Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Insider

Today In F1

Man, it seems a bit of a de-grade to get rid of Trulli and Glock and bring in Kaz!

Man, it seems a bit of a de-grade to get rid of Trulli and Glock and bring in Kaz!

It is, especially considering I'm tied with Kazuki in the WDC, but Kaz will race for hamburgers and hot dogs (cheaper than chicken, hence George won't get the job), while Jarno and Glock probably want a bit more. It's not a formula for success, but when did Toyota ever have one of those?

(For the record, I was just throwing all those names out there. I don't know any more than anyone else does).

I don't know of any up and coming young drivers on the Toyota development programme either, so...:eusa_think:

I don't know of any up and coming young drivers on the Toyota development programme either, so...:eusa_think:

Oh, come on, don't be silly. How could you ever forget about Kamui Kobayashi and Kohei Hirate?

Oh dear. I've heard Legard butcher some names over his short time in F1 this season, and I personally don't want him to even TRY to say those. It would be even worse sounding than "JENSON BUTTON WINNNNNNNS! GET IN THERE!"

Oh dear. I've heard Legard butcher some names over his short time in F1 this season, and I personally don't want him to even TRY to say those. It would be even worse sounding than "JENSON BUTTON WINNNNNNNS! GET IN THERE!"

Gah, you like Hindhaugh, so you clearly have no issue with commentators who can't pronounce names properly :P

Gah, you like Hindhaugh, so you clearly have no issue with commentators who can't pronounce names properly :P

Maybe, but it add so the comedy value with his great Sunderland accent, Legard is just plain repetitive! :P

Maybe, but it add so the comedy value with his great Sunderland accent, Legard is just plain repetitive! :P

Well, you can do worse. You could have

, possibly the best sports broadcaster ever.

I prefer Phil Collins - he can feel it coming in the air tonight, you know :)

On the other hand, he has been waiting for that moment for all his life. Not unlike Eric.

I don't like the look of his left eye but clearly he and his doctors feel his vision is not impaired. The sim should show up any sight problems if they're there - we hope they are not. So, Alonso is his new team mate, as has been expected for many months and Fisi is the T&R driver. Personally, I would have persuaded Sauber to take on a rookie to act as cover for SF. Hey ho, the Scuderia are a law unto themselves and always will be and clearly don't see a need to develop a young driver program. For me, this is clear madness, especially with a resource like a seven-time WDC under contract who could run it. Piquet is a 'smashing little driver' according to the Manor boss, John Booth. In the literal sense of Booth's remark, he is indeed a craftsman of mind-blowing precision. Alas, he is also a cry-baby and a snitch. Don't get me wrong - I do not condone the actions of the Renault F1 team at Singapore last year one bit but I wouldn't want the guy in my team and Sir Richard Branson has made it clear he doesn't either. It is certainly getting interesting, for sure. I scribbled a possible 2010 grid on my notepad this morning and it looked like this:

Ferrari - Alonso/Massa

McBenz - Hamilton/Raikkonen

Brawn - Button/Rosberg

Williams - Barrichello/Hulkenberg

Renault - Kubica/Montagny

Red Bull - Vettel/Webber

STR - Buemi/Alguesuari

Toyota - Nakajima/Sato

Force India - Sutil/Luizzi

Sauber Qadbak - Heidfeld/Glock

Lotus - Davidson/Carroll

Manor - John Thaw/Dennis Waterman

Campos - Zorro/Franco

USF1 - DNR

my list is pretty similar except with a few tweaks:

Ferrari - Alonso/Massa

McBenz - Hamilton/Raikkonen

Brawn - Button/Rosberg

Williams - Barrichello/Hulkenberg

Renault - Kovalainen/Grosjean

Red Bull - Vettel/Webber

STR - Buemi/Alguesuari

Toyota - Glock/Kubica

Force India - Sutil/Luizzi

Sauber Qadbak - Heidfeld/Trulli

Lotus - Davidson/Carroll

Manor - John Thaw/Dennis Waterman

Campos - Zorro/Franco

USF1 - DNR

a new agreement with toyota and ZF Sachs (in my opinion) confirms toyota will race next season

http://www.f1technical.net/news/13469

They have also signed the Concorde Agreement. I disagree that they would consider Kubica - he'll be too expensive - he shouldn't be but he will. I cannot fathom the dithering over Glock - he's not too shabby and doesn't cost the earth - very strange.

John Noble, AUTOSPORT'S F1 editor recently tweeted that he's heard rumours that there could be a big suprise in the 2010 driver market. No indication as to what it is. Kubica to Toyota? :eusa_think:

John Noble, AUTOSPORT'S F1 editor recently tweeted that he's heard rumours that there could be a big suprise in the 2010 driver market. No indication as to what it is. Kubica to Toyota? :eusa_think:

Barrichello to Mclaren.

Kimi to Manor. Kimi to Manor! KIMI TO MANOR!

Or...

Massa quits Ferrari for Force India and will win WDC in 2010 while Alonso and Piquet reunite at Ferrari.

Barrichello to Mclaren.

I'd LOLroll and ROFLwaffle if Rubens won the WDC this year and had no ride in 2010. Then I'd cry.