Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rodders47

Budget Cap Rules

Ok so if the FIA and Max get their way the teams will be limited in their expenditure for 2010.

I personnaly am aginst such a restricted rule.

But lets say that Ferrari/McLaren/ Brawn make a balls up of their next year car design, Like Ferrari and

McLaren have shown this year, how could they possibly "Come Back" and create some improvements, that may cost many thousands of dollars, whilst under this cost cutting umbrella?

Seems to me it is just another rusty nail in the coffin of ,what we know, as Formula 1

Ok so if the FIA and Max get their way the teams will be limited in their expenditure for 2010.

But lets say that Ferrari/McLaren/ Brawn make a balls up of their next year car design, Like Ferrari and

McLaren have shown this year, how could they possibly "Come Back" and create some improvements, that may cost many thousands of dollars, whilst under this cost cutting umbrella?

Seems to me it is just another rusty nail in the coffin of ,what we know, as Formula 1

It is said story. It is a question how everything will end up, but there will be damage. That is absolutely certain. The cleanest solution would be to form new series.

If FIA persists with contract obligation they can paint cars in purple, send 6 mechanics and 2 reserve drivers to drive 3 laps in qualy and formation lap before start and then retire due to technical difficulties. After 2 races of that FIA would agree that they leave. That would cost much less then paying penalties to FIA and FOM and would make everyone look stupid.

This is what I think all the 2010 teams cars will look like next year if the stupid budget cap is still in place:

Silver_Cross_Balmoral_Carriage_Pram_Baby_Strollers.jpg

This is what I think all the 2010 teams cars will look like next year if the stupid budget cap is still in place:

Silver_Cross_Balmoral_Carriage_Pram_Baby_Strollers.jpg

Just needs a diffuser.

I like the FOTA "resource restriction" thingy. Even though it seems to be riddled with escape hatches. It may have legs. But that don't mean it will fly.

Indeed it will be...

It 'll simply diminish the technological competition even more, making the sport more boring, predictable etc.

Anybody remember the days were Mclaren would kick Ferrari's a## in a race and Ferrari would come back the next Gp with a new engine and aero bits to thrash them and vice-versa (or change team name at your preference!!) or spent hundreds of working-hours just to make a gearbox shift XX milliseconds faster?? ( I'm sure you all do!!).

Yes I really wanted to see that, to know that after every GP the teams would work backstage to change things at every f###ing GP!

Nowadays there is none of that and yes, we want them back!

We don't care about the series's name...

Looks like a McLaren :)

(only parents in the audience will get this)

Boooo!!!!! Get Off!!!!!

Anyway, it's spelled MacLaren I think you'll find.

(only parents in the audience will get this)

Them and prospective ones laughing nervously whlist eyeing up costs.

well I hope that FOTA do start a new series. Maybe the TV coverage might not be so good for the first year but at least I did read where FOTA believe that the entry price is way too expensive as it stands now.

Will get rid of Max & Bernie in one foul swoop.

I am somewhat surprised that the FIA are seeking to sue the teams. As I understand it the F1 rights holder owes the teams millions of dollars in back pay, I wonder if this will be mentioned in any court case?

I still believe more vigorous negotiation is the best way forward for FOTA and the FIA. A new series is pure powerplay from the former. I mean, who is going to set it up? Self-regulation will bring absolute chaos and can only end in tears - look at Indy. How many circuits not under contract to FOM have the required safety levels installed? Can arrangements be made in time? Will those who do break from FOM be blackballed for life if the FOTA series fails?

On the other hand, how does Max think he can run a championship without the FOTA teams? Does he really believe the teams he already has and those waiting in the wings are juicy enough morsels for the sponsors and broadcasters? He must be kidding. That any of them really expect to provide the sort of 'show' and develop the technological advances the current teams do on a

good reply Insider.

There is always talk of the "Concorde Agreement". I thought the Concorde (aircarft) is dead and burried, just like this bulls##t agreement between two very selfish over opinionated groups that currenty control F1, meaning Bernie & max