Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Jenson Buttmacher

Haha it is funny to watch Barrichello getting Schumachered again :D There are good drivers and there are awesome drivers. Button is awesome. Exemplary tyre management and pacing. Vettel - so young, so fast, but still so much to learn. Buemi Piquet-ed Piquet :D

Poor Rubens played supporting role again, he was told to stall Kimi for as long as possible. As soon as Kimi went to pit, his lap time improved.

Seems that Rubens' check got bigger so it is easier to swallow that he is going to retire as perfect supporting driver with absolutely no chance in winning WDC although he was most often driving the fastest car (years in Ferrari and now BGP). :)

Poor Rubens played supporting role again, he was told to stall Kimi for as long as possible.

Why do you say this?

Personally I think Jenson did a superb job, as he has every race this year. As Cav says, his consistency is amazing, in stark contrast to all the other people in good cars this year...

Why do you say this?

Personally I think Jenson did a superb job, as he has every race this year. As Cav says, his consistency is amazing, in stark contrast to all the other people in good cars this year...

I agree about Jenson's consistency and superbjob, and his smooth driving style played the most....good of him...

But i disagree with what you say about other people in good cars this year. The only team who have consistently produced good cars are Brawns....rest of the teams just showed flash of improvement and disappeared in the next GP. Its not because of their drivers.

:lol:

Well, it's rare that you get me saying it's all down the drivers... but when a Brit does well, I can't help it. :P

Seriously, though, I do think Button is dominating because of his driving - at least as much as anyone usually does in F1. Rubens has made a mess of the same car, Vettel has crashed out of 3/6 races so far and in 2 of the others he squandered the fastest car while Jenson overtook people (including Vettel!) to win, and Webber has been his usual unremarkable self. The Toyotas have been quick on many occasions but it's asking far too much of Trulli that he score some regular points, and Glock isn't any better. The Ferraris have been pretty quick at many races and thrown it all away. Alonso's not managed much and even Hamilton has failed to consistently outperform his car. Jenson is surely proving his few doubters wrong.

Barichello was/is "schumachered" because he's not as good as those who are "schumachering" him. Never was, never will be it's as simple as that.

Truly amusing to see how many posters NOW praise Button when not long ago not a single one of them would've spat on Button even if he was on fire...

Well, it's rare that you get me saying it's all down the drivers... but when a Brit does well, I can't help it. :P

Seriously, though, I do think Button is dominating because of his driving - at least as much as anyone usually does in F1. Rubens has made a mess of the same car, Vettel has crashed out of 3/6 races so far and in 2 of the others he squandered the fastest car while Jenson overtook people (including Vettel!) to win, and Webber has been his usual unremarkable self. The Toyotas have been quick on many occasions but it's asking far too much of Trulli that he score some regular points, and Glock isn't any better. The Ferraris have been pretty quick at many races and thrown it all away. Alonso's not managed much and even Hamilton has failed to consistently outperform his car. Jenson is surely proving his few doubters wrong.

No driver has consistently outperformed his car and you cant expect them to do so.Jenson himself told that Lewis is actually doing a good job(before this race :D )....Where was Jenson with a crap car last year? did anyone expect him to do so well with a good car? (very few expected...even Ross admitted that in an interview) I didn't to be honest, I was expecting Barichello to trash him.

Drivers like Nando and Lewis are clearly driving the wheels off their cars but clearly they can't be consistently outperform because they are just Humans.

Rubens is driving his socks off but Jens is inspired and in the form of his life. It could last for another two or three seasons yet. Other teams need to scrap this season now and make the sacrifice Honda did to produce a GP winning car. It's clear it can't be done on the hoof under the present regs. The atmosphere here tonight is electric. Jens's jog from parc ferme to the Royal Box showed were his real strength lies - he wasn't even blowing! A strong body makes a strong mind - Schumacher's recipe.

Truly amusing to see how many posters NOW praise Button when not long ago not a single one of them would've spat on Button even if he was on fire...
What a difference a few months make!

Truly amusing to see how you single out others when you yourself didn't expect Jenson to do so well...as if you wer singing songs about Jenson last season.

Jenson used the same Merc engine for the past three races and won with it........ :o reliability!

Truly amusing to see how you single out others when you yourself didn't expect Jenson to do so well...as if you wer singing songs about Jenson last season.

This is proof that many drivers on the grid would be capable of winning if they would have good car.

This is proof that many drivers on the grid would be capable of winning if they would have good car.

while others are having not so good cars! :D

Yup. People like you and me have always praised Button despite all the doubters... I feel like I've been in the pits just as much as Jenson all these years when Honda failed to produce a car worthy of our talents and loyalty.

