Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Insider

Today In F1

As I said last week, I felt Bernie would come down on the side of the teams. Everyone should read this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/andrewbenson/2009/07/f1_row_rumbles_on.html

I did not think it would go that fast (I thought FOTA would wait to get rid of Mosley and then take care of Bernie) but Bernie commited suicide by being stupid about HItler. NOw he is excluded from negotiations since he would be resigning soon.

I did not think it would go that fast (I thought FOTA would wait to get rid of Mosley and then take care of Bernie) but Bernie commited suicide by being stupid about HItler. NOw he is excluded from negotiations since he would be resigning soon.

I doubt that. He's been busy registering trade marks through his Epsilon company in the last 48 hrs: GP1, Grand Prix Series, GP Series and others. Think about it.

It's all going to court.

N.Technology takes FIA to court

By Jonathan Noble Sunday, July 12th 2009, 11:58 GMT

The Italian MSC organisation, parent company of the N.Technology team, is taking the FIA to court in Paris over the new Formula 1 team selection process for 2010, AUTOSPORT has learned.

The N.Technology outfit had hoped to make it onto the grid next season but it withdrew its application in June after what it felt were 'irregularities' and uncertainties about the 2010 championship.

Those frustrations have now resulted in MSC applying to the Tribunal de Grande Instance in Paris last week for a legal hearing into the selection process for new teams. The team told AUTOSPORT that the judge accepted it had a valid case for a hearing, and the matter will now be heard on September 15.

MSC board member Angelo Codignoni, who is a former CEO of Eurosport, told AUTOSPORT: "We are doing this in the name of sport. From our point of view, the procedure for dealing with new entrants was not respected and there was not transparency about the process and preparations for the 2010 championship."

The MSC action follows claims that some of the rejected teams were unhappy about being told they needed to run Cosworth engines if their entry was going to be accepted.

AUTOSPORT understands that FOTA has also asked the FIA to clarify the team selection process, although team figures were keen not to get drawn into the controversy over the Nurburgring weekend.

McLaren team principal Martin Whitmarsh said: "FOTA clearly doesn't have a vote on the selection process, so consequently it is not right to have a voice on it.

"We were not involved in the selection process. I think FOTA's position is that we are very happy to see new teams. It is healthy to see new teams in F1, and if FOTA can assist any team to make a successful start in F1 then we should be doing so."

Source

Good on them, I say.

It's officially official: Bourdais has lost his ride. Some kid who looks like he's wearing eyeliner in most pictures (and probably is, Red Bull's Junior Driving Team seems to be all confused, see Hartley's hairstyle) named Himay is taking over. Good luck to him. Probably a step up, but I'm not convinced he's quite ready for F1. Then again, I wasn't convinced Buemi was, either, and while he hasn't done well, he hasn't been the worst of the worst like Bourds. I think former CCWS rival Paul Tracy summed Bourdais' career up best:

It's hard to have a good race from the gravel trap on the first lap.

Bourdais to return to US & compete in IndyCar for Newman/Haas & also appearences for Peugeot in LMS & Petit Le Mans so I doubt his career is over!

Bourdais to return to US & compete in IndyCar for Newman/Haas & also appearences for Peugeot in LMS & Petit Le Mans so I doubt his career is over!

Is the first part true? If so, pardon me while I kill myself. Nothing better than some arrogant guy who said "oh I'll only come back to the US as a last resort" getting a ride while guys like Paul Tracy who actually shut up and race don't have full-time gigs. Hope Bourds goes to DTM or something. Either way, his F1 career is, thankfully, over.

Is the first part true? If so, pardon me while I kill myself. Nothing better than some arrogant guy who said "oh I'll only come back to the US as a last resort" getting a ride while guys like Paul Tracy who actually shut up and race don't have full-time gigs. Hope Bourds goes to DTM or something. Either way, his F1 career is, thankfully, over.

K, Peugeot sportscar driver only then!

We can put the JayVee return rumors to rest now. Ol' Jacques was at it again in a lower-level stock car feeder series (NASCAR Canadian Tire) race on a small oval in Qu

I doubt that. He's been busy registering trade marks through his Epsilon company in the last 48 hrs: GP1, Grand Prix Series, GP Series and others. Think about it.

