Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kay

Current Driver Market 09/10

I love it. Everybody is stuck until the Alonso/Ferrari issue becomes clear. They are practically keeping the driver's market on hold. Once the Alonso/Ferrari announcement is made (either as a deal or no deal) the chair game will begin.

Yes, Alonso is this year's key to the driver market. Once he's in place, then we're probably going to see the highest number of changes we've seen for a few years. Kubica to Renault, Trulli gone from Toyota, Rosberg to Mclaren, Alonso to Ferrari, Trulli/Heidfeld/Kova to Williams? All good fun.

Yes, Alonso is this year's key to the driver market. Once he's in place, then we're probably going to see the highest number of changes we've seen for a few years. Kubica to Renault, Trulli gone from Toyota, Rosberg to Mclaren, Alonso to Ferrari, Trulli/Heidfeld/Kova to Williams? All good fun.

I don't think Nando will go to Ferrari. I am not sure Ferrari will want him. Nando is better suited to a team which is run by a slightly uncultured man.

I couldn't resist that.:P

I love it. Everybody is stuck until the Alonso/Ferrari issue becomes clear. They are practically keeping the driver's market on hold. Once the Alonso/Ferrari announcement is made (either as a deal or no deal) the chair game will begin.

Absolutely. Any team that accepts 'big neck puffy eyebrow toy thrower' is going to need a top psycologist. They take time to recruit.

Absolutely. Any team that accepts 'big neck puffy eyebrow toy thrower' is going to need a top psycologist. They take time to recruit.

:lol:

I don't think Nando will go to Ferrari. I am not sure Ferrari will want him. Nando is better suited to a team which is run by a slightly uncultured man.

I couldn't resist that.:P

You mean some agrosexual macho type? :)

To counsel everyone else but 'big neck puffy eyebrow toy thrower' :)

I think it would be great if Rubens reached the 300 GP mark, basically Rubens' level of experience is Usain Bolt level, will probably never be beaten!

I'm not so sure about Rubens record never being beaten. With alot of drivers starting their careers in their late teens early twenties then it stands a good chance of being beaten. Also if you consider that more GP's per year are a good possiblity over the coming years also.

I think the only thing stopping interest from a Kubica or a Rosberg at Brawn would have been the issue of stability. Kubica is looking for that for obvious reasons based on his recent experience. Rosberg is on the cusp of having categorically demonstrated his worth to all and sundry and is now ready to deliver for a big hitter. (In fact, I think Rosberg's steady rise to top form has been incredibly well managed. His father has no doubt been invaluable, as has his own intelligence and maturity in not trying to run before he can walk. A year ago he may have had his value destroyed by a Hamilton. Now, he looks ready to take him on).

Ross Brawn knows that he can afford to sit back and wait for the Alonso/ Raikkonen/Kubica situation to unfold. If other drivers get panicky and sign in other directions, it doesn't matter too much. Button and Barrichello will do. But drivers will come sniffing around at Brackley and the cool Ross Brawn will be ready to talk, I suspect.

I agree.

Exactly right.

So true, Fernando as we have seen can be quite a challenge to manage. I have mixed feelings with the rumours about the connection between Fernando and Ferrari. I want to see him in a Ferrari, I want to see Kimi drive in 2010, I want to see Felipe vs Fernando battle, I don't want to see a repeat of what we had with Fernando at McLaren with whinging and bitching all season, if all the talk is done on the track then Ferrari and us the fans will benefit greatly.

Just a quote from Ross Brawn in regards to his possible driver line up for the 2010 season and sticking with Rubens and Jenson.

"There is no good reason not to," Brawn said of retaining his drivers. "They are both doing a very good job so I think, after Spa, we will start to look at it. We needed to get a number of things in place before sensibly talking about drivers; the Concorde Agreement is done now - that was done in the (summer) break. We think our commercial side is going to develop well now so we can sit down after Spa, talk with the drivers and sort it out."

Ross Brawn is both smart and a good business man, and his remarks are concise and well-timed following Barrichello's victory. He is not going to say anything to ruffle feathers within the team but rather speak of continuity and pat everyone on the back. He justifiably wants everyone in the team focused on winning both the driver's and constructor's championship and with Red Bull's pointless weekend in Valencia he's that much closer. Were I him (yeah, dream on) I would do exactly the same. In the next few weeks at least some of the rumors will either go away or solidify into fact and he can then make the hard decisions on the future of Brawn Racing.

Here's my plan:

Should Massa be unable to return to F1, then Ferrari should kick Kimi (they should do it, anyways). Schumi wants back? Bring him on! And get Alonso!

Just imagine, a Nando/Schumi lineup! Oh yeah, I know...they will jump at each other's throat and blah blah blah. Well, first of all, they all have grown up. Second, Montezemolo is no Dennis. I thing they already must have been quite explicit with Nando about the do's and dont's at Ferrari. And Nando after the McLaren issue will be aware of it.

Of course, even with that the competition between both can get pretty ugly, but, honestly who would care? Geez with a lineup like that they could have a whole season running at the same circuit, (make it Valencia), and nobody would care. It will bring millions just in publicity even if the 2010 season ends up being even more boring than this one.

