Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HandyNZL

Will You Watch?

2010 - will you watch?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. If Ferrari, Renault, RBR, STR, BMW and Toyota not enter for 2010, will you tune in in 2010?

• Yes
    • No

Regular, cola or sugar free??

Regular. With real sugar. None of that cyanide forming nutrasweet stuff.

We don't get the cola here (yet)....but no doubt, just a matter of time.

I still don't get the Ferrari-mania, maybe I've just got old and cynical :)

For me, it would be a shame if they left but I really don't see how one team can have such a hold, especially when they don't have the best drivers, management or the best cars. OK, so during the Schui era they had all three, but before and since - hmmmm

I would not shed a tear if they left, not because I hate them, I don't. I just don't see what the big deal is. They're just another team. History? Ah Schmistory!

I don't like that Ferrari have secret vetos and get paid more than the others - this gives them an unfair advantage.

I do like the idea of more teams on the grid. I like the idea of freedom to innovate. F1 in its current form is unsustainable and it is only a matter of time before one of more manufacturers leave which makes a mockery of the grid. So whilst the FIA are still a bunch of @

Manufacturers come, manufacturers go. I won't miss them. All they bring is profligacy.

I don't mind the current proposals at all.

The fact the current proposals and the way they were brought about is driving away a team like Ferrari, whose commitment to Formula One is unmatched, is the real issue here.

I think this is more to do with governance and a fair slice of the pie. The only major thing that's wrong with the proposals is the way they are being implemented (ie bulldozed), not what they contain, I say.

Regular. With real sugar. None of that cyanide forming nutrasweet stuff.

We don't get the cola here (yet)....but no doubt, just a matter of time.

Cola is nice, very overpriced tho!

And banned in several countries........

I know only for Germany.

Agree with everything apart from the red

I'm sorry, but I don't think the current proposals will make F1 better at all

Ah if you read what I wrote: I said "the end result of this process" not "the current proposals".

Max has done has done his usual bull-at-a-gate thing and the end result is inevitable - Max will back down a bit and the teams will end up supporting modified proposals.

The end result has to be better - less spending, more teams, more technical freedom, more money for the teams, change in governance.

How they get there - ah yes, now that is another question entirely.

I couldn't care less if the manufacturers leave. Good riddance to them.

In fact I'm quite surprised that so many people who claim to miss "real" racing are complaining about the possible departure of the most corporate and cynical group of people in F1. All the car companies do is provide the money, most of which is totally unnecessary. The people who count- the designers, strategists, team principles etc- will just be sucked up by other teams. If that means the cars aren't colored red/silver/hideousorangeandyellow then so what. We might even get a few less races decided by court decisions.

You'll all watch as well. It's just your signature will be different given your new allegiance. Given the economy I'd guess something like:

BLAIN & PROSSER BANKRUPTY AND INSOLVENCY FIRM GP 4 EVA!!!!!!!!

Yup. Always ridiculous how people put their faith in the manufacturers due to their blind hatred for Mosley and Bernie. Doesn't anyone remember the GPWC farce? It's the same all over again, except Ferrari is on the other side, so there might be more compromises extracted. There isn't going to be an alternative manufacturer run series. Ever. Thank heavens for that.