Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rodders47

Cost Of Going To The Track

I guess Turkey showed this up.

WHY would you pay the exhorbitant cost to see F1 Live at the track when you can stay at home and watch it on TV and see Almost ALL of the race, other then a few humndred meters when you are in the grandstand?

Seems to me that Bernie is focused on the Tv viewing audience and not the track side audience.

Free to air pays for the Tv audience, but the TEAMS need the trackside spectators to buy their merchandise etc

I gues the operators of the race tracks need to charge these high prices so as to cover Bernie's exhorbanant charges for hosting a Grand Prix. I hope soon that this structure bits Bernie in the a## big time

WHY would you pay the exhorbitant cost to see F1 Live at the track when you can stay at home and watch it on TV and see Almost ALL of the race, other then a few humndred meters when you are in the grandstand?

Seems to me that Bernie is focused on the Tv viewing audience and not the track side audience.

Free to air pays for the Tv audience, but the TEAMS need the trackside spectators to buy their merchandise etc

I gues the operators of the race tracks need to charge these high prices so as to cover Bernie's exhorbanant charges for hosting a Grand Prix. I hope soon that this structure bits Bernie in the a## big time

almost any sport is more informative when viewed on TV than in the field, but there is atmosphere, engine sounds, audience cheering... things that you cannot experience in your sofa.

People go and watch football/soccer on the stadium for some reason although there is no zoom and replay...

Yes, the cost is far too high. This is one of the things that is still evident from the 'big bucks' era that we are supposedly coming out of. Something tells me that despite all the cost reduction in other areas, the ticket prices won't be coming down any time soon.

Maybe this help you to take a good decision...

post-1620-1244642852_thumb.jpg

well I hope Bernie lost HEAPS at the last meeting in Turkey.

WTG maybe the greedy b#####d will respect the true F1 followres in the future, but I doubt it.

Time for a NEW F1 format, in my opinion, one without Bernie and Max, one that is run on purely spectator apreciation and enjoyment that is affordable to the lower earners, not those with Big Boats that can show off at Monaco etc.

I go for the atmosphere, the noise (and if u havent been u cant imagine what the noise is like), just the fact i'm actually there and i'm seeing those cars and those drivers doing their thing in front of my very eyes!

And don't forget the circuits have big TV screens so u can still see the TV images, although I always bring a portable radio too otherwise its hard to know whats going on.

I'm off to silverstone tomorrow!