Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Argento Reloaded

Redbull Vs Toro Rosso

I was wondering why there is such performance gap between 2 teams. I can understand RedBull making podium and TR ending in 7 - 10 position, but closing the track?

Engines: nope.

Chassis: almost the same

Tyres: the same

Drivers: both RB drivers are better but 1 and half second per lap?

I would like to hear your opinions.

All I keep hearing is that they don't know how to set the thing up. Guess they never thought to ask Red Bull. Most likely it's a combination of different factors.

Either way they are probably under performing considering the car they have.

Chassis is almost the same, but kinda 2-3 steps behind RedBull's in terms of developement.

It was supposed to be like that from the beginning. It would be embarassing for RB if their junior team which is about 4 times smaller beat them...again.

I was wondering why there is such performance gap between 2 teams. I can understand RedBull making podium and TR ending in 7 - 10 position, but closing the track?

Engines: nope.

Chassis: almost the same

Tyres: the same

Drivers: both RB drivers are better but 1 and half second per lap?

I would like to hear your opinions.

I suspect a combination of better setup, better drivers, a slight lead in what they recieve aero and mechanical parts wise for the chassis, and I wonder if the Renault is not just a touch better than the Ferrari engines. Bourdais was often 4/10ths behind Vettel in the same car, so its fair to expect that another 1 second or so could be gained from better setups, engines and minor improvements to the chassis from one team to the next. with no in season testing, I wonder if Red Bull are getting more time with the wind tunnels and testing rigs etc than Toro Rosso get, and that might be helping too

I suspect a combination of better setup, better drivers, a slight lead in what they recieve aero and mechanical parts wise for the chassis, and I wonder if the Renault is not just a touch better than the Ferrari engines. Bourdais was often 4/10ths behind Vettel in the same car, so its fair to expect that another 1 second or so could be gained from better setups, engines and minor improvements to the chassis from one team to the next. with no in season testing, I wonder if Red Bull are getting more time with the wind tunnels and testing rigs etc than Toro Rosso get, and that might be helping too

Despite looking very similar; and yes the designs were originally very close, there are several developmental issues. The engines, and cooling systems are very different but should be close in terms of performance. The suspensions are different as well. The main performance issues are due to the aero packages on the cars. STR will getting double diffuser that RBR ran in the monaco race about a month from now. RBR is even further ahead since they've already made modifications to that Monaco package, which resulted in the 1-2 performance at Silverstone.

it's said today str has half of budget than rbr. maybe that answers you. if i was to be 'kati' in fact, i would say it's sebastian being missed though. ^^

As an official (and the original) not-a-fan of Vettel, even I have to say, it really is the driver. Vettel not being at STR has hurt them, Vettel being at Red Bull has helped them (and pushed Webber to perform his best). I do think the driver can make that big of a difference, I mean, driver isn't 100% of it, but really, Bourdais' not that good, and Vettel really is, so...there's a pretty large gap right there.