Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

canyouhandleit

F1 Manufacturers Break The Law?

I think this thread is about a more specific issue, that thread covers quite a lot..

Anyway, it's hard to believe that such an agreement is illegal, especially considering the amount of lawyers which must have been consulted before it was made...

Then again, stranger things have happened.

True - the other thread is not as specific as this, but then again, give this thread a few more posts and we'll be talking about blueberry waffle recipes.

My take - lawyers do plenty of illegal things, but they never do them without knowing that they can argue that they're legal - it's the wonderfully grey area in which they ply their trade. The FIA will never be able to get anything to stick, but they'll continue to cry foul as loudly and as much as they can in order to alter the public's perception of FOTA. Whether FOTA is guilty of forming a cartel or not is beside the point.

The FIA will not act though, as any legal action by them will make the sport look stupid.

If that isn't subtle sarcasm, then my response is: I'm sure there is no danger of that (which is not so subtle sarcasm, to be clear).

That's quite entertaining, a company(FIA) with a monopoly sues it's clients for conspiring against it. Or maybe they assume the teams are conspiring against the sports clients (the public).

True - the other thread is not as specific as this, but then again, give this thread a few more posts and we'll be talking about blueberry waffle recipes.

Now back to those waffle recipes.... do you have a gluten-free version? :D