Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HandyNZL

Litespeed = Lotus?

Announced today, is that Litespeed GP is going to be named Team Lotus.

This is turning into a joke....first March, then Brabham, and now Lotus....what next? Tyrell?

These "teams" are a slap in the face to the real teams that carried those names....these new teams are just pretenders, nothing more...if they aren't good enough to run under their own name, then they shouldn't be running under old F1 names. <_<

Maybe will be more easy to Mosley and Ecclestone to sell a "F1" with Braham, March, Lotus once Ferrari, Toyota, BMW and Renault leave or be forced to leave F!. They need some names to sell the F1 to the TV and the fans. I don't get surprised if Jordan, Arrows or Minardi joins the party in a few days...... The only good thing this could bring is the return of the Jordan Girls!!!!!!

Maybe will be more easy to Mosley and Ecclestone to sell a "F1" with Braham, March, Lotus once Ferrari, Toyota, BMW and Renault leave or be forced to leave F!. They need some names to sell the F1 to the TV and the fans. I don't get surprised if Jordan, Arrows or Minardi joins the party in a few days...... The only good thing this could bring is the return of the Jordan Girls!!!!!!

I am sorry I did not register my team - I have a garage and set of wrenches! :D

I think Minardi and Jordan are current FOTA members renamed to Red Bull and Torro Roso, I am not sure about Arrows.

Announced today, is that Litespeed GP is going to be named Team Lotus.

This is turning into a joke....first March, then Brabham, and now Lotus....what next? Tyrell?

These "teams" are a slap in the face to the real teams that carried those names....these new teams are just pretenders, nothing more...if they aren't good enough to run under their own name, then they shouldn't be running under old F1 names. <_<

These 'teams' mostly exist only on paper, though some have a little more substance but very little money behind them. March has no infrastructure whatsoever and it's assets consist of 30,000 engineering drawings and design rights to works F1 cars from the 70s. It is not a going concern. The Brabham name is apparently owned by Austrian Franz Hilmer who also owns the assets of the late Super Aguri team. However, there are no staff at this time and the Brabham family may sue over the use of the brand. Litespeed partners, Nino Judge and Steve Kenchington worked with Team Lotus in F1. Judge was in aerodynamics and structure testing in 1989-1991, and Kenchington worked on suspension and control systems for 21 years. Mike Gascoyne is involved here as is Johnny Herbert and I understand they have permission from David Hunt, the rights holder of the Team Lotus name to use it. Would that mean they would have to re-enter the team under the new name and pay a late entry fee according to FIA rules? They currently swim around at the bottom end of F3. Lola, Epsilon and Prodrive are what I call serious contenders - they have a wealth of experience, they know how to race and they have the cash. It's all about money in the end - always will be.

I am sorry I did not register my team - I have a garage and set of wrenches! :D

I think Minardi and Jordan are current FOTA members renamed to Red Bull and Torro Roso, I am not sure about Arrows.

Torro Rosso was Minardi and Force India was Jordan.

Red Bull was Jaguar was Stewart.

Arrows became Super Auguri Honda, and now their assets where bought by Formtech who wanted to name them Brabham for next year; until the Brabahm family launched legal action.

Tyrrell is the current Brawn GP (Tyrrell>BAR>BAR-Honda>Honda>Brawn).

It's like the 1970's all over again.

I have no problem with these names but agree it is not like they carry the history of old.

Does that mean plenty of s##tty teams, pay drivers galore, plenty of huge wrecks.

How is March iconic in any way ?!

To recapture the glory of the days when the current FIA president was in charge, and witch made them iconic, they would have to:

- label a second-hand chassis as new,

- fail to pay their no.1 driver his full agreed salary,

- use a pit-board to break the timing-beam to get on pole,

- use free engines that nobody else wants,

- refuse to listen to their best test-driver,

- blame the best drivers in the world for the shortcomings of their car,

- and do it all on credit or a minuscule budget provided by rent-a-drivers and makers of model cars

Like what BBC said yesterday, why are these teams bothered to enter if they don't know what the regs will be like next year??

Like what BBC said yesterday, why are these teams bothered to enter if they don't know what the regs will be like next year??

They're glory seekers like Spyker. The FIA F1 WC is the largest (yearly) advertisement platform in the world.

This 'new' F1 will never happen. The concept is unmarketable. It's like an automotive version of 'Where Are They Now?'. FOTA and the drivers are solid. Horner and Brawn have given FOTA their full backing. They will not be jumping ship - Ross made that clear yesterday. Max is now beginning to look extremely stupid. Bernie's new teams have no idea what they are in for. Campos, Epsilon and Lola will probably stick around even if the

This 'new' F1 will never happen. The concept is unmarketable. It's like an automotive version of 'Where Are They Now?'. FOTA and the drivers are solid. Horner and Brawn have given FOTA their full backing. They will not be jumping ship - Ross made that clear yesterday. Max is now beginning to look extremely stupid. Bernie's new teams have no idea what they are in for. Campos, Epsilon and Lola will probably stick around even if the