Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Smu3l3y

The Perfect F1

here is my take on how to save money and make it more fun and better.

Budget capping wont work because everyone has differant wages. to put it into context 25 Ferrari mechanics probably get paid the same as 100 Williams Mechanics (thats probably why there are kicking off )

My perfect F1 some ideas

3.0 Litre V10 engines reving at 16,000 RPM

Maximum of 800Hp

Power / Grip Ratio- must at least remain 50% / 50% maybe even 65% / 35 % power over Grip

at limit to team members a maximum of 300 people to be employed by any F1 team. (that would cust down Expense) any more ideas Keep em coming

here is my take on how to save money and make it more fun and better.

Budget capping wont work because everyone has differant wages. to put it into context 25 Ferrari mechanics probably get paid the same as 100 Williams Mechanics (thats probably why there are kicking off )

My perfect F1 some ideas

3.0 Litre V10 engines reving at 16,000 RPM

Maximum of 800Hp

Power / Grip Ratio- must at least remain 50% / 50% maybe even 65% / 35 % power over Grip

at limit to team members a maximum of 300 people to be employed by any F1 team. (that would cust down Expense) any more ideas Keep em coming

My perfect F1 some ideas

- 3.0 Litre V10 engines reving at 20,000 RPM

- Maximum of 950Hp

- Power / Grip Ratio- must at least remain 50% / 50% maybe even 65% / 35 % power over Grip

- No FIA

- last year models as this year cars look ugly as hell

- qualifying as they were in the 90'

- first stint for 20-25 laps ( every1) second or third stint it's team choice... So that means all cars would have more or less similar fuel on board.

And i want Lotus back :D

Perfect F1: 3.0L max capacity, V8, V10 or V12, unlimited revs, 1000bhp quali spec, 800bhp race spec, you can choose whatever tyres you want & not have those rubbish super softs if you want, no KERS & no refuelling after Q3, to make things interesting!

Perfect F1: 3.0L max capacity, V8, V10 or V12, unlimited revs, 1000bhp quali spec, 800bhp race spec, you can choose whatever tyres you want & not have those rubbish super softs if you want, no KERS & no refuelling after Q3, to make things interesting!

No KERS/push to pass and no refueling will make things even more boring.

If all engines have the same peak characteristics there won't be much passing.

I remember watching CART on Eurosport when Mansell went there in 93, and there was more passing in just 2 races there, then in the entire F1 season combined.

And guess what CART had refueling, F1 didn't.

Visionary team bosses, democratic discussion, open minded fans.

Four, open wheels. Rear engine. Fast. At least one or two exciting battles during the race (don't care what position, it'd be great for the lead but I thoroughly enjoyed watching Lewis drive his a## off with Alonso at the back. I miss them. Make them go faster). Bob Varsha, David Hobbs, and Steve Matchett commentary. Innovation whilst maintaining parity (which is usually natural, no formulas for equalization though a bit of a budget cap might be nice, less than $150,000,000 but greater than $80,000,000). Michael Schumacher. Even if I hated him.

Visionary team bosses, democratic discussion, open minded fans.

Seconded. Oh, and no chest hair on drivers thats more than 1cm long. It concludes more downforce. :P

My perfect F1 some ideas

- 3.0 Litre V10 engines reving at 20,000 RPM

That sounds to me like a death sentence (or has MaxMosley's influence finally gotten to me)....ah well, someone mentioned the the fear factor in some thread somewhere recently....

Anyone got Doctor Who's number? Then he can turn the clocks back to when F1 was good. Yeah.

Anyone got Doctor Who's number? Then he can turn the clocks back to when F1 was good. Yeah.

In DOF's case, 1936.

In DOF's case, 1936.

1936 and 37 in spirit, not technology.

By 1937 spirit standards we'd have 3.5 V10 turbos with ground effect, active suspensions, fully adjustable auto wings and so on.

I actually really liked the old CART Indycar, the 93 and 95 seasons in particular.

Michael Schumacher.

I have to agree there, nobody meets the magic of Schumacher, or even Hakkinen in present day.

I appear to have lost my rose tinted spectacles.

If we had control of F1 it would probably be worse than ever.

