Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

armil

Any Ideas For The New F1 Series

Thre is a strong posibility of having a FOTA series.

Which rules you want to see in the new series?

I think less is more

- No Turbo

- A very strict fuel limit for all the weekend

- Movible front wing

- No Ground Effect

- Security measures like today

- N number engines/gearboxes for all the campionship

Mario

I think less is more

- No Turbo

- Movible front wing

- No Ground Effect

Mario

Am its boss.

Forget it - there won't be one. It'll all be over by Friday, despite Ferrari. They may be Le Mans racing or whatever next year and Toyota and Renault may fold but a deal will be done and we'll be racing. That's what I believe.

I can do a better job then the FIA there as so many things in F1 that are pointless.

instead having 2.4 litre engines that are screaming their life away to do 170MPH ,why don't we have the 2005 3 Litre V10 revving at let say 16,000 RPM.

it would be more powerful and all you have to do all season is put new Oil in (maybe an engine could last 5 six weekends since it would be so understressed there would none of this action killing "im gonna turn the engine down to save the car" it would be balls out racing like the old days

half of the expense in F1 is having components that are highly stressed. I could understand the downgrade to 2.4 litres if they were developing them but fact is F1 engines are being restricted.

I find it daft that the public can buy an old jaguar f1 car for 300k which has a faster engine then the real F1 boys do.

its basically all about the power to grip ratio. the reason the 80's and 90's were better is because they had like 700-800hp and a fraction of the grip they have now. Basically to make f1 better and more of a challenge one of the following things needs to happen.

1. all engines need to be heavily upgraded, the must me able to run at 800 - 900 HP reliably

2. all aspects of down force needs to be heavily restricted even more then this years new rules. if I was the FIA I would possibly have a maximum downward pressure limit .

Who agrees or has any better ideas

Insider's right. It ain't gonna happen.

But if it does don't expect it to be a bed of roses. If you think by getting rid of Max & Bernie you'll get rid of the politics and infighting, think again. FOTA are united in name only.

its basically all about the power to grip ratio. the reason the 80's and 90's were better is because they had like 700-800hp and a fraction of the grip they have now. Basically to make f1 better and more of a challenge one of the following things needs to happen.

1. all engines need to be heavily upgraded, the must me able to run at 800 - 900 HP reliably

2. all aspects of down force needs to be heavily restricted even more then this years new rules. if I was the FIA I would possibly have a maximum downward pressure limit .

Interesting thoughts!

Here is another. I have been thinking this for a while. Maybe F1 needs to be more dangerous, I am not saying I really want to see more people hurt, but fear of injury or death really tests a driver. Lately it seems that more of these guys get hurt in the off season playing at something else - even bike riding. That tells me that F1 is pretty safe so nobody's metle is ever really getting tested in life and death racing. Overcoming fear is an important part of the makeup for a race driver. If a driver always has that fear ringing in his/her ears then skill needs to be coupled with bravery or insanity to really be successful. That used to be the case. It seems lately that too many other sports push people to the limits, whereas F1 used to do that. I bet playing NFL (american) football has more injuries and even death. Maybe F1 has become too safe!!

what says everyone else?

Interesting thoughts!

Here is another. I have been thinking this for a while. Maybe F1 needs to be more dangerous, I am not saying I really want to see more people hurt, but fear of injury or death really tests a driver. Lately it seems that more of these guys get hurt in the off season playing at something else - even bike riding. That tells me that F1 is pretty safe so nobody's metle is ever really getting tested in life and death racing. Overcoming fear is an important part of the makeup for a race driver. If a driver always has that fear ringing in his/her ears then skill needs to be coupled with bravery or insanity to really be successful. That used to be the case. It seems lately that too many other sports push people to the limits, whereas F1 used to do that. I bet playing NFL (american) football has more injuries and even death. Maybe F1 has become too safe!!

what says everyone else?

I agreee. fact is the there was nothing wrong with having the 3.5 Litre engines. the problem wasnt the speed it was the fact that the cars then were built like straw huts. u watch a early start line crash and the car is just as wrecked as a 2007 170 mph crash. cars should have 900 hp and less areo

Sensible governance, fair distribution of revenue, affordable ticket prices, stabilisation of regulations.

I think less is more

- No Turbo

- Movible front wing

- No Ground Effect

Mario

That's crap.

The new series needs to be relevant and cutting edge.

limits limits limits.

sod that

on the track...

max car dimensions

max fuel for weekend

fixed safety standards

see who gets to the finishing line first.

behind the scenes...

even distribution of procedes (winners get bigger sponsers and kudos, so that's reward enough)

properly independant stewards

affordable tickets

managed by consensus of teams (majority rule on any decision - no vetos, no money talking, no 'we're the biggest brand' malarky)

EDIT - (Obviously, I doubt this will happen, but I can dream can't I?)