No driver has consistently outperformed his car and you cant expect them to do so.Jenson himself told that Lewis is actually doing a good job(before this race :D )....Where was Jenson with a crap car last year? did anyone expect him to do so well with a good car? (very few expected...even Ross admitted that in an interview) I didn't to be honest, I was expecting Barichello to trash him.

Drivers like Nando and Lewis are clearly driving the wheels off their cars but clearly they can't be consistently outperform because they are just Humans.

Nando and Lewis are doing better jobs than Button but they are the only two who come to mind. The others have all messed up and been out-driven pretty much every weekend. It's always the same - the winner in F1 is rarely the very best driver. If he's almost the best, you're doing better than usual.

Yup. People like you and me have always praised Button despite all the doubters... I feel like I've been in the pits just as much as Jenson all these years when Honda failed to produce a car worthy of our talents and loyalty.

Nando and Lewis are doing better jobs than Button but they are the only two who come to mind. The others have all messed up and been out-driven pretty much every weekend. It's always the same - the winner in F1 is rarely the very best driver. If he's almost the best, you're doing better than usual.

Its just a fluke Muzza that your predictions or whatever had worked..... :lol: ...Its easy for someone to support a good driver in an underperforming car and by some fluke he is driving the best car the following year and then claim....'see! I told ya!' :P

Hmm....Kimi did show some raw speed now and then....

:lol: You have foot in mouth disease don't you :D

Read this - http://www.totalf1.com/forums/index.php?sh...;hl=button+good

Rather prescient don't you think, even if I do say so myself, I make it 15 out of 15, or 14 I guess the jury's still out on Trulli.

It's amazing how wrong you can make a thread title...

+1 Agree :lol:

Why do you say this?

Yup. In this race, there was no evidence of team orders. Button just managed his tyres better I think.

So now your a Buttoneristic? DOF was right; you fanboys are so fickle :P

Valid point made in your usual unique way :P

It's amazing how wrong you can make a thread title...

Always glad to add to the F1 lexicon :D It can be a noun and a verb - Barrichello is regularly getting Buttmachered by Jenson Buttmacher.

Poor Rubens played supporting role again, he was told to stall Kimi for as long as possible. As soon as Kimi went to pit, his lap time improved.

Look at the lap time charts. Follow live timing. It tells you how good Button is more than anything else. Use your mind, look at the facts. Geez. Is it so hard.

No Schumachering against Rubens today.

Jenson just managed the tyres so much more better on the same strategy.

There are many ways of getting Schumachered by your teammate:

1) Being slightly ahead and feeling comfortable, sticking to your nice comfortable pit strategy and generally feeling comfortable and satiated only to suddenly find Schumacher ahead of you.

2) Being right behind Schumacher at the race start, but keeping up with him for a few laps, feeling rather good about it, thinking how you can sneak ahead only to realize that you shredded your tyres.

3) Having a mid grid car, not try too hard, actually get overtaken by Schumacher who does his best however bad or good the car might be and then whine about it post race claiming it is dangerous.

etc.

Jenson didn't do too well last year, but he has a consistently good driving record, with BAR in 2004 for example or his race win in Hungary.

Well I have been told Alonso is so good he actually improves cars until they become the best car - that he is superhuman and superengineer. Now people insist he is merely superhuman, instead of improving the car he merely outdrives it.

Rubens is driving his socks off but Jens is inspired and in the form of his life. It could last for another two or three seasons yet. Other teams need to scrap this season now and make the sacrifice Honda did to produce a GP winning car. It's clear it can't be done on the hoof under the present regs. The atmosphere here tonight is electric. Jens's jog from parc ferme to the Royal Box showed were his real strength lies - he wasn't even blowing! A strong body makes a strong mind - Schumacher's recipe.

Yep - you can see it in the metronomically consistent lap times when he's pushing.

I don't think either is doing a better job. Alonso I don't know, he seems to be chipping away in the midfield, but because of Piquet we really have no benchmark to compare against. Lewis on the other hand was horrible this weekend. And I love Spa, but I think Monaco is the driver's circuit - if you can't do well here, you can make no claims to being great. Remember how Schumacher showed that it is possible to overtake in Monaco, and his teammate in the same race showed it isn't just the car..

There are many ways of getting Schumachered by your teammate:

1) Being slightly ahead and feeling comfortable, sticking to your nice comfortable pit strategy and generally feeling comfortable and satiated only to suddenly find Schumacher ahead of you.

2) Being right behind Schumacher at the race start, but keeping up with him for a few laps, feeling rather good about it, thinking how you can sneak ahead only to realize that you shredded your tyres.

3) Having a mid grid car, not try too hard, actually get overtaken by Schumacher who does his best however bad or good the car might be and then whine about it post race claiming it is dangerous.

etc.