Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Insider

Today In F1

"While there is no real malice in what the Englishman says or means, what he has to remember is that times have changed and that, whether one likes it or not, one cannot be as forthright in one's opinion these days.That said, there is a difference between being forthright and actually going on record as saying that Hitler wasn't all bad, misunderstood even. Furthermore, to suggest that the Austrian was only obeying orders (his own?) is downright ludicrous.

Earlier this year, Carole Thatcher, daughter of the former British Prime Minister, Margaret, lost her job with the BBC's One Show - even though it is utter populist garbage - for a remark made in private and not on air. Although there were only two or three people present, her comment that a tennis player's haircut made him look like a 'Gollywog' caused (media) outrage.

In these times while some might see such a comment for what it really is, and how it is really intended, nobody can be perceived as agreeing with it, for then, despite the intended innocence of the comment you are guilty by association.

We will not repeat Ecclestone's comments here, there is no point. However, the words of a senior Formula 1 insider are certainly worth heeding.

"I gather that Jewish groups have already expressed their disapproval of Ecclestone's remarks, and understandably so," the source told Pitpass. "Personally, though, having known him for many years, I don't think he's racist or anti-Semitic at all. No, the sad truth is that he's an old man who's lost the plot. In fact, most of what he says these days is plain stupid, I'm sorry to say."

Source, Pitpass. Pretty much covers what I think.

...waiting for BMW, Mercedes, Red Bull... Those guys will be jury for this discussion. If they do not comment, I'll have to agree with you that his comments are not that bad. However, if they do, you'll have to agree with me :)

...waiting for BMW, Mercedes, Red Bull... Those guys will be jury for this discussion. If they do not comment, I'll have to agree with you that his comments are not that bad. However, if they do, you'll have to agree with me smile.gif

Why would they? The worse supposed shock horror story was Max Mosley's sex scandal.

I completely agree. Oh look, i said Hitler's name. Does that make me a Jew-killing Nazi? No.

Yes. You should be scooped up and buried in a pit.

EDIT: This post is long and doesn't really say anything. Just so you know.

Not entirely sure how Max's sex scandal pertains, Mr. JHS. There does seem to be a small difference, to me at least, between Max having his privacy violated and Bernie openly telling the media something. Bernie made it public so his views are allowed to meet criticism; he asked for it. Max, on the other hand, as bizarre as that deal was, it wasn't his fault entirely that it got out (it was only his fault that he did it in the first place, had he not, it never would've gotten out there, but that's up to Max to decide the ethics of such a thing, I personally don't agree with it with him being married and all but that's up to him and his wife). Max's was his private life, and all, but Bernie's...well, it isn't private if you make it public, and he did.

Perhaps I have over-reacted a little bit but it's just absolutely insane to reference Hitler or Saddam in a positive light, in my personal opinion, whatever point he was trying to make. I'm sure Bernie isn't racist and I don't think people are accusing him of hating Jewish people or anything, I just think that they (and myself included) would like to see him accept that if he's going to be a public figure and represent our sport that he not talk positively about evil, awful, terrible, disgusting, etc people when trying to portray the type of leadership he wants. He didn't say "oh yes let's round up whomever and torture them for funsies," but "getting things done" does imply, in my mind, using tactics like those IF AND ONLY IF you reference leaders like those. Bernard did. And if he did, it's fair game, even if it IS a stretch, for me to infer that Bernie is well aware of HOW they got things done, and while he and Max obviously won't do that, he's still implying that he is okay with them "getting things done" at all costs, like they did. And whatever he meant, that's the unfortunate thing about referencing people with those connotations, and that's why you don't do it. It really is offensive to many people to say anything positive about them, no matter what there was.

I WILL be slightly wishy-washy and say a publication asking someone who their favorite dictator was is really just poor journalism; you can tell they WANTED him to say this, so we'd all read their article, but then again, fair game, if you say "oh I love dictatorships" you do set your own self up for that question.

