Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kay

British Gp 2009: Practice, Qualifying & Race

Here are the Weights, Vettel is the heaviest guy in the top 10. And he is 7 kilo heavier than Webber, so Webber really got his a## handed to him, I doubt he could have gone faster even without kimi there because he was already 2 tenths down in the first sector. If this is the true pace of the RedBull and the FIA didn't do a typo then the tide might have really changed

1. Sebastian Vettel, Red Bull, 666.5 kg

2. Rubens Barrichello, Brawn GP, 657.5

3. Mark Webber, Red Bull, 659.5

4. Jarno Trulli, Toyota, 658

5. Kazuki Nakajima, Williams, 652.5

6. Jenson Button, Brawn GP, 657.5

7. Nico Rosberg, Williams, 661.5

8. Timo Glock, Toyota, 660

9. Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari, 654

10. Fernando Alonso, Renault, 654

11. Felipe Massa, Ferrari, 675

12. Robert Kubica, BMW Sauber, 689.5

13. Heikki Kovalainen, McLaren, 695.5

14. Nelson Piquet, Renault, 682.5

15. Nick Heidfeld, BMW Sauber, 665.5

16. Giancarlo Fisichella, Force India, 668

17. Sebastien Bourdais, Toro Rosso, 687.5

18. Adrian Sutil, Force India, 692

19. Lewis Hamilton, McLaren, 666

20. Sebastien Buemi, Toro Rosso, 672.5

Here are the Weights, Vettel is the heaviest guy in the top 10. And he is 7 kilo heavier than Webber, so Webber really got his a## handed to him, I doubt he could have gone faster even without kimi there because he was already 2 tenths down in the first sector. If this is the true pace of the RedBull and the FIA didn't do a typo then the tide might have really changed

I agree but he needed to oust his frustation by blaming someone and Kimi was his scape goat, Kimi should hit him with a vodka bottle.

Quite interesting how quick the Red Bull is - I imagine a lot of its down to the fact Silverstone is a high speed circuit and low track temperatures means tyres work well on Red Bull which is probably a little harder on tyres than Brawn GP. Then again if Brawn GP is so light on its tyres then it wont generate the heat and grip to go quickly enough.

Hard to read a lot into the times.... But I think Vettel is favourite to win for sure :)

It sure looks like a fight between the RB guys tomorrow. Typical that as soon as I do go for the predictable Button pole in my PPP for once, they decide to bollock it all up - just my luck :lol:

Anyhow, Vettel heaviest of the top 10, so I hope he starts well (no doubt Barrichello will blitz him off the line now I've said that).

Did Kimi impede Webbo? Or is he a moaning twot? No penalty, then again the FIA seem to be backing off a bit on that this season, or at least that's how it seems.

Roll on racing.

Kimi must be punished for dreaming and drunk while driving. :lol:

What was up with that interview by Webber? I understand he's frustrated, but he's the president of the driver's association. I thought he had more class then to say 'Kimi must have been drinking Vodka and daydreaming' while talking with the press.

Hmmm

What was up with that interview by Webber? I understand he's frustrated, but he's the president of the driver's association. I thought he had more class then to say 'Kimi must have been drinking Vodka and daydreaming' while talking with the press.

Hmmm

Webber was just showing his frustration through his good sense of humour, and drivers are allowed to bicker, makes it a bit more interesting imo. Besides, if Kimi doesn't want to have drunk jokes made against him he could always... drink less :lol:

He speaks it as he sees it, letting Raikkonen wind him up so much can be as much his own fault as Raikkonens i.e. that he lost focus too easily and shows his teammate Vettel that pressure has re-shifted from him to his teammate. I'd imagine the annoyance is also on an individual level - what does a driver feel is necessary to get out of someone's way. Webber often gets way out of it. Other drivers don't. Again not that any way is right or wrong.

Webber's comments are always better heard than read I find, like some other drivers.

is it me, or is this season really boring? With the big guys at the back, I just don't care that much.

Strange, I'd never think this could happen. hm...

just woke up and got around to reading the fuel loads. jeez - vettel's got no excuse if he looses this one.

weird how you would put both brawn drivers on the same fuel load, 1 driver is carrying unnecessary fuel

i thought the same - with button's performance you would have thought it sounder to give him 2 laps less and get him up to 4th on the grid. then he might have had a chance to tangle with barichello and the red bulls and pull away from trulli etc. after that he'd be pitting first and probably end in 4th, but his job would certainly hae been easier.

:o

So you're saying that Kimi will get a DNF, I don't see his name in your post.

