Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kay

Current Driver Market 09/10

No, no! I prefer them to be shaved...oh, I see...

Ok, what about this:

Nando and Schumi to Ferrari, Vettel and Hamilton to BGP. The oldies vs the newbies. The old team vs. the new team. FOM should get rid of Bernie and get me instead. How could they be so blind?

oldies or newbies...none of this matters of course, if they can't compare themselves againts the speed master named the Iceman, who is the yardstick by which they measure themselves...

No, no! I prefer them to be shaved...oh, I see...

:lol:

Indeed, so we have heard. Apparently, with the aging process and the impairment of your eyes, coupled with your ongoing inability to find the sweet spot, anything that adds to the challenge is not welcome :whistling:

oldies or newbies...none of this matters of course, if they can't compare themselves againts the speed master named the Iceman, who is the yardstick by which they measure themselves...

Oh come on Bradley, using Kimi as a yardstick is like having an Olympic pole vault competition and setting the bar at 3ft 6 :whistling:

Oh come on Bradley, using Kimi as a yardstick is like having an Olympic pole vault competition and setting the bar at 3ft 6 :whistling:

just focus on the speed with which he would fly over...

just focus on the speed with which he would fly over...

Only because they put a cheerleader at the end of the mat with a bottle of vodka in 1 hand and a 69 99 ice cream in the other :lol:

it seems next year will see...

Ferrari: Massa - Alonso

MacLaren: Hamilton - Raikkonen or Rosberg

Renault: Kubica - Kovalainen

Toyota: Trulli - Glock or out of F1

Red Bull: Vettel - Webber

Brawn GP: Button - Heidfeld or Rubinho or Kimi

Force India: Sutil - Fisico

Williams: Rosberg - Nakajima or Heidfeld

Toro Rosso: who cares?

Driver's at Ferrari will be....

Kimi and Massa, with Alonso maybe joining 2011.

If we go by what our TF1 prophet Cav declared, very boldly indeed, Alonso will never race for Ferrari. Let's see :rolleyes:

Some GP2 driver news as well as team sponsorship:

Sergio Perez is rumoured to be Campos' reserve driver with Vitaly Petrov as one of the drivers. He would of course bring Telmex sponsorship.

Portugese Autosport is reporting that Alvaro Parente has Virgin/Manor

Nico Hulkenberg has been listed as a "possibility" for Williams with Renault likely to keep hold of Grosjean

Roldan Rodriguez has been reportedly talking to Peter Windsor, apparently Windsor has been scouting the GP2 field for a well funded driver. But Franck Montangy has also been reported by Crash.net

Would Karun Chandhok move up to Force India's reserve if Luizzi gets a race seat?

Lastly, crash.net has also reported that Kimi Raikkonen could be going to Renault, with Renault finding a new lead sponsor in Nokia. Megafon has also been linked as a possible sponsor, although I guess those two would work against each other.

Brawn's replacement for Virgin next year has also been reported to be Monster Energy, the drinks comapny. Makes sense, because of course, Jenson is now personally sponsored by Monster.

FOM should get rid of Bernie and get me instead. How could they be so blind?

Nah you don't qualify for this post:

• You don't have a stupid haircut (being bald does not qualify)
  • You are too tall (great than 4ft 6 inches)
  • You don't look like a hobbit (although the jury is out on this one :) )
  • You do not attract leggy models for partners
  • Your IQ is over 50

:D

Sergio Perez is rumoured to be Campos' reserve driver with Vitaly Petrov as one of the drivers. He would of course bring Telmex sponsorship.

Cool. Not only will a Spanish telecom company sponsor them, but so well a Russian one, and now a Mexican one.

Portugese Autosport is reporting that Alvaro Parente has Virgin/Manor

Hmm, Alvaro may have the mannerisms of a virgin, but I'm not sure he really is one. It's all a ploy to attract a telecom sponsor and go to Campos.

Nico Hulkenberg has been listed as a "possibility" for Williams with Renault likely to keep hold of Grosjean

Poor Flav, if Grosjean's all he's got to hold on to, he's just not bringing in the women like he used to.

RoldanRodriguez has been reportedly talking to Peter Windsor, apparentlyWindsor has been scouting the GP2 field for a well funded driver. ButFranck Montangy has also been reported by Crash.net

Isn't it funny that Roldan isn't the least talented driver that Team US F1 have talked to? LOLDanica. On another note, looks like US F1 failed to convince the US government to buy 60% of them, and that magic "we don't need no sponsors" $64,000,000 Ken Anderson predicted he'd ejaculate never happened. So sad. Here we are with 1,000 useless Cosworth teams that are making this into Champ Car with two engine suppliers (Merc and Cossie) and Petit Le Mans is being contested by Audi, Peugeot, Aston, Acura, Mazda, Oreca, and more.