There are certain things you just don't say, and I think that's the point. Talking about some of the world's worst men, ever, in a good way is just one of those things, whether or not you think people should or should not be able to talk about them is up to you, but it's also irrelevant, because when you speak, you may believe "oh this is okay to say" but you do have to be respectful, and if it offends your audience, don't say it whether you want to or not.

I'm sure Bernie's not some evil awful person and all that, but he shouldn't have even given us the option to have to make that call and just shut up.

Yes, I can understand why his comments against Hitler are more controversial than his comments about Saddam.

Andres, as far as I can tell, we agree on most things. At least that he wasn't defending Hitler's crimes, he does have a right to free speech, and society does have the right to condemn him if they want to. Personally I don't see the point in getting worked up or angry at the comments of some old guy (I guess that's because I never lived through such atrocities). Still, getting Bernie out of his job for this, I'm not entirely sure what it achieves apart from maybe some misplaced sense of revenge for some people. Does Bernie really care if he loses his job? I think he has enough money. It might be better for somebody from some of the organisations you mentioned to sit down and set him straight, rather than some mob mentality trying to force him out.

I don't think he made the comments in good faith, I just don't think he made them to anger people, either. I think he tried to make a point and didn't really consider the consequences. I'm surprised so many people think age isn't a defence to ignorance; ignorant people come in all shapes, sizes and ages. Ignorance is a way of life for some people. All kinds of intelligent people like Bernie have all kinds of silly, ignorant views. Should we really attack somebody for holding those views? I'm not sure it helps anybody. I find it a lot easier to believe that an old guy like Bernie is ignorant than I do to believe he is a Nazi deep down, sorry.

He could've used much better examples of good leaders, although he was trying to make a point about dictatorships (in an attempt to defend Max, iirc), so I guess when you think of dictators Hitler was the guy who came to mind. He does say in the article that it's 'terrible to say this I suppose' so clearly he did know it wasn't a great example, but it also shows he wasn't really trying to offend anybody, and didn't realise that it would be that offensive. Btw, if you believe that Bernie did know the implications of this, then what do you think his reasons were for saying it? I can't really understand why he would want to cause such outrage with people, which is why I think he didn't realise the consequences.

1) Yep, we do agree on most things. I don't think he is actually defending Hitler's crimes. He even tried a pathetic explanation to separate his "admiration" towards Hitler's leadership capabilities and the wonderful world of dictatorships (geez, the guy is an idiot no matter how lightly you look at his comments). It is hard for me (and I guess for many people) to understand how can you praise Hitler for "getting things done" (can you see the stupidity there?) while trying to explain that you don't condone his crimes. I don't buy it. Naby people won't buy it and will crucify him. Now, if he is so smart to be this succesful, and everybody admires Bernie for that, then he should have seen this coming and he will have to take full responsability on whatever comes to him.

2) Society reacts against his cruel, insensitive comments. Why, you ask? Why not, I ask? It's OUR use of freedom of speech. If I fart in crowded subways as a hobby I won't be violating any law (at least, not in Argentina that I'm aware of). People around me will, on the other hand, be disgusted and move away from me. Why not? They have the right. I have every right to be offended by Bernie's comments. Even if they were done by an ignorant, senile guy (which I doubt anybody here serioulsy think he is).

3) He is a grown man. His work is 90% based on public relations. He didn't know the consequences? Nah,I don't buy it. I don't care, either whether he was aware or not on the consequences of what he was saying. He said them. He will have to face the consequences. Nobody will lynch him. Nobody will throw him in jail or insert bamboo needles under his toenails for it. Lynching mobs will be the favorite phrase used by people defending Bernie even though we know that he won't be lynched. He probably won't even get a fine for his comments. He will mostly get a lot of media heat and requests for him to step down.

Now I ask you (and I know this is off topic): if we all lived in a wonderful dictatorship under the enlightened guide of a decaf Hitler or Saddam, do you think that he would have had such great opportunities if he had praised non aryan people or kurdish people? I'd rather stay with the "mob lynching crowd" in this affaire. They are defending a better society than Bernie's.