Como dicen en mi pais, Kimi si esta feo, poco combustible y saliendo noveno ojala que por lo menos le gane a Alonso.

Ya know, I just went to Baltimore to Johns Hopkins for a 3T MRI for my son, and then spent a day in inner harbor. And I DID think that people talk funny in Maryland, but only now do I have a proof of it... :rolleyes:

is it me, or is this season really boring? With the big guys at the back, I just don't care that much.

Strange, I'd never think this could happen. hm...

Yes a litle bit... but is very interesting to see some"crown holder heads" doing so bad... Hami is the last line! Kubica hoping to drive anything else than a BMW, Kimi and Felipe fighting with their cars as Nando... :lol:

Yes a litle bit... but is very interesting to see some"crown holder heads" doing so bad... Hami is the last line! Kubica hoping to drive anything else than a BMW, Kimi and Felipe fighting with their cars as Nando... :lol:

Agreed. But, what I meant was, I never thought I would feel this way. On the other hand, this feels more and more like an orchestrated season. Kubica said last December, that any car constructed for KERS will be slower than the car constructed without them (whether you carry KERS or not). Considering the fact that Red Bull, Toyota, and Brawn designed their cars in the middle of last year when all of us were convinced that KERS will be mandatory this year, it begs a question "what did they know then that nobody else knew?" Add to this the fatc that Renault had the same diffuser design as Brawn, and have gotten a negative response from FIA while Brawn got a go-ahead...

Oh, hell, it's late and I just had my scotch - conspiracy theories, anyone?

JB is playing down his chances and whining to anyone who will listen. The mystery concerning the 'missing' final lap in Q3 appears to be crossed signals from his race engineer. Jens thought he was being called in early as part of his fuel strategy, the team say the were encouraging him to push - that's the story from the garage anyway. 'On this lap Jenson, on this lap' is his normal signal to pit and is precisely what he says he heard - the BBC transcript backs him up. Mansell or Senna would have gone for one more lap anyway, citing radio failure but strategy is the key to modern racing with little more than a second between the first ten cars. He trusts Ross and is angry at the team's mistake. Fair enough. He may have only have advanced one more place but it meant he could have probably beaten Trulli of the grid and put himself in a position to hunt Webber down. In that respect, it was critical error from BGP.

The idiotic stunt with Jake Humphrey driving Jens around the track in the week would not have been permitted if the latter were driving for the Scuderia or Macca. That Ross Brawn allowed his prize driver to take part in such a worthless and potentially dangerous exercise is mind-boggling. It was hardly good prep for his home Grand Prix, in my opinion. His train is off the rails for the first time this season and he needs to get his head back in the right place. He needs a calm race and as many points as he can get. There will be a strong temptation to 'banzai' it here and there and he must resist, especially if Trulli sets his usual funereal pace. He can certainly jump Nakajima at some point as the Williams No. 2 is fuelled so light. Rosberg is his biggest problem and a good bet for the podium running four more kilos of fuel. Button needs a good start and a super cool head. He'll probably win most of the other GPs this year and he should focus on that.

Vettel did good but he can be caught and passed if Rubihno does his job. The Bulls don't race well and the Brawns do. I expect Webber to get a podium as he should be able to leave Trulli in his wake but you never know. RBR may have been quick this weekend but they don't have the reliability of the Brawn machines. My tip? Rubens on the top step.

God, there's no passing what so ever.

This is boring as hell.

Those who wanted TC, ABS and active suspensions banned, spec tires and restricted engines I hope they're happy now with Formula "driver skill, cost efficiency, level the playing field, better racing" boredom.

How much more boring is it gonna be next year with equal fuel loads I wonder ?!

Webber, Rosberg, Button, Alonso, Hamilton none of them can do a thing.

It's so boring.

Well, such a shame the last British GP @ Silverstone was as boring a race as dare I say Monaco??

Last year we got lucky with rain.

But in 2007 it was also boring unless it rained.

The last season with passes when it didn't rain was 2006 due to no rev limits, elctronics and the tire war.

But after 2003/2004 the aero package got worse and worse.

The last time we had both a competitive season and some passes when it didn't rain was 2003.

Martin Brundle made a good point about the car's engines hitting the rev limiter when they get in the slipstream at the end of the straights.

All these restrictive rules that are ruining up the sport.

Even in the un-restricted V10 era with grooved tyres, the overtaking was better than this.

Look at 2003 for example.

The engine rules need to go out of the window and we need to bring back un-restricted V10s and/or the sport needs to adopt turbo-charged engines with adjustable boost.

This crap cannot go on.

For every thing they improve (slicks), they mess 2 or 3 things up (engines, tires, electronics).