Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HandyNZL

Will You Watch?

2010 - will you watch?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. If Ferrari, Renault, RBR, STR, BMW and Toyota not enter for 2010, will you tune in in 2010?

• Yes
    • No

The team that hires a black jewish woman as driver for next season will win the championship... if F1 continues as it is.
Do tell what's wrong with the Japanese. It is not as if anyone is going to object no matter how bigoted your views. Moreover, the more violent you get, the more your lot will blame me for your words.

:eusa_think:

That would like watching Indy 2005 Mclaren winning everything single day, we'll be just waiting for a day when they will have both cars out o the race to see who will inherit the fisrt place, Mclaren will be champions in May every year.

It would be funnier, if the new teams actually beat Mclaren in that scenerio. Like Brawn is doing right now. So they supported a series and are being beaten in it by "newbies" :P

My thoughts exactly.

The best teams with the best cars and the best drivers competing in the most cut-throat racing series is what give/gave Grand Prix racing its appeal.

Without the best/pinnacle appeal they're just another open wheel series that nobody cares about like F3/F2/GP2/IRL/SF/A1 GP.

Yup. have to agree with DOF...

I just think their F1 drivers have been sh!ttier than a pile of horse manure. I'm sure it's something in the genes; a deep seated irrationality and an inability to act in a refrained manner when put under pressure).

:D

...shhh, don't mention the war - I did once, but think I got away with it :D

It would be funnier, if the new teams actually beat Mclaren in that scenerio. Like Brawn is doing right now. So they supported a series and are being beaten in it by "newbies" :P

For all intents and purposes except BE's mon(k)ey business, BGP is Honda - not a newbie.

I've watched Indy 2005...from start to finish.

I can't be too picky after that.

:lol:

I voted yes

I want to see how bad it was and I bet my interest on F1 will slowly fade away

And I will probably did not notice that I have actually stop watching lolz

Yep that's my view too.Happened to me with SBK and with GP2.The problem is that F1 is quite more addictive,and only a really crappy show would make me quit.

If your loved one became fat, you would still love her, wouldn't you? I wouldn't, but I'm still gonna watch F1, whatever bast*rdised form it comes in.

:lol:

The economic use of vocabulary was a deliberate way of deducing your nationality. Messing with your mind is way too easy to be enjoyable. I prefer to sit back normally and watch you cement your status as the high priest holy f*ck nuggetedom whilst conversing with the great people who are here.

Whenever Japan is mentioned you coil up into your hissing paranoid snake mode and bite more than normal. Now, please excuse me whilst I wash my MX-5 and polish my Yamaha. (I have a deep appreciation of all things mechanically Japanese, I just think their F1 drivers have been sh!ttier than a pile of horse manure. I'm sure it's something in the genes; a deep seated irrationality and an inability to act in a refrained manner when put under pressure).

:o:lol::lol:

My thoughts exactly.

The best teams with the best cars and the best drivers competing in the most cut-throat racing series is what give/gave Grand Prix racing its appeal.

Without the best/pinnacle appeal they're just another open wheel series that nobody cares about like F3/F2/GP2/IRL/SF/A1 GP.

This season is awesome and everyone's watching, so I think your opinions are null and void, because you despise the current rules. This year's F1 is awesome. I am awesome. You are not awesome. The Japs are not awesome. They started the war. Dribbler is awesome because I think he recommended Elbow. Elbow is a crap name for a group though, hard to make friends listen to someone called elbow :S

This season is awesome and everyone's watching, so I think your opinions are null and void, because you despise the current rules. This year's F1 is awesome. I am awesome. You are not awesome. The Japs are not awesome. They started the war. Dribbler is awesome because I think he recommended Elbow. Elbow is a crap name for a group though, hard to make friends listen to someone called elbow :S

Mark my words unless the popular teams and drivers don't get on the podium soon, the ratings are gonna down.

Without manufacturers like Ferrari and Co. F1 is will be just a second-class/second-hand series.

Mark my words unless the popular teams and drivers don't get on the podium soon, the ratings are gonna down.

Without manufacturers like Ferrari and Co. F1 is will be just a second-class/second-hand series.

Agree.