4) Like you said, he was aware of "how terrible" his comments were. Then you can be allegating ignorance in such case. As what was the point? No idea. I have a theory, as good as any other. Lots of power/money give you the gift of impunity in this world, sadly. At least, that's what most rich/powerful people think. He alwyas acted with total disregard for conventionalisms and was always a witty, cynical guy. I have enjoyed malgr

I completely agree. Oh look, i said Hitler's name. Does that make me a Jew-killing Nazi? No.

Once again, it's the tabloid news papers and gossipers making something out of nothing. It was the same with Max Mosley's sex scandal. For sure what he did was wrong, but come on, it's his private life, emphasis on "private".

Congratulations on entirely missing the point here.

1) Yep, we do agree on most things. I don't think he is actually defending Hitler's crimes. He even tried a pathetic explanation to separate his "admiration" towards Hitler's leadership capabilities and the wonderful world of dictatorships (geez, the guy is an idiot no matter how lightly you look at his comments). It is hard for me (and I guess for many people) to understand how can you praise Hitler for "getting things done" (can you see the stupidity there?) while trying to explain that you don't condone his crimes. I don't buy it. Naby people won't buy it and will crucify him. Now, if he is so smart to be this succesful, and everybody admires Bernie for that, then he should have seen this coming and he will have to take full responsability on whatever comes to him.

2) Society reacts against his cruel, insensitive comments. Why, you ask? Why not, I ask? It's OUR use of freedom of speech. If I fart in crowded subways as a hobby I won't be violating any law (at least, not in Argentina that I'm aware of). People around me will, on the other hand, be disgusted and move away from me. Why not? They have the right. I have every right to be offended by Bernie's comments. Even if they were done by an ignorant, senile guy (which I doubt anybody here serioulsy think he is).

3) He is a grown man. His work is 90% based on public relations. He didn't know the consequences? Nah,I don't buy it. I don't care, either whether he was aware or not on the consequences of what he was saying. He said them. He will have to face the consequences. Nobody will lynch him. Nobody will throw him in jail or insert bamboo needles under his toenails for it. Lynching mobs will be the favorite phrase used by people defending Bernie even though we know that he won't be lynched. He probably won't even get a fine for his comments. He will mostly get a lot of media heat and requests for him to step down.

Now I ask you (and I know this is off topic): if we all lived in a wonderful dictatorship under the enlightened guide of a decaf Hitler or Saddam, do you think that he would have had such great opportunities if he had praised non aryan people or kurdish people? I'd rather stay with the "mob lynching crowd" in this affaire. They are defending a better society than Bernie's.

4) Like you said, he was aware of "how terrible" his comments were. Then you can be allegating ignorance in such case. As what was the point? No idea. I have a theory, as good as any other. Lots of power/money give you the gift of impunity in this world, sadly. At least, that's what most rich/powerful people think. He alwyas acted with total disregard for conventionalisms and was always a witty, cynical guy. I have enjoyed malgr

Tbh, I don't even know why I am even partially defending Bernie in this, I guess it's just a sign of the fact there is nothing else to argue about ;)

Or maybe I just like a challenge.

1) Yup, I can see the stupidity. I always maintained that his comments were pretty stupid. Yes, I agree he should know better, especially in modern times where you can read up on just about anything; nobody with access to the internet/a library has a valid defence of ignorance these days imo, although many people still are about lots of stuff. Yep, I also agree he has to take responsibility, I would never make some kind of defence that people aren't responsible for what they do or say. The main issue is whether he said it maliciously or out of stupidity, my vote would be stupidity. So I can find him guilty, but he gets a much lighter sentence if he didn't intend to offend everybody. That's really the most important issue for me. Yeah, he is smart, and it's always interesting/odd when people have great intelligence in one area (e.g. business, PR in the case of Bernie) and don't apply it to other areas of their lives.

