Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jean Todt

Unwanted Luggage To Be Thrown Out.

And the teams chose not to try to innovate.

Innovation always only existed in motorsport for one reason, to blow the socks of the opposition.

Without domination there's no point for innovation.

In an old documentary I've watched, the commentator pointed out that between a pole sitting mid-engined Cooper and a front engined mid-field Aston Martin there was a 10 seconds per lap gap.

If the KERS teams where allowed and guaranteed the right to dominate, then KERS would have been the next big thing.

Yes but the point I'm trying to get across is that the teams are not saying there's too little KERS - they're saying there's far too much freedom! That is why the teams are proposing to scrap it altogether for next year, while in contrast the FIA is proposing to allow more freedom to develop it in 2010. The FIA is desperately trying to help the no hoper engineers in F1 do something worthwhile with the ridiculous amounts of money they have.

Yes but the point I'm trying to get across is that the teams are not saying there's too little KERS - they're saying there's far too much freedom! That is why the teams are proposing to scrap it altogether for next year, while in contrast the FIA is proposing to allow more freedom to develop it in 2010. The FIA is desperately trying to help the no hoper engineers in F1 do something worthwhile with the ridiculous amounts of money they have.

To your first sentence: where do they say that?

To your second sentence: where do they propose that?

As DOF rightly points out, it was the FIA who banned KERS. If they'd let it go then, by now, there would be an efficient system in place. The teams would have honed it over several years. When they had the money to throw at it. It was a knee jerk reaction by the FIA to level the playing field. Much as it was when the McLaren fiddle brake was banned. And the various types of torque transfer front axles. The incompetence lies within the FIA.

I personally think that KERS is a damn good idea and was looking forward to seeing it develop. As usual the FIA stuffed it up before it even got off the ground. Twice.

The BBC article clearly states that the teams want to scrap KERS, and the FIA wants to allow more KERS-freedom next season. The simple fact is that the teams want to innovate less than the FIA wants them to.

The BBC article clearly states that the teams want to scrap KERS, and the FIA wants to allow more KERS-freedom next season. The simple fact is that the teams want to innovate less than the FIA wants them to.

What unutterable rubbish.

And you still didn't answer the question. Are you sure you're not Maure in disguise?

To your first sentence: where do they say that?

To your second sentence: where do they propose that?

As DOF rightly points out, it was the FIA who banned KERS. If they'd let it go then, by now, there would be an efficient system in place. The teams would have honed it over several years. When they had the money to throw at it. It was a knee jerk reaction by the FIA to level the playing field. Much as it was when the McLaren fiddle brake was banned. And the various types of torque transfer front axles. The incompetence lies within the FIA.

I personally think that KERS is a damn good idea and was looking forward to seeing it develop. As usual the FIA stuffed it up before it even got off the ground. Twice.

Sadly it's too late now.

What unutterable rubbish.

And you still didn't answer the question. Are you sure you're not Maure in disguise?

You and DOF are the ones ignoring the facts, articles and replies. But then if you want to believe F1 is about innovation, that's probably more sensible than it sounds.

You and DOF are the ones ignoring the facts, articles and replies. But then if you want to believe F1 is about innovation, that's probably more sensible than it sounds.

No, teams just don't want to waist money "innovating" technologies that make their cars slower

No, teams just don't want to waist money "innovating" technologies that make their cars slower

Ya.

They're not trying hard enough and the drivers are too stupid to figure out how to use KERS to the maximum advantage. Scrapping it is just stupid.

They're not trying hard enough and the drivers are too stupid to figure out how to use KERS to the maximum advantage. Scrapping it is just stupid.

So you say they should use it while entering Pits? :lol:

Cmon Cav...Mclaren is squeezing the best out of it, and that too with the current regulations and limits, the best Kers teams did their best. Its partly Fia who has to be blamed for this mess and partly manufacturers themselves for not figuring out what a waste of money it was to have used it with such tight limits. (Power limits and so on...)

why dont they just up the power of kersfor 2010, i thought thats what there going to do.

why dont they just up the power of kersfor 2010, i thought thats what there going to do.

I guess it has to do with FIA interfering in it again and calling the teams to limit the power to a certain level.

You and DOF are the ones ignoring the facts, articles and replies.

Not ignoring them, just reading them properly. Try it.

That is exactly what the FIA still wants to do. But the teams would rather just give up because it's too hard for them.