Bernie/Mosley wanted a big circus, not true racing.

So did the manufacturers, which couldn't care less about sport. They want to sell cars, that's what they do.

They aren't discussing whether to have a circus or a true sport. They are just arguing who will be the ringmaster and which clowns do we get to laugh at. Don't expect any more than that.

For all intents and purposes except BE's mon(k)ey business, BGP is Honda - not a newbie.

I meant if they get beaten by new teams like Lola/ USGP and the others applied to join.. Brawn does have an advantage with the millions Honda has poured in, so they have too many resources built up, just mismanaged earlier...

I think he was being sacarstic....

So did the manufacturers, which couldn't care less about sport. They want to sell cars, that's what they do.

They aren't discussing whether to have a circus or a true sport. They are just arguing who will be the ringmaster and which clowns do we get to laugh at. Don't expect any more than that.

That's just horribly cynical and accurate.

Next year????, I 'm not watching this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But you still feel obliged to come ehre and tell us? We don't care :) Don't let the door hit you. You're missing a great season.

Very wrong. Nobody gets car sales from F1. Ferrari is out of reach anyhow, but I never felt urged to buy Peugeot because they did well in WRC or Renault because they were WCC adn WDC in 2005-6.

They are primarily doing research and building company image like Red Bull.

Very wrong. Nobody gets car sales from F1. Ferrari is out of reach anyhow, but I never felt urged to buy Peugeot because they did well in WRC or Renault because they were WCC adn WDC in 2005-6.

They are primarily doing research and building company image like Red Bull.

Bought a Red Bull the other day.

It kept charging at itself.

Since F1 in any given season is, at best, a race between two teams and the other 10 or so just make up the numbers for the bottom of the points, I don't have a problem with what teams are there, as long as there is some close racing. Lets face it, right now Renault, Toyota, BWM are just making up the numbers. I get annoyed that people feel F1 needs Ferrari. For a good chunk of the 1980s and 1990s Ferrari were a waste of space on the grid anyway. I miss teams like Benetton, Ligier, Tyrell & Lotus & Sauber, they carried the sport for years, and yet people kept watching after they dissapeared. Sadly many where bought out or forced to close up shop when the car companies burst onto the scene with blown out budgets, the same companies doing all the crying about the budget cap now. I welcome their withdrawal, they will come crawling back when it suits them, as lomg as F1 remains at the top of the racing pile. I can't see it losing that place.

Since F1 in any given season is, at best, a race between two teams and the other 10 or so just make up the numbers for the bottom of the points, I don't have a problem with what teams are there, as long as there is some close racing. Lets face it, right now Renault, Toyota, BWM are just making up the numbers. I get annoyed that people feel F1 needs Ferrari. For a good chunk of the 1980s and 1990s Ferrari were a waste of space on the grid anyway. I miss teams like Benetton, Ligier, Tyrell & Lotus & Sauber, they carried the sport for years, and yet people kept watching after they dissapeared. Sadly many where bought out or forced to close up shop when the car companies burst onto the scene with blown out budgets, the same companies doing all the crying about the budget cap now. I welcome their withdrawal, they will come crawling back when it suits them, as lomg as F1 remains at the top of the racing pile. I can't see it losing that place.

Depends how manufacturers will play it. They certainly have money to outdevelop indpendants, so some manufacturers run series might be more attractive than F1 turning into M1 series with so many spec cars.

I would prefer that they reach agreement but I do not see that it is likely to happen.

Everyone can brace and say Ferrari is not important, McM is not important, F1 is bigger than any of the teams... All of that is bulls##t. Only two teams on the current grid have significant number of supporters are McM and Ferrari. Losing any of those removes a lot of audience. (Losing McM is a bit better than losing Ferrari, because British can switch to other team, e.g. BGP, but Italians do not have anything else but Ferrari.) Audience (marketing exposure) is something that pays the bills in F1.

