Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dribbler

You Heard It Here First

I can't believe I'm posting this tabloid-esque story telling, but if it all comes out later and it turns out to be true, you heard it here first.

So, I'm in the barber's this morning, getting my not inconsiderable mop trimmed into respectability. The barber says "So, got any plans this weekend?" I reply that my Monaco live viewing will be interupted by a most inconvenient requirement for my attendance at a christening.

"Oh, F1? Why is it that all the crap teams are doing well this year then?" he asked.

I gave that sort of humph in reply that was a mixture of 'you clearly don't watch, can I bothered to explain to you?' that he must of picked up on because he threw this little jem into the mix that was quite unexpected;

"Of course, you know the real reason why Ron Dennis left McLaren, don't you? he asked.

I thought about going into the whole sorry tale of McLaren's recent misdemeanours whilst offering my own take and support for Ron. In the end I thought a simple "No?" was easier for this very occasional viewer.

"Well, I cut the hair of an Autosport journalist. Have done for many years. Kind of got to know him quite well really. He told me recently that he knows for a fact that Ron divorced Lisa Dennis and got out of McLaren because she was having an affair with Anthony Hamilton".

Discuss, if you can be bothered. I'm off to the stupid christening.

Wow. Just..wow. If it's true. I guess we'll never know.

omg. i love f1. hahahahahha i hope there's not a video of that... urgh.

Hahahahah, sounds interesting enough... even if just to have a laugh. Don't wish that to my worst enemy though XDDD

I don't believe it, but alas, what can you believe nowdays

Ron Dennis having an affair with Anthony Hamilton, I can understand but this is sensational!

I can't believe I'm posting this tabloid-esque story telling, but if it all comes out later and it turns out to be true, you heard it here first.

So, I'm in the barber's this morning, getting my not inconsiderable mop trimmed into respectability. The barber says "So, got any plans this weekend?" I reply that my Monaco live viewing will be interupted by a most inconvenient requirement for my attendance at a christening.

"Oh, F1? Why is it that all the crap teams are doing well this year then?" he asked.

I gave that sort of humph in reply that was a mixture of 'you clearly don't watch, can I bothered to explain to you?' that he must of picked up on because he threw this little jem into the mix that was quite unexpected;

"Of course, you know the real reason why Ron Dennis left McLaren, don't you? he asked.

I thought about going into the whole sorry tale of McLaren's recent misdemeanours whilst offering my own take and support for Ron. In the end I thought a simple "No?" was easier for this very occasional viewer.

"Well, I cut the hair of an Autosport journalist. Have done for many years. Kind of got to know him quite well really. He told me recently that he knows for a fact that Ron divorced Lisa Dennis and got out of McLaren because she was having an affair with Anthony Hamilton".

Discuss, if you can be bothered. I'm off to the stupid christening.

:lol:

A journalist knowing something like that and not selling it to any tabloid magazine? Sure...

So how'd the haircut work out once you stopped laughing?

I started crying.

Hilarious story. As for discussing it, I think it's right that you went to your kid's christening.

It'll be Hakkinen's wife and Bernie Ecclestone next week.