I see your point. It's just that is harder for me to imagine that he didn't really imagine that his comments would sound offensive. Even if he intended to make clear that he wasn't condoning Hitler's crimes (and he failed at it), his comments on Saddam and dictatorships in general were obviously stir trouble. My take is that he knew he was being "revulsive" with his comments. In fact, my take is the actually rejoice in it. Much like I am merely arguing with you because I miss a good argument here as much as you :P

2) I'm not really asking why people (society) are reacting, people love any controversy, however minor. From my POV it doesn't really get anything done, but I guess that's just my philosophy of life - if your going to do something, you might as well make sure it's worth doing. I never questioned anybodies right to criticise his public comments, I just questioned the point of it. But yes, if people want to waste energy being angry at some old man that is up to them, I would never deny them that right. If I'm ever in Argentina, remind me not to stand near you :D

People will probably waste as much energy attacking him as you are wasting defending him, sort of, or defending his freedom of speech or whatever you are doing. As you can see, all my efforts in these matter go as far as typing incoherences in this forum. I am wasting as much energy as you so we are even on this one :P

Of course, people with their own agendas will make good use of his faux pas. You can criticize their agendas but he asked for it by giving them such an obvious target.

3) Well I guess we disagree on that, I'm not sure he realised, in full, the consequences of saying that. If he did, surely he wouldn't have said it? I can't find a good reason that he would knowingly want to offend so many people. Yeah, he wouldn't have had such freedom in that kind of society, and yeah the "mob lynching crowd" (in your words) are defending a better society. In my dictatorship society would ignore old fools like Bernie. Out of curiosity, do you think he should be fined for these comments?

I don't think he should be fined for these comments. I do think he should be frowned upon, condemend by society either by writing everywhere how despicable he is or putting pressure for him to step down. Those are perfectly legal, even mild punishment for a guy who likes dictatorships. It's like people who say they would have loved to live in ancient Greece without realizing that chances are that they would have ended living as slaves or cannon fodder rather than living the life of a Plato, or a Perichles. Maybe that will make him think twice before favoring regimes which can be much harder than our mob lynching democracy ;)

4) I allege ignorance because, clearly, he is ignorant (or just senile) on this matter if he believes that Hitler was persuaded to do anything. Ignorance is a lack of knowledge and he is clearly lacking it on this subject, or, alternatively you could believe that he knows the facts and has come to this faulty conclusion. I lean towards the former, maybe that makes me naive, or perhaps an optimist. Perhaps he was just being his usual self and defying conventions, even so I imagine if he knew the implications at the time he wouldn't have said it - he didn't have anything to gain from this one, after all.

We just disagree in the light under which we perceive Bernie. More benevolent from you, more condemnable from me. I don't think he wasn't thinking about gaining anything except some cheap first page articles of him. Maybe that is all he wanted. After all, he knows that democracy is lenient enough to let him get away with this. So he gets his publicity, even though a bad one (not that it ever matered to him) and we get something to talk about.

As for being rich and famous giving you impunity, largely true I think, although in matters of controversial opinions rich/famous people have everything they say scrutinised. I am sure there are plenty of poor, ordinary people who hold some similar views who never even have the luxury of having them challenged.

Yes, they don't get such luxury. And that is one of the few luxuries theyu should be glad they don't get. Still, not enough to earn any sympathy towards Bernie from me!

I see your point. It's just that is harder for me to imagine that he didn't really imagine that his comments would sound offensive. Even if he intended to make clear that he wasn't condoning Hitler's crimes (and he failed at it), his comments on Saddam and dictatorships in general were obviously stir trouble. My take is that he knew he was being "revulsive" with his comments. In fact, my take is the actually rejoice in it. Much like I am merely arguing with you because I miss a good argument here as much as you :P

It has been too long since we've had anything which is remotely interesting to argue about! And don't worry, I actually think that Bernie should be lambasted for his comments (I'm just too lazy to be the one who does it :P ). You can't go around saying stuff like that, especially if your in his position.

