Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

monza gorilla

Williams Suspended From Fota

I think team Willy were caught between a rock and a hard place. No wriggle room at all. Is FOTA compromised? Discuss.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/75646

It was always obvious they would put an entry in because: racing is what they do; and they signed up to the F1 championship until 2012. They had to enter the championship. I just hope that they didn't go along with all the meetings in Monaco, and then go and put an entry in without telling any of the others, that would be disappointing.

Anyway, hopefully divide and conquer tactics won't prevail yet again.

FOTA a bunch of drama queens.........................

To be honest it is only a "temporary" suspension and I can't see that Williams are going to suffer as a result.

It is logical, it serves the purpose of excluding Williams from current negotiations since they made deal already and would be tempted to leak information about strategy and decisions FOTA have agreed on.

When these negotiations are settled Williams will be admitted back to FOTA with no permanent damage.

They'll be back and everything in the garden will smell of Max's aftershave.

And the outcome of this is what exactly.

I just don't get what the benefits of being a member of FOTA are.

10 coupons for a free Happy Meal on every Mcdonalds

2% discount in every photocopy store in the world (if you copy complete blueprints of other team you get a 3% discount)

1% discount in every oil company (if you own a F1 it will be 1.5%)

Etc. Etc. Etc.

It

temporary - it'll be water under bridge once this squabble is over.

symbolic - the other teams know williams' position and know they can't do anything else. williams' understand their positions too. no biggy.

..or, as it has happened before many times over, Williams (in this case) got something questionable out of FIA in exchange for their betrayal.

..or, as it has happened before many times over, Williams (in this case) got something questionable out of FIA in exchange for their betrayal.

Betrayal? You mean that Williams betrayed the people who are betraying? Who in turn and betraying the betrayers.....

All of these teams have a contract with FIA, remember, making them betrayers. Also Williams were too small and depend too heavily on F1 to do anything else.

F1 have betrayed the teams by firstly doing secret deals with Ferrari and secondly by ignoring their process for agreeing changes.

All in all its a bloody mess but to pick on Williams I think is a bit unfair. Its about survival and in their position I would do exactly the same.

Possibly, the involvement of Williams in the FIA Formula Two Championship has nothing to do with their betrayal of FOTA...