Would Karun Chandhok move up to Force India's reserve if Luizzi gets a race seat?

OMG AND NARAIN KARTHIKEYAN WILL RACE FOR THEM IN 2008!! Oh wait.

Lastly,crash.net has also reported that Kimi Raikkonen could be going toRenault, with Renault finding a new lead sponsor in Nokia. Megafon hasalso been linked as a possible sponsor, although I guess those twowould work against each other.

There's an issue of F1 Racing from 2006, with a photoshopped Renault R26 with Nokia logos on the side, suggesting Kimi and Heikki would complete in all-Finns squad and Nokia would sponsor them. That rumor was so accurate it never happened. Oh by the way, MegaFon and Nokia go hand and hand so maybe it makes sense.

Brawn's replacement for Virginnext year has also been reported to be Monster Energy, the drinkscomapny. Makes sense, because of course, Jenson is now personallysponsored by Monster.

Great, now we'll get all these weird ugly kids with acne and long hair who are disrespectful and dress distastefully in F1. Oh wait, we already have Hartley, nevermind.

Potential World Series by Renault champion for 2009, Bertrand Baguette has apparently received a proposal for a race seat at Campos or Manor according to La Derni

Well, by now you all have read that the troll (orc?) Flavio was in talks with Williams to cut them a deal on the engine supply as long as they would NOT offer a seat to Kubica, whom Flavio wanted in Renault. That would negate rumours of Kimi-Alonso swap. Of course, the hearings stopped all that. The big question is, if Williams gets Cosworth engines, will they offer a spot to Kubica, or is he going to stay with Sauber and "his shady unknown investors?"

Watching GP2 @ Monza :P:P Nico Hulkenberg leads championship which confirms his Williams spot (hopefully) to replace Nico who's off to McLaren! Doubt Naka will stay & maybe McLaren might exchange Nico for Kovy! Vitaly Petrov is a good wet driver as it was lashing in GP2 race & should get a drive next year, probably for Campos who he raced with in GP2 in 2007-08!

Potential World Series by Renault champion for 2009, Bertrand Baguette has apparently received a proposal for a race seat at Campos or Manor according to La Dernière Heure. No, I haven't heard of them either.

Belgian paper. Belgian driver. Hmm. The legitimacy of those rumors could be questioned.

Baguette must be brining super huge money. I'm not knocking World Series by Renault, it obviously takes talent to win a championship there, but his Superleague Formula record isn't very good, especially consider F1 flop Sébastien Bourdais won in his first weekend of SF, while Baguette can hardly finish in the top ten.

If Baguette has money, he'll go to US F1. They claim to have a $64,000,000 budget, and $63,000,000 of that doesn't actually exist just yet.

Well, let's see who has come from WSR in the current crop of F1 drivers. Vettel and Kubica, hmm, very good talent there!

And who's come from superleague to F1?.......*tumbleweed*....pass.

http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,18954,3213_5573931,00.html

Jenson Button's future at Brawn GP is onthe line after the team reportedly failed to offer him the sort ofsalary worthy of a Formula One World Champion.

Button signed with Brawn GP at the start of this year'sChampionship after Ross Brawn bought the outfit from Honda in an 11thhour deal. As part of his own deal with Brawn, Button agreed to cut hissalary from an estimated

Belgian paper. Belgian driver. Hmm. The legitimacy of those rumors could be questioned.

Baguette must be brining super huge money. I'm not knocking World Series by Renault, it obviously takes talent to win a championship there, but his Superleague Formula record isn't very good, especially consider F1 flop Sébastien Bourdais won in his first weekend of SF, while Baguette can hardly finish in the top ten.

If Baguette has money, he'll go to US F1. They claim to have a $64,000,000 budget, and $63,000,000 of that doesn't actually exist just yet.

I hope he gets a drive, whoever the hell he is, because his name is food. I wish his first name was ham and his middle name was cheese. That'd be cool.

And who's come from superleague to F1?.......*tumbleweed*....pass.

That wasn't really my point. My point was that if Baguette can't win in Superleague, nor can he beat Bourdais, he won't do well in Formula 1, unless you regard Superleague as the pinnacle of driversport and Bourdais as a legend.

abbas do you work for planet-f1??

No, Shaliq works for Maure. Maure pays him to disagree, drawing attention to Maure's posts, and therefore giving Maure the wonderous wonders of knowing everyone read his post in which he may or may not talk like _this_.

I hope he gets a drive, whoever the hell he is, because his name is food. I wish his first name was ham and his middle name was cheese. That'd be cool.

Who do you think you're kidding, George? It's "Deep Fried Baguette" or you just don't care.

making use of the following real food related names of drivers...

