Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Insider

Today In F1

itsok.gif

(Pssst...you forgot including Bill Gates there...)

I can't help but wonder if that's because, deep down, many of us would like to forget Bill Gates.

Speaking of what's going on in F1 today, did anyone else scan through the recent chatter supplied by Mr. Stuck of Volkswagen? Here's a link:

http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,18954,3213_5726614,00.html

He's certainly not one to pull his punches:

"We're looking for innovative things, and Formula 1 is the pinnacle of motorsport. Two years ago there was some talk that Volkswagen is going to buy the Red Bull F1 team, which we didn't need to buy. Why should we stick with one team if we can give our engines to more teams? If you buy Red Bull and Adrian Newey wants to go flying or fishing, the team is not successful any more."

Maybe we do need more candor in motor sport.

Speaking of what's going on in F1 today, did anyone else scan through the recent chatter supplied by Mr. Stuck of Volkswagen? Here's a link:

http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,18954,3213_5726614,00.html

He's certainly not one to pull his punches:

"We're looking for innovative things, and Formula 1 is the pinnacle of motorsport. Two years ago there was some talk that Volkswagen is going to buy the Red Bull F1 team, which we didn't need to buy. Why should we stick with one team if we can give our engines to more teams? If you buy Red Bull and Adrian Newey wants to go flying or fishing, the team is not successful any more."

Maybe we do need more candor in motor sport.

Believe me, Macca and Fezza demonstrated there is life beyond Newey and Brawn...

Awww, what a pita.

See what I did there? Har, har, har!

Crumbs, I didn't realise.

:D

Oh go on then - let's roll out another batch of half-baked, bread-related jokes - no bun intended.

At yeast we'll have something to talk about instead of our usual roti.

We'll be kneading a few more rye remarks from you Dribs.

Today in F1....

Seems Alguersuari's not confirmed on the 2010 entry list, looks like Baguette has been buttering up Franz Toast for the drive, Alg's manager said it's a pain but it's his own fault for loafing around.

Baguette said, "Me Ma-might be dead proud, and my Dad says I can cut the mustard, but he can't afford to help me, he's not roll-ing in it".

I'll get me coat....

But, er, Eric, as long as our friend has brought this up, what's going on with the Force India drawing? Was this done by one of the 12, 11, 10, 9 monkeys?

You're just jealous, aren't you? Right now you're wishing I'd offer you my historic drawing of the Midland but you're too afraid to ask ;)

By the way, if you look closely at the sidepods, you'd see their perfection would have taken the talent of at least 7 of the monkeys.

Today in F1....

Seems Alguersuari's not confirmed on the 2010 entry list, looks like Baguette has been buttering up Franz Toast for the drive, Alg's manager said it's a pain but it's his own fault for loafing around.

Baguette said, "Me Ma-might be dead proud, and my Dad says I can cut the mustard, but he can't afford to help me, he's not roll-ing in it".

I'll get me coat....

(Kingsmill Wholemeal) Gold.

Damn, I can't post here for another 21 minutes. I'm still in yesterday.

I think it's worse than that......those ears are sooo last year.

True, but the grimace is avant garde.

Hmm, I would have said it was more "Pardon, Je suis 'avin un merd".

You're just jealous, aren't you? Right now you're wishing I'd offer you my historic drawing of the Midland but you're too afraid to ask wink.gif

By the way, if you look closely at the sidepods, you'd see their perfection would have taken the talent of at least 7 of the monkeys.

biggrin.gif Yes, I am in fact jealous. Wifey won't let me keep monkeys anymore.

Today in F1....

I'll get me coat....

clap3.gif Well crafted & nicely played.

In a first for a while, a post that has nothing to do with naked men parties, bread, global warming, wanking, typewriting chimps, etc

....A post about F1!!!! :o

Sauber has been given Toyota's grid slot and becomes 13th team

(loads of site covering it).

source

(And there's a few others)

Not really surprising news, but...

*commences crowing*

I'd just like to point out that I said this would happen here along with my other post witness X predictions.

So far I've been pretty damned correct.

*ceases crowing*

Surprised?

Me too.

Looks like I've got the renault driver line up wrong though.

Great news that Sauber are back in.

Hope they have a similar colourscheme to that of the 90s. Obviously it shouldn't look like the Red Bulls but...

Hope Fisi gets a drive, probably with Nick.

source

(And there's a few others)

Not really surprising news, but...

*commences crowing*

I'd just like to point out that I said this would happen here along with my other post witness X predictions.

So far I've been pretty damned correct.

*ceases crowing*

Surprised?

Me too.

Looks like I've got the renault driver line up wrong though.

Well that's funny 'cos I got one right too: Adam is a Twatface, predicted in this post.... er ...well we all know it anyway :P:D

Well that's funny 'cos I got one right too: Adam is a Twatface, predicted in this post.... er ...well we all know it anyway :P:D

It's not a prediction if you only noticed after the fact and since I've been a twatface for a very long time, I don't think that stating it in this post qualifies.

EDIT

I predict that I will urinate in the next 10 minutes - THAT is a prediction.

Finally Prodrive will enter in F1! I wonder if they'll use Cozza's or Renault's or something else!

Source?

I thought it was mentioned in adam's post!

Hmm, there has been no announcement other than there are two bids on the table, one of them alleged to be Prodrive. It is thought that Renault may favour the non-Prodrive bid as the company involved have committed to absorb the Renault Young Driver Program. Also, Prodrive would probably not honour Kubica's agreement and the Regie would end up having to compensate him. That is my information.