Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kay

British Gp 2009: Practice, Qualifying & Race

Ah I love the smell of Silverstone in the morning....

I wonder if Charlie Whiting surfs?

Hmm. Have to admit that bouncing off the limiter in the slipstream means someone got their sums wrong. Badly.

Hmm. Have to admit that bouncing off the limiter in the slipstream means someone got their sums wrong. Badly.

Are they allowed to change gear ratios after the car goes into parc ferme from qualifying??

I did well in the PPP this week, joint fourth in the overall standings. Therefore, I liked this race.

Unfortunately, the race came with the news of James Allen doing the press conferences on the FOM feed and, presumably, replacing Peter Windsor as the United States television reporter (a role he used to have with ESPN). No me gusta.

Nothing really happened, but enough happened to keep me watching it and not the IRL snoozefest or the NASCAR wreckfest (when they try to turn right, it can be either very, very exciting, or it can be amateur hour...it was the latter). It was Fathers' Day in the US and I watched it with my dad so that's what counts.

I wish Alonso and Lewis had good cars. It's no fun without them. Vettel's a silly billy snotface and I don't really like him (he's good at the driving aspect of it though) and no matter how many times you "push the Button" as his silly billy snotface helmet said nothing exciting happens. Its just...dull. Even if they were separated by 1 point it'd be...dull. There's no rivalry.

The race really wasn't that bad, though. I mean, if you looked beyond positions 1-15, it was good.

I think the fact that I watch very little other racing anymore kind of makes me have to see the good side in F1. I don't think there's anything wrong with that, though.

It was a decent race because I didn't fall asleep, but when Rosberg, Barrichello and Massa got close to each other I was expecting them to race, not to leave the job to the guys at the back. I think my expectations of F1 have fallen a lot...

and not the IRL snoozefest

Good Lord Eric is back :o

Thought you had died again.... :)

Yes the IRL is rather dull this season. Managed to find a torrent download so could watch them as there is no decent free UK coverage but so far have been a real snooze-fest as you say. Milwaukee mile was grim.

Well, a points battle would be nice, but Button v Vettel isn't very...exciting. There won't be any slagging in the press or ramming eachother off the road or flipping eachother off or anything fun.

No one had any faith in Jenson...would he ever win again?...his prior love James Allen was gone...he had nothing left but dreams that a new, young man would come in to his life...

Everyone believed Sebastian was destined for greatness...he was winning races and setting records...all he didn't have was love...

Two men, forced to compete, will the pressure to perfom tear them apart, or will their love bring them together?

It just needs a title really and you have a great romantic comedy. They're too nice.

I was lucky enough to be there for my first F1 attendance. Whilst the race wasn't the best ever, being track side more than made up for it.

Must...not...give any opinions....on Vettel, Button....nowadays F1....arghhhh

Okay, I'll give it for you...

[quote name="Andr

No one had any faith in Jenson...would he ever win again?...his prior love James Allen was gone

After Allen started loving Lewis! I still remember Allen's reaction after the 2006 Hungarian GP "Jenson Button wins, get in there!!!!" In fact, that's why I think that's why the team always shouts it after Button's wins :lol: !

Okay, I'll give it for you...

Must...not...kill...Eric...

Bah, is not as if it's the first time something like that would happen :P

Must...not...kill...Eric...

But see, I lied. I have to tell you. It's very hard for me. I added 10 years to my age to add credibility; I'm not 16, I'm actually 6. And you wouldn't kill a harmless 6 year old.

But see, I lied. I have to tell you. It's very hard for me. I added 10 years to my age to add credibility; I'm not 16, I'm actually 6. And you wouldn't kill a harmless 6 year old.

Actually you lied even more as you added an extra 10 years on; you are really -4 and have yet to be conceived, communicating telepathetically from planet Xuron VII.... :)

Actually you lied even more as you added an extra 10 years on; you are really -4 and have yet to be conceived, communicating telepathetically from planet Xuron VII.... :)

No I'm just a Batracer spambot but shhhh keep that on the DL.