Interesting thoughts!

what says everyone else?

You say you want F1 to become more danerous but you are also saying you don't want to see people hurt.

I think your talking rubbish my friend, to suggest that we should make the sport less safe in anyway what so ever is just bloody crazy. Don't you think we have lost enough people when the sport was danerous and safety standards just didn't exist. I hope I took your post the wrong way and you are in fact just kidding ;)

Forget it - there won't be one. It'll all be over by Friday, despite Ferrari. They may be Le Mans racing or whatever next year and Toyota and Renault may fold but a deal will be done and we'll be racing. That's what I believe.

I agree with you :D

Never can a series be self controled / regulated by its competitors, far too many vested interests.

Never can a series be self controled / regulated by its competitors, far too many vested interests.

I don't think a series should be wholly controlled or regulated by it's competitors, but it seems reasonable to me that the competitors should have a key role in forming the rules and shaping the sport. In fact, I think it makes more sense for the teams to make the rules, and the FIA to sign off on them, than the other way around. It is after all the teams who make the show and must live by the rules.

Spitfire said the right thing in the wrong way. Not less safe, but more of a consequence for getting it wrong. Which means no more car park sized tarmac run off areas. You go off, you're out.

At Gorilla Laboratories we favour a power cap. How you generate that power is up to you, be it petrol, diesel, ethanol, hamsters in a wheel or whatever. And much of what Adam said that I've forgotten and can't be arsed to scroll back to. The tech regs should fit on one side of A4. Or foolscap for the metrically challenged.

Sensible governance, fair distribution of revenue, affordable ticket prices, stabilisation of regulations.

Funny that you mention the precise 4 things FIA is committed to fail at.

You know, regulations can and will change. I don't see anything wrong with that as long as they apply to everyone (unlike this season as well as others, btw) which, yes, comes back to governance... an impossibility if it has anything to do with FIA.

The real issue here is money. Teams invest a lot and get too little. FIA wants to keep Ecclestone's huge earnings intact so they are trying to force the teams to spend less. It's a big mistake. FIA needs the big teams to maintain the fan's interest yet remains unwilling to make it worthwhile economically for them.

As I've said time a few times, a breakaway competition could only have less teams than this one since, after all, who else could afford it? F1 is a business. If the new heads in charge are able to distribute properly the inmense earnings that today Ecclestone leeches out of the sport (~75%), teams will be able to give us all a good show AND make a profit.

The new series needs to be relevant and cutting edge.

Absolutely agree.

I don't think a series should be wholly controlled or regulated by it's competitors, but it seems reasonable to me that the competitors should have a key role in forming the rules and shaping the sport. In fact, I think it makes more sense for the teams to make the rules, and the FIA to sign off on them, than the other way around. It is after all the teams who make the show and must live by the rules.

I think it should be like 50:50......or else its like asking children to make rules in school..

i would like to see new rules allowing diversity: what the hell FIA must rule the number of cilinders? Please allow 4L, V6, V8, V10, V12 even V16 if someone has good technical reasons! allow turbo vs. normal aspirate but with a realistic ratio (maybe 1 liter turbo vs. 3.5 normal aspirate) Allow 6 wheelers again. And 2 tyre suppliers. Less aero grip and more mechanical grip: larger tyres and tiny wings. Absolutlety flat floor between axis, and so on.

I think people are over thinking this stuff, simple is better.

Engines: give them a max of 3.6L and 25k rpm for them to do what they want. No turbo.

Fuel: Whatever you want to use, Gasoline, Diesel, Hydrogen fuel Cells, Solar motors, a million hamster wheels, I don't care but all of it must be 98% street legal

Aero: Make it really simple: big wings front and aft, as wide as the maximum width of the car, that means the rear wing goes over the back tires. But there is one limitation, the maximum down force must be what they use for Monza. And bring back ground effect because it does not produce as much turbulance

Tires: Multiple suppliers, wider than they are now to cope with the loss of aero grip.

Gearboxes: whatever you want, if you can make and H gated box work better and faster than a CVT please be my guest to try

Driver Aids: No TC or Launch control but all else is fine

and like adamstrags said, behind the scenes a sensible and transparent governance of the sport

F1 fans just want to see racing and whilst it may be not totally ethical, they don't actually care how much it costs to go racing.

F1 is a little look into man's existence on planet earth; great fun but selfish, blind and doomed. The teams are all of us, Max is our inconvenient truth. Have a nice day.