Sounds silly? Not sillier than usual. And I bet at least one of the big names in the paddock must have thought of this first.

Sounds silly? Not sillier than usual. And I bet at least one of the big names in the paddock must have thought of this first.

Ooh no, history has shown this does not work well. Prost/Senna. Mansell/Piquet.

There'll be blood on the race track....

Ooh no, history has shown this does not work well. Prost/Senna. Mansell/Piquet.

There'll be blood on the race track....

Yes, blood on the track, and millions in the bank. I was saying that it would be a great marketing move. We all know the risks involved. What I am pondering is whether or not the economical benefits would supersede the fact that they both would kill each other. Prost/Senna was at the peak of F1 success. It was a different era, different names, different attitudes and different team. Now the teams know how bad it could get. Nobody could get caught by surprise and they could at least try to keep it civil. Ferrari can be more...persuasive than Macca. I am sure LdM already told Nando "Looka heer ragazzi: you messa da championship and I talk to my cousin Vito here and he'll take ya for a long-a-ride capisce?".

Even so, and knowing Schumi and Nando, I guess none of them would accept. But if they accepted, I would take them. Yes, it means probably losing the WCC, or the WDC, or both to an itra team war. But it will be worth millions in sponsorship and marketing that will be hard to obtain otherwise next year in a dwindling series in the middle of a global economical crisis

Yes, blood on the track, and millions in the bank. I was saying that it would be a great marketing move. We all know the risks involved. What I am pondering is whether or not the economical benefits would supersede the fact that they both would kill each other. Prost/Senna was at the peak of F1 success. It was a different era, different names, different attitudes and different team. Now the teams know how bad it could get. Nobody could get caught by surprise and they could at least try to keep it civil. Ferrari can be more...persuasive than Macca. I am sure LdM already told Nando "Looka heer ragazzi: you messa da championship and I talk to my cousin Vito here and he'll take ya for a long-a-ride capisce?".

Even so, and knowing Schumi and Nando, I guess none of them would accept. But if they accepted, I would take them. Yes, it means probably losing the WCC, or the WDC, or both to an itra team war. But it will be worth millions in sponsorship and marketing that will be hard to obtain otherwise next year in a dwindling series in the middle of a global economical crisis

do u wanna talk marketing again...

I give up. Nobody understands my point about marketing and design. I am not saying they are not useful. I am saying that they are overrated and overvalued. I am not saying that they are not important. And, in this case, I am talking from the teams and FOM point of view, so, again, even if they did that and made all those millions in does not mean that we will get much from it besides the high expectations at the beggining of the season and maybe lots of things to bitch about during the same. So, in the end, it will be lots of millions in earnings just for us to watch two or three races with Schumi and Nando and finally getting bores like we are getting bored this year. See? Overrated :P

Just imagine, a Nando/Schumi lineup!

Managing that would be like separating two crazy lions who are fighting over meat. (The meat being Kimi's ice lolly and Massa's bruised head).

Managing that would be like separating two crazy lions who are fighting over meat. (The meat being Kimi's ice lolly and Massa's bruised head).

But it will be at least worth a try. Bah you guys are no fun :P

Ok, how about Hamilton/Button at Ferrari...boy, that would be so thrilling! "He had a great race today!" "Oh, no, you drove better!" "No, no! You deserve all the merit and the team as well!" "I love you, man" "I love you too" "We all love each other! Group hug! Group hug!"

But it will be at least worth a try. Bah you guys are no fun :P

Ok, how about Hamilton/Button at Ferrari...boy, that would be so thrilling! "He had a great race today!" "Oh, no, you drove better!" "No, no! You deserve all the merit and the team as well!" "I love you, man" "I love you too" "We all love each other! Group hug! Group hug!"

Nando/Schumi would be an excellent combo in every way (marketing + results), it's just that neither of those two would ever agree to it.

Nando/Schumi would be an excellent combo in every way (marketing + results), it's just that neither of those two would ever agree to it.

That's what I think.

Then again...what if Schumi wanted to sign for just one year? What if they hire me to convince Nando? All I ask for is a small fee (and a little percentage on the benefits, no more than 35%) and maybe a humble little castle by the River Loire. Oh, and Cameron Diaz. Salma Hayek, if the former is not available. See? So easy!

That's what I think.

Then again...what if Schumi wanted to sign for just one year? What if they hire me to convince Nando? All I ask for is a small fee (and a little percentage on the benefits, no more than 35%) and maybe a humble little castle by the River Loire. Oh, and Cameron Diaz. Salma Hayek, if the former is not available. See? So easy!

If you are being greedy by wanting Michael and Fernando, continue the theme by requesting Cameron and Salma. Then, please let me have the postcode of your castle so I can make a visit and explain to the girls about the virtues of hair.

If you are being greedy by wanting Michael and Fernando, continue the theme by requesting Cameron and Salma. Then, please let me have the postcode of your castle so I can make a visit and explain to the girls about the virtues of hair.

No, no! I prefer them to be shaved...oh, I see...

Ok, what about this:

Nando and Schumi to Ferrari, Vettel and Hamilton to BGP. The oldies vs the newbies. The old team vs. the new team. FOM should get rid of Bernie and get me instead. How could they be so blind?