Who own Epsilon? Bernie or CVC?

Either way you are not able to register complete dictionary. One can always come up with the name that you did not register. Also there are some cases (in internet domain naming) that would allow someone to squeeze you out of your registered name if they can prove that your intent for registering name was malicious.

Epsilon are a Spanish-Basque racing team who made a sxc Le Mans car last year! They were meant to race this year with a new car but withdrew!

epsilon-2_MrV6b_7071.jpg

Pity the car was crap!

Epsilon are a Spanish-Basque racing team who made a sxc Le Mans car last year! They were meant to race this year with a new car but withdrew!

It is different Epsilon!

Who own Epsilon? Bernie or CVC?

Either way you are not able to register complete dictionary. One can always come up with the name that you did not register. Also there are some cases (in internet domain naming) that would allow someone to squeeze you out of your registered name if they can prove that your intent for registering name was malicious.

Bernie owns Epsilon Ltd, a UK registered company. There is another Epsilon who build Le Mans cars and tried to enter F1 this year. There are called Epsilon Euskadi SA - a different enterprise.

This article should clarify what I was on about:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/12072009/13/ecclestone-backs-breakaway-gp1-series.html

We can put the JayVee return rumors to rest now. Ol' Jacques was at it again in a lower-level stock car feeder series (NASCAR Canadian Tire) race on a small oval in Qu

Max has gone for good. Jean Todt becomes the bookies favourite.

Still no Concorde Agreement but CVC smack Bernie's bottom. Maybe, they could have asked Max...........

Ferrari pour cold water on Kimi rumours and Alonso is still silent about 2010.

Rumours are virulent about a Flabbio buyout of Renault F1.

The new teams have signed nobody and done nothing. I shall believe they are racing when I see them on the grid.

Still no Concorde Agreement but CVC smack Bernie's bottom. Maybe, they could have asked Max...........

Rumours are virulent about a Flabbio buyout of Renault F1.

The new teams have signed nobody and done nothing. I shall believe they are racing when I see them on the grid.

Linky??

Max and Bernie: 1 down 1 to go.

Ferrari & Kimi:

I believe Kimi will be driving F61 next year. Alonso will be driving R30. Alonso might be driving F62. Kimi has until Monza 2010 to declare if he intends to continue driving. If he does, Massa's contract would not be extended in favour of bringing Alonso. If Kimi retires Massa stays. This year at Monza it might be leaked to the press that Alonso is coming to Ferrari in 2011. In the same fashion as everyone knew for Kimi's switch from McM to SF year and a half before it happened. That is my estimate of the situation.

Todt swore that as long as he was in Ferrari Alonso would not get a drive there.

Not the ideal head of the FIA I would like to have, if I was Alonso...

Other than that, Todt can hardly convey an image of fairness to all teams. This will be true even if the guy actually acts in all fairness. It will simply be hard to believe until many years and fair decisions have passed.

Nope, Vatanen is my man. (Unless Peugeot comes back to F1, at least)

Todt swore that as long as he was in Ferrari Alonso would not get a drive there.

Not the ideal head of the FIA I would like to have, if I was Alonso...

Other than that, Todt can hardly convey an image of fairness to all teams. This will be true even if the guy actually acts in all fairness. It will simply be hard to believe until many years and fair decisions have passed.

Nope, Vatanen is my man. (Unless Peugeot comes back to F1, at least)

I think the teams would echo those sentiments, and we know what that means: Todt is going to be the next FIA President. Oh joy.

Jean Todt has an impressive resume and not too many years back I would have thought him a good choice to replace Mad Max. However, given the current turmoil in Formula One I'm thinking an "outsider" who can breathe some fresh air (read: fair and objective) into the organization is what would be best. Vatanen could well be that person but, as "El Maestro" notes, this probably means Todt will be wearing the crown come this autumn.

Jean Todt has an impressive resume and not too many years back I would have thought him a good choice to replace Mad Max. However, given the current turmoil in Formula One I'm thinking an "outsider" who can breathe some fresh air (read: fair and objective) into the organization is what would be best. Vatanen could well be that person but, as "El Maestro" notes, this probably means Todt will be wearing the crown come this autumn.

My sentiments exactly. Apart from Ari, though - who else is there?