People will probably waste as much energy attacking him as you are wasting defending him, sort of, or defending his freedom of speech or whatever you are doing. As you can see, all my efforts in these matter go as far as typing incoherences in this forum. I am wasting as much energy as you so we are even on this one :P

Of course, people with their own agendas will make good use of his faux pas. You can criticize their agendas but he asked for it by giving them such an obvious target.

Yes, I thought you might say I was wasting some energy :P But I am at least satisfying my need to argue about things, and I guess people who use this against Bernie or attack him for it are just serving their needs, too. Anyway, I don't think I'm wasting too much energy, I'm like the Fangio/Federer of arguing ya know :P

I don't think he should be fined for these comments. I do think he should be frowned upon, condemend by society either by writing everywhere how despicable he is or putting pressure for him to step down. Those are perfectly legal, even mild punishment for a guy who likes dictatorships. It's like people who say they would have loved to live in ancient Greece without realizing that chances are that they would have ended living as slaves or cannon fodder rather than living the life of a Plato, or a Perichles. Maybe that will make him think twice before favoring regimes which can be much harder than our mob lynching democracy ;)

Yup, I doubt he will even consider that last sentence! I'm glad you don't think he should be fined, if only because he probably wouldn't notice anyway.

We just disagree in the light under which we perceive Bernie. More benevolent from you, more condemnable from me. I don't think he wasn't thinking about gaining anything except some cheap first page articles of him. Maybe that is all he wanted. After all, he knows that democracy is lenient enough to let him get away with this. So he gets his publicity, even though a bad one (not that it ever matered to him) and we get something to talk about.

That is the only area we really seem to disagree on. I just wonder what Bernie's response will be to all this furore, that could be quite telling.

Yes, they don't get such luxury. And that is one of the few luxuries theyu should be glad they don't get. Still, not enough to earn any sympathy towards Bernie from me!

Actually I didn't mean that luxury bit in a sarcastic way, I really do think it is a good thing that someone like Bernie gets his views challenged whereas there are plenty of people who might hold similar ones about all kinds of things, that never get challenged because they never get to do an interview with The Times. Not that I think for a moment that Bernie will see the reaction and change his opinions; he is far too old and set in his ways after all. But yeah, famous people should be glad to have their opinions constantly challenged, although I doubt they see it that way :lol:

He is not John Smith, he is public figure, his words are quoted and he should take care what come out of his mouth if he want to keep being successful. I am not sure he is not crazy. His comments lately do not sound sane. After all he is 78. I think anyone who trust his money to 78 year old guy is very brave.

I think he is not going to do his job in the season 2010. He will be persuaded to retire.

He IS a public figure and thats exactly WHY he says those things. I mean, his comments may be polemic, but make us read about it, and consequentially, keep reading about Formula One, he keeps the press around Formula One. No long after Lewis got his championship, he said something that could've got as polemical as this, when he said 'if he could get a female jew black driver' into Formula One, that'd be awesome. No, he didn't mean it as 'we are all equal so let's be happy together' he wants the press to get interested, he wants the cameras. That's all. That's about using mass media to keep interest about an specific topic. And yes he is 78 and he IS STILL there. He must be real good on what he does to go that far, don't you think? That's why people DO trust their money on him, because he proved he CAN do it and WILL keep Formula One working, unlike others. You can't mistake Max's attitudes with Bernie's also. Max wants the hierarchy power, he wants to be on top, and wants everyone to know he can do whatever he wants to because he can do it, whereas Bernie has to respect him to some point because the hierarchy must exist, but he also has to make this work in agreement with the interest of Fota, because what's the point in leading if you do not have anyone to lead? Also, without FIA or without Fota there's no Formula One. He was the only sensible guy to realize this, while most people were either too angry at Fota for being 'rebellious', or so excited about having a so-called fan-friendly series (cof cof) with Fota. He is NOT crazy and I dunno what's gon be of F1 when he's gone.

