It is indeed a fact that TV audiences drop in a given country when it has no drivers. Canada is a good example of this. So, yes, there is reason to believe that interest in Italy will drop if Ferrari moves on.

Well that just goes to show their fickle nature. I don't give a damn about the nationality of any team or driver, unless they are Japanese, of course.

Well that just goes to show their fickle nature. I don't give a damn about the nationality of any team or driver, unless they are Japanese, of course.

Of course?

I, as a self proclaimed, auto-racing enthusiast voted yes.
So you will be watching FIA GT qualifying with me in a few mins??

Yes.

Why so shy, little flower?

Do tell what's wrong with the Japanese. It is not as if anyone is going to object no matter how bigoted your views. Moreover, the more violent you get, the more your lot will blame me for your words.

Amuse.

The economic use of vocabulary was a deliberate way of deducing your nationality. Messing with your mind is way too easy to be enjoyable. I prefer to sit back normally and watch you cement your status as the high priest holy f*ck nuggetedom whilst conversing with the great people who are here.

Whenever Japan is mentioned you coil up into your hissing paranoid snake mode and bite more than normal. Now, please excuse me whilst I wash my MX-5 and polish my Yamaha. (I have a deep appreciation of all things mechanically Japanese, I just think their F1 drivers have been sh!ttier than a pile of horse manure. I'm sure it's something in the genes; a deep seated irrationality and an inability to act in a refrained manner when put under pressure).

No, maybe one or two races just for the morbo but who care about a series without the best teams. they will really be world champions without Renault, BMW, Toyotaa nd ferrari even if Mecca stay what will be their champ credentials.... I beat force india? lola? and USGP? wow big deal.

Only the best teams can make the best race serial.

Mario

My thoughts exactly.

The best teams with the best cars and the best drivers competing in the most cut-throat racing series is what give/gave Grand Prix racing its appeal.

Without the best/pinnacle appeal they're just another open wheel series that nobody cares about like F3/F2/GP2/IRL/SF/A1 GP.

If they (BGP, Toyota, Williams, Toro Rosso, Force India...) produce a good competition as it used to be many years ago with a lot of customer teams then I would watch it.

If Ferrari, Renault, Mercedes and BMW say goodbye because a small man thinks F1 is his business toy then I wouldn't watch it.

We're in the second scenario at the moment.

Now, please excuse me whilst I wash my MX-5 and polish my Yamaha. (I have a deep appreciation of all things mechanically Japanese, I just think their F1 drivers have been sh!ttier than a pile of horse manure. I'm sure it's something in the genes; a deep seated irrationality and an inability to act in a refrained manner when put under pressure).
Very true!