Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Jenson Buttmacher

Jenson didn't do too well last year, but he has a consistently good driving record, with BAR in 2004 for example or his race win in Hungary.

Well I have been told Alonso is so good he actually improves cars until they become the best car - that he is superhuman and superengineer. Now people insist he is merely superhuman, instead of improving the car he merely outdrives it.

I don't think either is doing a better job. Alonso I don't know, he seems to be chipping away in the midfield, but because of Piquet we really have no benchmark to compare against. Lewis on the other hand was horrible this weekend. And I love Spa, but I think Monaco is the driver's circuit - if you can't do well here, you can make no claims to being great. Remember how Schumacher showed that it is possible to overtake in Monaco, and his teammate in the same race showed it isn't just the car..

I disagree with some facts about Button....But his car was that bad last season for us to expect anything from him anyways. In my opinion RB clearly outperformed Jenson that year.

But this year his car and rules suit his style, which is going to make him unbeatable for a long time this season. Rubens must adapt his driving style a bit now and then if he needs to stay in touch with Button. I wonder if drivers on the agressive side....like Alonso and Lewis would have been able to be as consistent as Jenson if they had quick cars....anyways I am sure they would find their way out of situations....which is why they are world champs....

I am sure you will be making another awsome thread about a different driver next season if F1 survives. Jenson may be able to break the record for maximum poles or wins for a single season, but I don't expect him to carry on like this for the next season, as I did warn everyone last season itself that Lewis won't be winning the way he did last season because of their focus on the world championship. But I admit I didn't expect Mclarens to be this slow. Contrary to what many belive I think many so called top teams will only get slower and Brawns will keep pulling away by the end of this season because they will give up of this season and shift their focus on next season, just like how some teams who are doing well now did last season..

However I agree about Alonso! :D It reminds me of the days when I never used to finish more than 2nd in 100mt race in my boarding school where competition was tough, and later put in a school for geeks in my home town and trashed the school records for 100, 200 and 400 in just one evening practice.......and found myself busy giving my phone number... :P Alonso is doing just that....not that he is not a top driver, even I could buttmacher Nelson Bequiet! :P

What a difference a few months make!

Indeed. In fact, let's see how the season ends...

Truly amusing to see how you single out others when you yourself didn't expect Jenson to do so well...as if you wer singing songs about Jenson last season.

Of course, you lie and, for the amusment it gives me, I thank you.

See my past posts on the subject of Button.

This is proof that many drivers on the grid would be capable of winning if they would have good car.

Well. It depends how good (above the rest) the car is. But sure, the differences between drivers are not as great as the "awesome" crowd is trying to make themselves believe...

Yup. People like you and me have always praised Button despite all the doubters... I feel like I've been in the pits just as much as Jenson all these years when Honda failed to produce a car worthy of our talents and loyalty.

Hug?

It's either now or never.

Alternatively, make your other cheek available.

:lol: You have foot in mouth disease don't you :D

Read this - http://www.totalf1.com/forums/index.php?sh...;hl=button+good

Rather prescient don't you think, even if I do say so myself, I make it 15 out of 15, or 14 I guess the jury's still out on Trulli.

And you still believe you are the center of the world, don't you?

Ok, then. Because contradiction man thinks highly of Button, no one ever, ever, ever in the pre-, present, and post-history of F1 has, does, or will put forth anything other than outmost praise for Button, every day, every second of every day, every...

Amusing child, you are.

Valid point made in your usual unique way :P

Get your foot out of Cavallino's mouth... or not.

After all, he must have foreseen it (as he seems compelled to claim that he foresees it all) and made suitable arrangements.

Of course we all know who lie and for the amusement it gives us, we thank you for your jokes.

Have seen your posts on subject of almost everything. Gives me the impression that you are one of them who jumps branch to branch when the branch you are holding on to looks like its going to break and leap to the next tree where the fruits appear to be bigger but after you bite it you find out its been poisoned and then jump back to the tree where you first leaped from but on the midway you remember that branch looked like it was going to break so you hesistate to hold that branch and fall on the branch underneath and hit your testicles so hard on it, they come out through your mouth then disappear for few weeks quitely resting then come back and carry on the same clown stuff.

Poor Rubens played supporting role again, he was told to stall Kimi for as long as possible. As soon as Kimi went to pit, his lap time improved.

Seems that Rubens' check got bigger so it is easier to swallow that he is going to retire as perfect supporting driver with absolutely no chance in winning WDC although he was most often driving the fastest car (years in Ferrari and now BGP). :)

not sure that's true - when driving defensively any driver's lap times suffer. once kimi pitted, barichello could concentrate on lapping fast rather than blocking any overtaking line kimi might try.

I agree about Jenson's consistency and superbjob, and his smooth driving style played the most....good of him...

But i disagree with what you say about other people in good cars this year. The only team who have consistently produced good cars are Brawns....rest of the teams just showed flash of improvement and disappeared in the next GP. Its not because of their drivers.

agree

Truly amusing to see how many posters NOW praise Button when not long ago not a single one of them would've spat on Button even if he was on fire...

when a driver+car does well, it's quite normal to applaud their efforts.

when a driver+car is not doing well, it's difficult to be impressed.

being a non-partisan F1 follower I find this quite natural.