He IS a public figure and thats exactly WHY he says those things. I mean, his comments may be polemic, but make us read about it, and consequentially, keep reading about Formula One, he keeps the press around Formula One. No long after Lewis got his championship, he said something that could've got as polemical as this, when he said 'if he could get a female jew black driver' into Formula One, that'd be awesome. No, he didn't mean it as 'we are all equal so let's be happy together' he wants the press to get interested, he wants the cameras. That's all. That's about using mass media to keep interest about an specific topic.

If this is the motive, he has choosen wrong way. There are ways that might attract the media without you loosing your job. He is going to loose his job, I am sure.

And yes he is 78 and he IS STILL there. He must be real good on what he does to go that far, don't you think? That's why people DO trust their money on him, because he proved he CAN do it and WILL keep Formula One working, unlike others.

Did anyone else had a chance to try in the last 20 years? Also you might argue that Max and himself with their supreme leadership abilities have brought the sport into position of falling appart. It happened because of their misjudgemnt of Ross Brawn and Dieter Matesitch. If only for that I think both of them should be retired urgently for the good of the sport.

You can't mistake Max's attitudes with Bernie's also. Max wants the hierarchy power, he wants to be on top, and wants everyone to know he can do whatever he wants to because he can do it, whereas Bernie has to respect him to some point because the hierarchy must exist, but he also has to make this work in agreement with the interest of Fota, because what's the point in leading if you do not have anyone to lead? Also, without FIA or without Fota there's no Formula One. He was the only sensible guy to realize this, while most people were either too angry at Fota for being 'rebellious', or so excited about having a so-called fan-friendly series (cof cof) with Fota. He is NOT crazy and I dunno what's gon be of F1 when he's gone.

Bernie was playing along with Max and being mostly quiet until he has seen that there is no room for jokes and manipulations, that Formula is falling appart. Only then he changed his tune, but until then he actively supported Max's policy. So his leadership abilities failed together with Mosley's. They were beaten by united teams. They can put up a battle or two but their power is diminishing and talking about Hitler do not help your survival at that position.

Not entirely sure how Max's sex scandal pertains, Mr. JHS.

I never said it was just, but that was a bigger story than this if you like the "Shock, horror, scandal" thing. You can tell when there isn't much news going around the world and the tabloids have to resort to petty rubbish!

Come on, let's just get on with F1.

If this is the motive, he has choosen wrong way. There are ways that might attract the media without you loosing your job. He is going to loose his job, I am sure.

Did anyone else had a chance to try in the last 20 years? Also you might argue that Max and himself with their supreme leadership abilities have brought the sport into position of falling appart. It happened because of their misjudgemnt of Ross Brawn and Dieter Matesitch. If only for that I think both of them should be retired urgently for the good of the sport.

Bernie was playing along with Max and being mostly quiet until he has seen that there is no room for jokes and manipulations, that Formula is falling appart. Only then he changed his tune, but until then he actively supported Max's policy. So his leadership abilities failed together with Mosley's. They were beaten by united teams. They can put up a battle or two but their power is diminishing and talking about Hitler do not help your survival at that position.

- If he leaves F1 will be due to his age, not because someone will 'cut his job'. this option doesn't exist. sorry.

- As I said, you are mistaking Bernie and Max and they are two different people. Bernie wants F1 to work fine and give him investment return. Max wants the power. If Bernie can have someone he can trust into making him sure F1 WILL suceed like he trusts in Max, ok, good for him. But believe me, the Fota bulls*it 1. was never a true attempt, because even they knew they couldnt do it and 2. was destined to a major failure, that'd end up with both F1 and their news series. And the end of the sport, thank u very much.

- That's exactly what he meant with this quote. When you have a leader, u trust him and u let him take choices that he considers being the best for you, and u follow him. The point with Max is that there is a BIG difference between being a leader and a being a boss. When you are a leader, people trust you are the best for that position, and that you are gonna do the best for them, sp they respect you and follow you. When you are the boss, people just follow you because of hierarchy (what mosley tried to hold up to), or because you can ruin this person's life (either byt cutting salaries, or by causing any other kind of harm). But well, they just decided they didn't care of what Max could do, and Bernie was the only who saw him as a leader in the end.