People often think that if Ferrari left F1 so would all their fans. Ferrari like people to believe this too and spread the idea as far and wide as they can. I tend to disagree - some would leave certainly, but no where near all. Many were F1 fans first and then chose ferrari - not the other way around. Many are too young to respect the Ferrari heritage before the Schumi years and have already lost interest. The vast majority would find another team to support unless Ferrari entered into another racing series which matches the number of races per season (giving them their fortnightly fix) and is similar enough to the F1 format to keep them happy. There currently is no series like that. If Ferrari moved to LeMans, sure F1 would loose some fans and LeMans would gain some, but not too many. It's the pleasure of watching Ferrari cars racing in the F1 circus that keeps their fans happy, not Ferrari alone. Some fans would also cease watching Ferrari and F1 - but again - only a few.

Ferrari like to think they command some huge loyal hoard - but I'd call their bluff.

Not that I disagree with their stance here - I actually support the FOTA in their stance against Max. It's just that there are other reasons for them to stay in F1 and for Max to listen to what they are saying, not this false argument of 'if Ferrari goes so do half the viewing audience'.

More of the viewing audience will leave if Max get's his rule changes regardless of Ferrari's 2010 entry or departure.

I couldn't care less if the manufacturers leave. Good riddance to them.

In fact I'm quite surprised that so many people who claim to miss "real" racing are complaining about the possible departure of the most corporate and cynical group of people in F1. All the car companies do is provide the money, most of which is totally unnecessary. The people who count- the designers, strategists, team principles etc- will just be sucked up by other teams. If that means the cars aren't colored red/silver/hideousorangeandyellow then so what. We might even get a few less races decided by court decisions.

You'll all watch as well. It's just your signature will be different given your new allegiance. Given the economy I'd guess something like:

BLAIN & PROSSER BANKRUPTY AND INSOLVENCY FIRM GP 4 EVA!!!!!!!!

People often think that if Ferrari left F1 so would all their fans. Ferrari like people to believe this too and spread the idea as far and wide as they can. I tend to disagree - some would leave certainly, but no where near all. Many were F1 fans first and then chose ferrari - not the other way around. Many are too young to respect the Ferrari heritage before the Schumi years and have already lost interest. The vast majority would find another team to support unless Ferrari entered into another racing series which matches the number of races per season (giving them their fortnightly fix) and is similar enough to the F1 format to keep them happy. There currently is no series like that. If Ferrari moved to LeMans, sure F1 would loose some fans and LeMans would gain some, but not too many. It's the pleasure of watching Ferrari cars racing in the F1 circus that keeps their fans happy, not Ferrari alone. Some fans would also cease watching Ferrari and F1 - but again - only a few.

Ferrari like to think they command some huge loyal hoard - but I'd call their bluff.

Not that I disagree with their stance here - I actually support the FOTA in their stance against Max. It's just that there are other reasons for them to stay in F1 and for Max to listen to what they are saying, not this false argument of 'if Ferrari goes so do half the viewing audience'.

More of the viewing audience will leave if Max get's his rule changes regardless of Ferrari's 2010 entry or departure.

Well I am one of the few, then.

Well I am one of the few, then.

if all the rules remain the exactly same but ferrari decide to leave anyway and then you leave because of that - then yes I think you're in the minority.

if Max get's his rule changes/cap et al, ferrari decide to leave and you leave too, then I think you'll have plenty of company - me included.

in short - yes and no. ;)

if all the rules remain the exactly same but ferrari decide to leave anyway and then you leave because of that - then yes I think you're in the minority.

if Max get's his rule changes/cap et al, ferrari decide to leave and you leave too, then I think you'll have plenty of company - me included.

in short - yes and no. ;)

I still don't get the Ferrari-mania, maybe I've just got old and cynical :)

For me, it would be a shame if they left but I really don't see how one team can have such a hold, especially when they don't have the best drivers, management or the best cars. OK, so during the Schui era they had all three, but before and since - hmmmm

I would not shed a tear if they left, not because I hate them, I don't. I just don't see what the big deal is. They're just another team. History? Ah Schmistory!

I don't like that Ferrari have secret vetos and get paid more than the others - this gives them an unfair advantage.

I do like the idea of more teams on the grid. I like the idea of freedom to innovate. F1 in its current form is unsustainable and it is only a matter of time before one of more manufacturers leave which makes a mockery of the grid. So whilst the FIA are still a bunch of @