Seconded. Oh, and no chest hair on drivers thats more than 1cm long. It concludes more downforce. :P

Most drivers are considerably more than 1cm long.

i'd say the perfect f1 would be:

- using 2004 engine and chassis rules but with higher rear wings (for some reason looks better?)

- using present qualifying rules

- slicks

- broadcasting in HD 1080i/720p atleast (if possible 1080p)

- bring back in-season testing

Most drivers are considerably more than 1cm long.

She could be talking about their genitals!

i'd say the perfect f1 would be:

- using 2004 engine and chassis rules but with higher rear wings (for some reason looks better?)

- using present qualifying rules

- slicks

- broadcasting in HD 1080i/720p atleast (if possible 1080p)

- bring back in-season testing

I guess seeing as you are TF1's Toyota rep, a Panasonic Viera PDP 1080p motion whatever flat screen TV!

Yeah, a better picture would be nice. Though I don't get SPEED in HD so I guess it'd be a bit of a waste but it'd be nice for the four races on FOX.

Anyway, I'm guilty of it too, but I do think the perfect F1 needs to be something new. You can't just say "let's go back to 19xx" because you can't. You can never go back. It's a rule. And I know that I do it more than most whining about how NASCAR needs to go back to real stock cars with real drivers and how CART needs Greg Moore and Alex Zanardi and how F1 needs Schumacher and Hakkinen BUT guess what. People get old and stuff and have to retire some day. So, you need to make F1 fun to watch (and, in my opinion, maintaining some traditions that should be maintained, like being the pinnacle of innovation, even if that means the pinnacle of wasted money, cuz hey, it's not my money they're wasting), as equally fun to watch as whatever years the "glory years" are for you, but it can't just be a replica.

That said, I'd like to see:

1. Innovation. This thing needs to be worthwhile for the manufactures, and you can't have overtaking with similar cars. You need a faster one and a slower one. Look at ALMS; the Porsche LMP2 would pass the Audi LMP1 in the corners but on the straights the Audi would power by. It was fun. You had battles, but the cars were different. Cars HAVE to be different to have battles. Teams could come up with so many ways to be competitive, some might have a good package for Monaco, others for Monza. And it'd be superfun.

2. Open regs. It's the same as innovation, but you need them to have innovation. Any engine size, any fuel type, etc. Teams should be able to decide what they want and don't want to do. If Toyota feel they want an all-electric I3 Sh#tbox, let 'em do it. If BMW want to run their hydrogen V12, let them. If a team thinks KERS is a waste of time, don't make them run it. If a team thinks we should just keep running petrol-powered V8s, let them. They even out. It sounds startling but they do. You know why? Because they always have. And if they don't, well, what are you going to do? If one team is better than another, they should win. That's life. I'd rather see someone design some super awesome piece of machinery and have no overtaking than we have now which is super boring machinery with no overtaking. And trust me, series with open-er regs ALWAYS have more overtaking, it's a fact of life. And if it means the Force, my beloved US F1, Campos, and Manor have to go home, so be it. They didn't belong there in the first place and they never will. The more variety, the better the on-track product. The only things the FIA should implement are no winglet-thingies and safety-related stuff.

3. Better schedule. Some of the tracks just aren't...good. Others are poorly attended (which is lame when many areas of the world would gladly attend an F1 race but don't have one).

4. No rules to even things out. As I said, if a better team wins, well, they're better, so they earned the win. None of this "well if you run a V10 you need a weight penalty and if you run an I4 you can run underweight" or this or that.

5. Bob Varsha, David Hobbs, and Steve Matchett calling the races on SPEEDTV. Because that's really the only reason I still watch. Sort of. But they're enjoyable to listen to. So keep them.

what I would like to see in F1!

OPEN engine design without restraint, starting at a 1.5 litre engine turbo or whatever, with a maximum of 6 litre normally aspirated engine.

Bring back the "Skirts" of early 80's and open aerodynamic design with adjustable front/rear wings ala like aircraft have, works for them safely!

NO Re-Fuelling, only tyre changes allowed

The use of 85 % ethanol fuels ONLY

KERS use without limitation