Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rainmaster

The Next Battle

But I do appreciate that FOTA would not be happy (understandably so) with someone who may have present or recent links with an existing team - it leaves them (the new president) wide open to accusations of bias even when there is none.

Precisely. The appointment of Todt would probably work in a logical, paranoid free enviroment, but not in F1. It's tricky. You need a true impartial who understands the commercial, the passionate and the safety aspects of the sport in equal measure. Someone who is sympathetic and yet tough. The problem is, if you appoint someone from outside, they automatically get labelled as someone who doesn't understand. Not so much a problem when dealing with the day to day nuts and bolts, but essential when convincing the fans that you have an interest and therefore securing their support.

Precisely. The appointment of Todt would probably work in a logical, paranoid free enviroment, but not in F1. It's tricky. You need a true impartial who understands the commercial, the passionate and the safety aspects of the sport in equal measure. Someone who is sympathetic and yet tough. The problem is, if you appoint someone from outside, they automatically get labelled as someone who doesn't understand. Not so much a problem when dealing with the day to day nuts and bolts, but essential when convincing the fans that you have an interest and therefore securing their support.

I don't think the teams want that, they just want a rubber stamp for anything they bring along really now that they have Max out the door

Well, I sent off my application to the post of FIA president last night! Fingers crossed people!!!

I don't think the teams want that, they just want a rubber stamp for anything they bring along really now that they have Max out the door

Well, that's no good in my opinion. We need someone who has the guts and the knowledge to disagree with the teams when they are trying to act purely in their own interests.

Well, I sent off my application to the post of FIA president last night! Fingers crossed people!!!

Is that a good thing?

Dave Richards.

That'd be interesting!

Well bollock me, that bloke'd be the bees knees as pres'dent. I 'ave to consider 'aving a bid for the title, but I 'ave 'ad me knickers in a twist over being so rubbish at ent'ring me team in Formula 1. I've a bit of a grude with those barmy blokes, that FIA. They've all gone a bit sad and I'm a bit cheesed off 'bout the whole thing, if I was in charge they'd all be doing porridge. I 'ave been 'aving a cracking time in me castle these days, I do live in a castle, though I'm sure you know, you're Bri'ish, so you live in a castle too, do you not? Ah, fiddle sticks, I've no real int'rest in doin' such a thing, no need for porkies, I really am fine just selling Aston Martins and wearing bowler hats and going to the zoo to see Welsh people, like all normal Bri'ish people do, it's a smashing time really. Jolly good to 'ave a chat with a fan of mine, though, thanks for the int'rest. I 'ave to spend a penny now so 'ave a grand day. Toodle pip.

-Dave

(please tell me I'm not the only one who remembers the many posts I made impersonating Dave Richards on my old account).

(please tell me I'm not the only one who remembers the many posts I made impersonating Dave Richards on my old account).

A good impersonator would know that he hates being called Dave.

OMG JV! That'd be a dream coming true ^^

have I mentioned that U R sick and twisted? No? Oh, well... rolleyes.gif

Someone who disagrees with the team who acts for their own interests? Thats settled. Juan Pablo Montoya for FIA president. :D

In all fairness, you may as well put Luca di Pizzerio in charge, nothing would ever change but I would like to see what Alain Prost would do.