I don't think that button is the best driver on the grid, but in the brawn he's obviously something to contend with.

I don't see anyone harping on about how amazing sutil is right now, but if he's winning next year, you can bet others and myself will be impressed.

what I find unnatural is a desire to paint every winning combo as cheats or claim there is some kind of fix going on without any proof or indication of any such thing.

I just find that bitter.

when a driver+car does well, it's quite normal to applaud their efforts.

when a driver+car is not doing well, it's difficult to be impressed.

being a non-partisan F1 follower I find this quite natural.

I don't think that button is the best driver on the grid, but in the brawn he's obviously something to contend with.

I don't see anyone harping on about how amazing sutil is right now, but if he's winning next year, you can bet others and myself will be impressed.

what I find unnatural is a desire to paint every winning combo as cheats or claim there is some kind of fix going on without any proof or indication of any such thing.

I just find that bitter.

agree

not sure that's true - when driving defensively any driver's lap times suffer. once kimi pitted, barichello could concentrate on lapping fast rather than blocking any overtaking line kimi might try.

I am not sure either but Brawn + Rubens makes me suspicious ;) They have common history of such things.

I am not sure either but Brawn + Rubens makes me suspicious ;) They have common history of such things.

:lol: ....got to take that point too Adam...

true true - certainly not impossible. I'm not convinced either way yet. Button doesn't seem to need any help from Brawn + Rubens just yet.

:lol: ....got to take that point too Adam...

agree ;)

:lol:

No. 3 actually happened, I think it was Monaco 2005. Rubens got passed on the last lap for 6th I think it was. The videos showed it was as clean as they come. That's why I never take Rubens seriously. Apparently he complained about seat belts after the Monaco race.

I disagree with some facts about Button....But his car was that bad last season for us to expect anything from him anyways. In my opinion RB clearly outperformed Jenson that year.

I didn't really follow F1 closely last year, would be interesting if someone can summarize Button vs Barrichello for me.

But this year his car and rules suit his style,

Come on, that's just bollocks we hear year after year. If you can't make the car suit you, you aren't good enough as a driver. It's a very lame excuse for losing to your teammate. Rubens is slower. If he would for once accept that fact in good humour my respect for him would increase tenfold.

However I agree about Alonso! :D It reminds me of the days when I never used to finish more than 2nd in 100mt race in my boarding school where competition was tough, and later put in a school for geeks in my home town and trashed the school records for 100, 200 and 400 in just one evening practice.......and found myself busy giving my phone number... :P Alonso is doing just that....not that he is not a top driver, even I could buttmacher Nelson Bequiet! :P

Yes, I mean every race we have to go 'oh wow incredible he got that dog of a car in the top ten, oh wow he got two points'. But how good is the car? We have no idea because he can't put up with a decent teammate.

Over 6 years Ferrari favoured MS over RB a mere handful of times, the impact is grossly exaggerated by most.

Over 6 years Ferrari favoured MS over RB a mere handful of times, the impact is grossly exaggerated by most.

It is exaggerated, but that is the catch. Once you agree to play the game of team orders you always make people suspicious even in the cleanest of all situations. You can never wash that shadow of doubt over your motives and actions.

LH might have same problem. Any time he faces steward for any stupid thing in the near future, his words would inevitabely have less credibility than, for instance, Seb Vettel's. Just because he was caught once. It is human nature; does not have anything to do with rationality.

No. 3 actually happened, I think it was Monaco 2005. Rubens got passed on the last lap for 6th I think it was. The videos showed it was as clean as they come. That's why I never take Rubens seriously. Apparently he complained about seat belts after the Monaco race.

I didn't really follow F1 closely last year, would be interesting if someone can summarize Button vs Barrichello for me.

Come on, that's just bollocks we hear year after year. If you can't make the car suit you, you aren't good enough as a driver. It's a very lame excuse for losing to your teammate. Rubens is slower. If he would for once accept that fact in good humour my respect for him would increase tenfold.

Yes, I mean every race we have to go 'oh wow incredible he got that dog of a car in the top ten, oh wow he got two points'. But how good is the car? We have no idea because he can't put up with a decent teammate.

You got me wrong on that Cav....Button has the reputation for being one of the smoothest drivers...if not..THE smoothest driver...back when traction controls were being used, commentators did notice they hardly heard a a sound or saw the light beep. I am not saying...hey....Button is winning because the car suits him....nope......I am saying that he is able to use the rules to his advantage now....more than before, last season he was complaining he couldn't warm his tyres and the car didn't suit his driving style....If you checked the driver's standings you will know how much lead Barichello gave to Button by the end of the season.. there was even talks of Brawn not so impressed with Button...This year the car and rules do suit him...there is no hiding and its no excuse...just like how other drivers had their good times.some drivers won at the cost of other's misfortunes....its his good time...everything has fallen in to its place....what I really appretiate from him is the patience he showed towards the Honda team, honestly I never ever expected Jenson to perform even half as much as he is doing right now...

At the way it looks now, Fisi to win most of the next races but not WDC!