Right. Has the Rothschild faction left the building? Good. Today in F1 this happened.......

More FIA skullduggery here: http://www.totalf1.c...out_of_the_bag/

RBR determined to copy BGP down to the last bolt?: http://www.totalf1.c...change_engines/

More fallout from Ecclestone's Kristallacht: http://www.totalf1.c...estone_meeting/

NB If you want to start a thread about fascists in sport - there's plenty of room elsewhere on Total F1, guys.

Major tip? Expect LG to expand their relationship with F1 to a specific team. Rumours abound that BGP are current favourites though Williams are obviously gagging for it and Campos wouldn't say no.

EDIT: Typo

Okay, here's my contribution to bringing this back to F1:

Brendon Hartley got a sex change.

Well at least I thought so when I saw his picture on GP Update and said "what a hideous girl, who is that?" Then I realized it was him. Cut your hair, you look like a tool and a trannie all at once. Oh well, he's all talk no talent so he won't be on the grid anyway :P.

A real F1 contribution: JR Hildebrand (did Brands with A1GP Team USA) won the Indy Lights race at Watkins Glen (which is like winning a go-kart race in Europe) and allegedly doing so has placed him a bit higher on Team US F1's list. Expect him to get a test. My source is rumor-based speculation. So don't actually expect the test but don't be surprised if it happens. Not like it really matters. There aren't any good choices for them, at least not for a few years when we can see if Josef Newgarden is as good as he appears and if Alexander Rossi's as half-decent as he appears.

Valencia another track struggling with attendance, cutting 35k seats: http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/090703101928.shtml

I think having two GPs in one country is just never a good idea, no matter how big that country is. Perhaps if Alonso wasn't doing so poorly it'd be different, but...planning races around how you think a driver is going to perform will bite you when that driver doesn't perform.

- If he leaves F1 will be due to his age, not because someone will 'cut his job'. this option doesn't exist. sorry.

- As I said, you are mistaking Bernie and Max and they are two different people. Bernie wants F1 to work fine and give him investment return. Max wants the power. If Bernie can have someone he can trust into making him sure F1 WILL suceed like he trusts in Max, ok, good for him. But believe me, the Fota bulls*it 1. was never a true attempt, because even they knew they couldnt do it and 2. was destined to a major failure, that'd end up with both F1 and their news series. And the end of the sport, thank u very much.

- That's exactly what he meant with this quote. When you have a leader, u trust him and u let him take choices that he considers being the best for you, and u follow him. The point with Max is that there is a BIG difference between being a leader and a being a boss. When you are a leader, people trust you are the best for that position, and that you are gonna do the best for them, sp they respect you and follow you. When you are the boss, people just follow you because of hierarchy (what mosley tried to hold up to), or because you can ruin this person's life (either byt cutting salaries, or by causing any other kind of harm). But well, they just decided they didn't care of what Max could do, and Bernie was the only who saw him as a leader in the end.

He can always say it is because of his age or his health. Well I would say that his health is not OK if he has chosen F1 over his family...

I am not mistaking them. They are Laurel and Hardy of Formula 1. They play in sync.

I do not want to discuss FOTA series feasibility. It is fact that Bernie and Max removed all their demands and accepted FOTA demands. They must have thought that threat of the new series is credible. So what two of us think about new series feasibility is irrelevant.

I am sorry Kati I do not follow blindly any leader, I think about what I do and decide if I will continue to follow or not. That is my frame of mind. [E.g. I supported Max in his fight for privacy, but this year his idea to impose rules to the teams is simply unacceptable.]

You are still young, you'll learn.

Some of us are sheep, some are shepards and some do not participate in that submission show.

Some of us live in real life and some of us think the world is pink and everyone should be friendly and nice to others. I live in real world, sorry.

Bernie's response to this episode is covered in James Allen's latest blog entry, found here. If you don't read JA's blog, then start.