Baker

Berger (close nuff)

di Palma (ham)

Martini

Miller

Plato

I thought up this little commentary (said in the style of the legend that is Murray Walker)...

Baker's pushing Berger back on top of Plato - looks like it's a stop for Martini. No, hang on it's Miller light on fuel. And e's off - that was 7 seconds. Down the neck to the exit now.

Di Palma hamfisted in his pursuit of glory - that's got to hurt.

Meanwhile Baguette's trying to find a way past Montoya - not a ****ing chance! says our little fat friend.

Or structured another way...

Baker's pushing Berger back on top of Plate - Oh, looks like it's a stop for Martini. No, hang on it's Miller light. On fuel and ease off - that was 7 seconds down the neck. To the exit. Now.

Di Palma ham, fisted in his pursuit of glory - that's got to hurt.

Meanwhile Baguette's trying to find a way past Montoya - not a ****ing chance! says our little fat friend.

I'm ever so proud

making use of the following real food related names of drivers...

Baker

Berger (close nuff)

di Palma (ham)

Martini

Miller

Plato

I thought up this little commentary (said in the style of the legend that is Murray Walker)...

Baker's pushing Berger back on top of Plato - looks like it's a stop for Martini. No, hang on it's Miller light on fuel. And e's off - that was 7 seconds. Down the neck to the exit now.

Di Palma hamfisted in his pursuit of glory - that's got to hurt.

Or structured another way...

Baker's pushing Berger back on top of Plate - Oh, looks like it's a stop for Martini. No, hang on it's Miller light. On fuel and ease off - that was 7 seconds down the neck. To the exit. Now.

Di Palma ham, fisted in his pursuit of glory - that's got to hurt.

I'm ever so proud

Haha, that_made_me_smile :D Although I think you may have too much time on yer hands, I worry for the futures of those children you teach :P

You missed out an important driver (food?) Alex Figge.

Imagine if he flipped, that was cause a nightmare for commentators "He's dug in, oh it's a roll, a Figge roll!" :P

Haha, that_made_me_smile :D Although I think you may have too much time on yer hands, I worry for the futures of those children you teach :P

I've mentioned before - Chinese F1 comentators are just terrible. They don't understand the radio transmission, so translate something random like 'keep going fast' instead of 'Ruben's, you've lost your front wing'. They don't understand the technology at all - they're just general sports commentators/TV people drafted in to cover F1.

I am doing China a valuable service in training (from the age of 5 - we start young here) the next generation of super-F1-commentators.

You missed out an important driver (food?) Alex Figge.

Imagine if he flipped, that was cause a nightmare for commentators "He's dug in, oh it's a roll, a Figge roll!" :P

:clap3: forced, crap, corny - my favourite kind of joke.

"With a silence that spoke volumes, Martin Whitmarsh has point-blank refused to deny that Kimi Raikkonen is on the verge of returning to McLaren as Heikki Kovalainen's replacement.

Pressed on the rumours that Raikkonen would be leaving Ferrari to become Lewis Hamilton's team-mate for next season, a laughing Whitmarsh refused to comment despite strenuous requests from the panellists on the BBC Forum.

Although Whitmarsh's reticence could be interpreted as a simple 'no comment', the McLaren boss' demeanour spoke volumes, not least because he also refused to endorse the under-pressure Kovalainen. His remark that "my job is to ensure that McLaren have the best two drivers possible" and admission that the Finn's performances had been disappointing seem to have signalled the death knell of Kovalainen's McLaren career.

But while Whitmarsh was shy on revealing McLaren's 2010 line-up, he did also let slip that, according to paddock gossip, Robert Kubica will move to Renault at the end of the current campaign. "

SOOO..... Kubica to Renault, Kimi to McLaren, Alonso to Ferrari. Guess Nico didn't help himself in Singapore.

Guess Nico didn't help himself in Singapore.

Nico didn't need to; he's going to Brawn. It's probably better than McLaren, too. They may let Kimi race, but Lewis will always be their number one. While Jenson has a number one status at Brawn, too, Nico is Mercedes' boy and Rubens was allowed to win twice this year while Heikki wasn't even getting the new updates to the chassis like Hamilton.

Besides, Brawn will make Nico an offer he can't refuse...Brawn know if they take Nico and leave Fernando and Kimi at Ferrari and McLaren respectively, they get something of an advantage. There's little doubt McLaren and Ferrari will have some of the better chassis in 2010, and Brawn will have a tough time beating them. However, if Brawn have a clear 1-2 pairing in Jenson and Nico, they'll have no distractions to go forward in another title run, while McLaren will have Kimi stealing points from Lewis and Lewis stealing back from Kimi (as well as Kimi bringing team morale down), just as Ferrari will with Massa and Alonso. Brawn can't let Nico go to McLaren or they're going to have a tougher battle.