I doubt they were from 6 months ago!

Last year Button was certainly not at his best. IMO he wasn't trying as much as he should have done, they gave up on the car before the season was even really under way, so did Button. Brawn said himself though that he saw flashes of brilliance.

Once the team was under threat he seemed to re-realise his passion. It was a kick up the arse (sorry) he needed and since then his attitude has improved a lot.

Yes he is a smooth driver, but to say the rules / car just suit him is a rather simplistic view. He won in Spain because he altered his 'style' for the race to what was required. If he hadn't there is a chance that he would not have had that victory. Every driver must adapt.

I would also argue that the car may suit him more because he gives better feedback and can adapt better. Even Rubens knows it's a fine straw to clutch.

Q: (Laurentzi Garmendia -- Berria) Rubens, do you think the car suits Jenson more than you and is there a particular track where you think you can have the edge over him?

RB: At the beginning of the season I think the car suited him a little bit more, especially given the problems that I've been having with the rear brakes being too hot. I had to run without the wheel covers and he could run with them. But since the upgrade in Barcelona, it came a little bit my way and it has helped me very much. I'm in the game pretty much. I think the car will suit me in Turkey, Silverstone... no, it can suit me anywhere. I don't think that a good driver can say I'm not doing well because the car is not suitable for me. If you're good enough, you just have to adapt to the car and that's it. It could come your way a little bit and could go away from you a little bit but at the end of the day you have to adapt to it and that's it.

>

^ My money is on Ross Brawn, not on Button. Button is a fast driver, but that's it. Brawn is the one who went to him and told him, we need to talk.

I'd give him a 2005 Renault and watch him understeer it into the grass. :D

>

^ My money is on Ross Brawn, not on Button. Button is a fast driver, but that's it. Brawn is the one who went to him and told him, we need to talk.

>

This year Jense seems MSC. Why? Because he is cruising to WDC with no serius competition. I think the real caliber of a driver shows no when he has a good o bad car in hands but he must compete with similar performance packages of another team(s) Examples? 2005, 2006, 2007and 2008 seasons decided at the very end. We saw some mistakes due to pressure, to reach limits, etc. Today F1 is not a real measure of Jense potencial as is not real measure of Webber potencial, considering both a very good drivers. In other hand is enough to see Rubens potencial...

For example Mansell never reached WDc when he must compete with similar machinery/performance with Prost, Senna or Piquet Sr. even he was very close. Ony when he had no competition was WDC. He was prone to erros and very good car destroyer. Not to mention his fitness was very poor...

Strange though that he worked so hard on his fitness in the winter of 1991, to give him the platform for 1992.

Not sure why he is considered a car destroyer. I remember him more as a driver who got results out of a car that the car should not get.

Had Bernie had his way with the medals, Mansell would have won three titles so he's not that shoddy.

Strange though that he worked so hard on his fitness in the winter of 1991, to give him the platform for 1992.

Not sure why he is considered a car destroyer. I remember him more as a driver who got results out of a car that the car should not get.

Had Bernie had his way with the medals, Mansell would have won three titles so he's not that shoddy.

I remember his faint near the chequered flag after pushing his out of fuel Lotus in a hot race... if you check it vs. jenson running out of the car the way to the podium...

Regarding the medal and the WDC if i drive look like Brad Pitt I would pick up more girls! Facts: no medals only points; he is the fourth winning driver in F1 history with only one WDC; Lauda, Piquet and Brabham won 3 wdc with less GP won. He needed to wait untill a bullet proof and a lap per GP faster than the others Williams fell in his hands to win the tittle.

Yeah. I dunno why Mansell has such a following, even outside Britain. He was passionate, but not blindingly fast, it seems to me.

Truly amusing to see how many posters NOW praise Button when not long ago not a single one of them would've spat on Button even if he was on fire...

Well theres nothing wrong with giving praise when its due.

I must admit I never rated Button that highly... but theres nothing wrong in getting proved wrong either. He has impressed me this season, yes he's had a very good car but, he's been driving excellently especially having so many season at the back of the field and not knowing whether he'd even be racing this year a few months ago. I'll give credit where credit is due. But i still want Vettel to win the championship ;)

Though the boy needs to improve his race craft and iron out those mistakes.

One thing i'm worried about is the fact that how long can this run continue on for? Surely something will change? If Button can keep this up until the end of the season then i'll consider him one of the best. But has he really been under any serious pressure this season? We'll see i guess but Ferrari are catching, and their catching quickly.

One thing i'm worried about is the fact that how long can this run continue on for? Surely something will change? If Button can keep this up until the end of the season then i'll consider him one of the best. But has he really been under any serious pressure this season? We'll see i guess but Ferrari are catching, and their catching quickly.

Ya...Ferrari are catching Redbull, I don't know, they cannot be consistent at all, Mclarens may abandon this season and concentrate on the next season, Bmw...who knows...Toyota, well can they be as fast as they say they are? Renault...I am sure Alonso will make few noise before they do something to make their cars faster.

Button will build a comfortable gap and let Mclarens(may be)and Redbulls and Ferrari fight for the second spot while cruise for the title.